1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by ZypkerGaming, Aug 16, 2015.

1. ShinyGirafarig

ShinyGirafarig Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ShinyGirafarig
    Giraffes are my favorite animals. Girafarig is a Pokemon based on a giraffe. Shiny because that makes the Girafarig more unique.

2. NyaaDoodle

NyaaDoodle Inkling

'Doodle' is a cool word and I like doodling stuff, so I thought why not..
    And the 'Nyaa' part...why not add something cute to Doodle OwO;

3. TheWelshCanadian

NNID:
    OllzTheCheetah
    Self explanatory really. I hail from Wales in the UK and I love the Canadian lifstyle so much that I want to go "over the pond" and gain dual citizenship.

4. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

Since I'm mostly a support player, and my favorite weapons in shooters tend to be light machine guns or anything similar, I decided to go by LMG. It's also easier to recognize and remember :ability_tenacity:

Mendax likes this.
  5. Nero86

Nero86 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    nero86
    Well, I just did choose Nero because of a character of an old manga called Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken.

I usually put this one on forums and online games, so I kept the tradition :)

6. MrFilibrawler

MrFilibrawler Inkling

NNID:
    Zac757
    Funny story... I actually came from Smashboards. Filibrawler is a pun on filibuster, the Villager was my favorite character to play at the time. Animal Crossing: New Leaf makes the first villager created the mayor of the town... so, yeah!

7. sayaka_abstergo

sayaka_abstergo Inkling Bounty Hunter

NNID:
    sayaka_abstergo
    I like Sayaka from Madoka Magica, and I think Abstergo from Assassin's Creed is a cool name for a company. All I had to do was mash them together with an underscore and bam, username.

And it's also my username for pretty much everything else.

LongswordSamurai likes this.
  8. GameGalaxy64

GameGalaxy64 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    FlareFusion
    I like videos games, I'm fascinated with the universe, and GameGalaxy was taken on some other site. 64 because I love Nintendo and the name rolled off the tongue. I never owned an N64.

9. Cullen

Cullen Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    CullenDaGaDee
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0399-9657-5873
    It's just my first name. I used to come up with all sorts of alias', but none of them ever sounded right to me, so I decided to go simple, since I have a small amount of pride in my name. For the longest time though, I went by CHAOS. (Yes it was always spelled all caps like that, I thought it made it distinct).

10. The Squid Master

NNID:
    iMarkey
    It's my name on another site (Google+). I don't really remember why I chose it. Probably because I was into Splatoon and I thought it sounded cool, lol.

11. Caramiella

Caramiella Inkling

NNID:
    CaramelSundae
    Caramiella, basically my internet alias name, and a revamped/revised version of my previous alias.
    Pretty unique, guess it would make it easier to find me on social media sites? :p

12. warghoul

warghoul Inkling Cadet

From the Gwar song Wharghol pronounced war ghoul. Use it for anything interwebz related.

13. Dolphoshi

Dolphoshi Pro Squid

Mine was given to me by a friend i was called dolphin because I was able to swim well and lead groups but I can eat a lot and I have always loved yoshi so thus my name Dolphoshi was born (BTW yoshi's can totally swim)

Mendax likes this.
  14. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

They can swim as good as a submarine ;)

Mendax and Dolphoshi like this.
  15. RiDEL

RiDEL Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    RiDEL_Puff
    I got my name from.................................I really don't know. I just kind of thought of it one day and it became my tag in every game. It was originally spelled "Ridel" but I changed it to "RiDEL" because I like the NiGHTS style.

ThatSquidYouKnow likes this.
  16. Wiebenjijzeg

Wiebenjijzeg Full Squid

NNID:
    Syrnis
    On Splatoon I go by the name 'Ely'. On the game RuneScape, I used to have the username 'l Elysium' and friends would call me Ely for short. So I kind of sticked to it.

17. Bunnii

Bunnii Inkling

NNID:
    NinjaBunnii99
    I've used the name "Bunnii" for quite some time now and have had several variations of it like NinjaBunnii or BunniiButt. "Bunnii" is just something I came up with as a character name while playing Maplestory a couple years ago. Although, I've never owned or have even touched the actual animal bunny, but I do have 3 dogs.

18. Spiderface

Spiderface Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Spiderface1992
    Spiderface is my Mii's name. My sister and I made psycho looking Mii's and gave them retarded names, and Spiderface grew on me.

19. Claus

Claus Full Squid

NNID:
    Bluevisionist
    As a joke I once set my name to Claus because I loved Mother 3, and it grew on me and my circle of friends.

Mendax likes this.
  20. BlackZero

BlackZero Inkling Commander

I've used this as my username on just about every website/online gaming account I have, so I just stuck with it.