• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why you shouldn't care about your rank.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
It actually does help to care a little less about your rank. The problem that many players have when it comes to Ranked is that we get far too frustrated. Most would never admit that, of course. It's easier to blame our teammates for our losses than admit it was partially our fault. The problem with getting frustrated at Ranked and worrying about deranking is that we begin to tilt. The more we're worrying and the angrier we've gotten, the worse our playing is going to become. We're not going to play our best because we're too frustrated to do so.

It'll be easier for people to get through Ranked when they learn to stop becoming so frustrated over their rank.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Haha, to be completely honest, I deranked to B- last week, just to see how massive the difference is from B- to S+! And I also enjoy trolling the ranks below me.
You're the kind of people that makes ranked mode that much more of a hassle... for pretty much everyone unfortunate enough to encounter you.
You could've just made an alt if you enjoy beating up newbs so much, instead of brining down everyone

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Do something to get banned from the game, please. You'd be doing us all a favor.
You're the kind of people that makes ranked mode that much more of a hassle... for pretty much everyone unfortunate enough to encounter you.
You could've just made an alt if you enjoy beating up newbs so much, instead of brining down everyone
Look, my thing is if you know your own skill, you don't need your rank to prove it and because of that I couldn't give less shts how people feel about losing their rank because of me. If you can't pick up slack for someone else's flaws, get better so you can for the next time it happens. It's players like you who'd blame your teammates for losing a match. Even if that teammate actually sucks, how much better does it make you that you don't have the ability to still pull through with your other teammates? I'm not justifying what I do either, I know it's messed up, but I just don't care, which is why I still do it. But I mean hey, it's only a game, right?

[EDIT] Next time you lose a match, say this to yourself.
What can I do better to avoid this from happening, again.

G

girigiriHERO

Look, my thing is if you know your own skill, you don't need your rank to prove it and because of that I couldn't give less shts how people feel about losing their rank because of me. If you can't pick up slack for someone else's flaws, get better so you can for the next time it happens. It's players like you who'd blame your teammates for losing a match. Even if that teammate actually sucks, how much better does it make you that you don't have the ability to still pull through with your other teammates? I'm not justifying what I do either, I know it's messed up, but I just don't care, which is why I still do it. But I mean hey, it's only a game, right?

[EDIT] Next time you lose a match, say this to yourself.
What can I do better to avoid this from happening, again.
I do think it's unfair to assume someone should be capable of covering for a team mate doing nothing, but I don't really care either as I'm enjoying TW more than Ranked these days.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Look, my thing is if you know your own skill, you don't need your rank to prove it
Yeah, and that's fine.

and because of that I couldn't give less shts how people feel about losing their rank because of me.
That's the part that gets me (and many other people).

It's players like you who'd blame your teammates for losing a match.
I don't know where you're pulling that from, but I didn't mention that. If I kept blaming my team for my losses, I doubt I would have made it to S+99.
To be straight, it's players like you who make others blame their teammates... and it's for a better reason than just wanting to be carried.

But I mean hey, it's only a game, right?
Yes it is, but nothing forces you to ruin the experience of others.

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
I do think it's unfair to assume someone should be capable of covering for a team mate doing nothing, but I don't really care either as I'm enjoying TW more than Ranked these days.
Oh ya, my point with that was use a slack teammate as an opportunity to get better, rather than getting upset.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Oh ya, my point with that was use a slack teammate as an opportunity to get better, rather than getting upset.
So you're doing your team a favor by intentionally saddling them with a handicap? I'm sure they're real grateful for that.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Haha, to be completely honest, I deranked to B- last week, just to see how massive the difference is from B- to S+! And I also enjoy trolling the ranks below me.
Welp, I feel bad for the newbies who run into you but hey gotta do something if you're bored right?

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
everyone in B hell is going to hate you with a passion when they read you deliberately rank down.
Haha yes, I can imagine that. At least I don't draw B+/A- players down when I try to learn Eliter as someone who'd never played chargers before (except Amiibo). Gosh, I'm such a noob :D

G

girigiriHERO

Well I guess it's a little better that you only make them lose 1 point instead of 5.
don't you have to d/c before the match starts, as in when they are spawning on the portal, otherwise you lose full points?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
don't you have to d/c before the match starts, as in when they are spawning on the portal, otherwise you lose full points?
No, not in my experience. It seems a little woolly as to when, exactly, a DC turns a 'proper loss' into a 'cushioned loss', but pulling the plug a few seconds in most probably will prevent your team from losing points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom