• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why Did You Choose That Username?

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Giraffes are my favorite animals. Girafarig is a Pokemon based on a giraffe. Shiny because that makes the Girafarig more unique.

NyaaDoodle

Inkling
'Doodle' is a cool word and I like doodling stuff, so I thought why not..
And the 'Nyaa' part...why not add something cute to Doodle OwO;

NNID
OllzTheCheetah
Self explanatory really. I hail from Wales in the UK and I love the Canadian lifstyle so much that I want to go "over the pond" and gain dual citizenship.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Since I'm mostly a support player, and my favorite weapons in shooters tend to be light machine guns or anything similar, I decided to go by LMG. It's also easier to recognize and remember :ability_tenacity:

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Well, I just did choose Nero because of a character of an old manga called Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken.

I usually put this one on forums and online games, so I kept the tradition :)

MrFilibrawler

Inkling
NNID
Zac757
Funny story... I actually came from Smashboards. Filibrawler is a pun on filibuster, the Villager was my favorite character to play at the time. Animal Crossing: New Leaf makes the first villager created the mayor of the town... so, yeah!

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
I like Sayaka from Madoka Magica, and I think Abstergo from Assassin's Creed is a cool name for a company. All I had to do was mash them together with an underscore and bam, username.

And it's also my username for pretty much everything else.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I like videos games, I'm fascinated with the universe, and GameGalaxy was taken on some other site. 64 because I love Nintendo and the name rolled off the tongue. I never owned an N64.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
It's just my first name. I used to come up with all sorts of alias', but none of them ever sounded right to me, so I decided to go simple, since I have a small amount of pride in my name. For the longest time though, I went by CHAOS. (Yes it was always spelled all caps like that, I thought it made it distinct).

NNID
iMarkey
It's my name on another site (Google+). I don't really remember why I chose it. Probably because I was into Splatoon and I thought it sounded cool, lol.

Caramiella

Inkling
NNID
CaramelSundae
Caramiella, basically my internet alias name, and a revamped/revised version of my previous alias.
Pretty unique, guess it would make it easier to find me on social media sites? :p

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
Mine was given to me by a friend i was called dolphin because I was able to swim well and lead groups but I can eat a lot and I have always loved yoshi so thus my name Dolphoshi was born (BTW yoshi's can totally swim)

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mine was given to me by a friend i was called dolphin because I was able to swim well and lead groups but I can eat a lot and I have always loved yoshi so thus my name Dolphoshi was born (BTW yoshi's can totally swim)
They can swim as good as a submarine ;)

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I got my name from.................................I really don't know. I just kind of thought of it one day and it became my tag in every game. It was originally spelled "Ridel" but I changed it to "RiDEL" because I like the NiGHTS style.

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
On Splatoon I go by the name 'Ely'. On the game RuneScape, I used to have the username 'l Elysium' and friends would call me Ely for short. So I kind of sticked to it.

Bunnii

Inkling
NNID
NinjaBunnii99
I've used the name "Bunnii" for quite some time now and have had several variations of it like NinjaBunnii or BunniiButt. "Bunnii" is just something I came up with as a character name while playing Maplestory a couple years ago. Although, I've never owned or have even touched the actual animal bunny, but I do have 3 dogs.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Spiderface is my Mii's name. My sister and I made psycho looking Mii's and gave them retarded names, and Spiderface grew on me.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I've used this as my username on just about every website/online gaming account I have, so I just stuck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom