• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
I really like jigglypuff, and wrath of the reset bomb is my favorite level in kid Icarus: uprising, which I was having a huge kick of at the time I made this name.

Elibbabeth

Inkling
NNID
Elibbabeth
It's a mixture of all my nicknames/full name. A friend slapped me with it in college and it's been my screen name for stuff ever since.

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
My username is just my nickname. Mac is pretty much the abbreviated form of my full name, and "the Writer" is because I wrote a lot of fanfictions.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
My initials are ARC. When I first really got into online gaming I used the handle xxArchangelusxx (oh halo) And keeping with the theme of heavenly/Divine It progressed as follows:

Archangelus>Daitenshi(took japanese I'm college >ArcDaitenshi (so my old clan mates could recognize me)>Empyrean>Empyreus (Latin of empyrean)>ArcEmpyreus.

I think I'm Empyreus in Splatoon atm.

Dream21

Full Squid
I usually use something that has to with dreaming or the night sky. dream21 has just been the go-to. I use 21 since I've used it on the end of usernames since I was 7 on kids games, and anything else just seems wrong now.

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
I went with XenoPixel because I like the word xeno, and the word pixel. That's basically all there is to it.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Well, on most other websites, I am ThatGuyYouKnow, but I switched it up for ThatSquidYouKnow because Splatoon.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Part of my last name and my middle name. I've had various usernames in the past, but stuck with this one in the past few years since it is similar to what my brother would use for his.

Cliff

Inkling
I got my username based off what I started out as on SmashBoards, where I named myself Cliffjumper after an Autobot in the Transformers. Ever since then I changed my name on there to Equestrian Flyer.

I picked Cliff because it's just a name that stuck with me on SmashBoards even now that I'm not Cliffjumper anymore in that site.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
I was playing Adventure quest....Man what was it.. 9 years ago? I was still very young and I was in love with Dragons at the time...Soooo Dragon! But of course it was taken -_- So I needed something to put on the end of it... I hated having numbers in my name so I needed something to fit on the end of Dragon... I remember looking around the page and seeing an Ad for a Cruddy Naruto game.. So I mashed Naruto and Dragon together to get Dragonuto! Stuck with it ever since, never even thought about changing it :P

Aerotop

Inkling
I found this website looking up info about the Aerospray RG and so I just had Aero in my head (which is a pretty cool word) and I added top to the end of it

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
It was the user name chosen for me from computer programming, it is my last name and the first 3 letters of my first name. It is extremely lame. But I have definately grown to like it after the last couple of years.

Cherry

Inkster Jr.
Cherry is slightly different than my real name. I'm uncreative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom