• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why you shouldn't care about your rank.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
If your statement were true you'd never de-rank because of that 30 pts advantage when you rank up. Unfortunately people do de-rank because they can't keep up with the new rank they've obtained. I'm sorry to say but your analogy makes absolutely no sense.

EDIT: If I make it to S+ and lose 15 times in a row, not winning once, and de-rank, I'm meant for S+? Hardly. Placement needs to be proven by consecutive wins and enough loses to drag you down means you aren't ready.
Sorry didnt mean use to meant,what i should of used was ready.Like i said before losing isn't entirely your fault.

Last edited:

Zarklord

Inkling
NNID
Zarklord
This is not completely true. I just played 10 matches where the game was tilted and I was matched against 2 or more A ranks when my squad was 2 or more A-s. The system does have flaws. And the scoring is a joke. Lost to 4 A +s last night when our squad was 2 A-s and 2 As and lost 10 points. If you are advantaged by rank you shouldn't gain more than 5 points and maybe a bonus 1 point for a KO. Thats my 2 cents
you realize the requirements to stay in A+ is the same as the requirements to stay in A- I.E. lets say if to rank up from A- to A you have to win 12 games straight, it's the same if your were A+ to S

Kytez

Inkling
NNID
dustyxpie
I was once in S-Rank, but due to the fact that I play mostly Turf War (it was kind of a matchmaking miracle I got up there in the first place), I ranked back down to A+ pretty soon. I'm at A+ thirty-something right now. I kind of just want to get Ranked over with so I can have S+ just for bragging rights, if I'm being perfectly honest, but I don't mind ranking down as long as I still have room to grow.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Brianstorm? I'm sorry but that thread was hilarious.
As HilariLOLus as it was, and still is, let's try not to veer back towards the storm-that-should-not-be-named. Pwetty pwease?

I rather not see a thread such as this weighed down by that.

So, any suggestions how one should overcome their worries about their rank? Even when you can accept that you may not be ready just yet, the defeats still sting nonetheless.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As HilariLOLus as it was, and still is, let's try not to veer back towards the storm-that-should-not-be-named. Pwetty pwease?

I rather not see a thread such as this weighed down by that.

So, any suggestions how one should overcome their worries about their rank? Even when you can accept that you may not be ready just yet, the defeats still sting nonetheless.
Make an alt.

No, really. Start from scratch, chew past the newbies, and see how far you can get just throwing yourself at the wall. It's great for taking the pressure off having a "I'm doing to do my best and damn the results" account.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Make an alt.

No, really. Start from scratch, chew past the newbies, and see how far you can get just throwing yourself at the wall. It's great for taking the pressure off having a "I'm doing to do my best and damn the results" account.
Ditto.

Which is why I have a (currently) nozzlenose only using alt. It has helped a LOT.

And I'll admit, there were times I wanted to submit to the salty side of the force and squidbag during those rare moments of singlehandedly demolishing the other team or their defenses with a friggin nozzlenose. But now I'm tempted to use the dynamos with it. So I guess the alt may become my darkside account?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ditto.

Which is why I have a (currently) nozzlenose only using alt. It has helped a LOT.

And I'll admit, there were times I wanted to submit to the salty side of the force and squidbag during those rare moments of singlehandedly demolishing the other team or their defenses with a friggin nozzlenose. But now I'm tempted to use the dynamos with it. So I guess the alt may become my darkside account?
Join the dark side, we have pizza and ice cream! :D

That aside, I'm doing the same thing. I kinda want to see if I can get back to S on my own merits with the H-3. I will learn aiming and trigger discipline! GLORY OR DEATH!

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Ditto.

I use my alt for blaster training. Disrupting people is fun. xD

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I'm a parade example on not-caring-about-my-rank. I've de-ranked myself down to B- and even C- for the 3rd time now. On purpose.
I play ranked as a way to improve with different weapons and earn cash. \-:confused:-/

G

girigiriHERO

I'm a parade example on not-caring-about-my-rank. I've de-ranked myself down to B- and even C- for the 3rd time now. On purpose.
I play ranked as a way to improve with different weapons and earn cash. \-:confused:-/
everyone in B hell is going to hate you with a passion when they read you deliberately rank down.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Thank you for this! I should go back to this mindset I use to possess when I only played for myself.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Haha, to be completely honest, I deranked to B- last week, just to see how massive the difference is from B- to S+! And I also enjoy trolling the ranks below me.
So... are you intentionally throwing matches to de-rank? Is that how you're going about it?

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
So... are you intentionally throwing matches to de-rank? Is that how you're going about it?
Basically, ya. I don't really sht myself about my rank and since my team will only lose 1 point when I dc as the match starts I feel less shtty about doing it. And I know I'll be able to get my rank back.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
>trolls lower rank players
>ruins matches to do so

How very classy. Well now I wish there was a way to manually add people to my wii u block list, cause I'd certainly have an addition in mind. Eesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom