• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Wich languages do you speak?

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
On a good day, I'm fluent in either of those: English, German, Polish, Russian.
On a bad day, I can speak neither. I'll just turn to speaking complete gibberish or a mash-up of all four and generally annoy people by accident. I'm a notorious code-switcher and even on a good-ish day I could still throw in e.g. Russian words while otherwise conversing in perfect English without noticing it. It's even worse with Polish because some vocabulary is essentially the same by sound but the meaning is completely different....

On a positive note if anyone needs helps with any of the above languages (though I'd really not recommend hitting me up when it's about English grammar as I have no idea what I'm doing there) feel free to ask.

I can read Japanese rather fluently and I'm still building on it but I'm afraid I can't converse in it really well due to the lack of people who are proficient in it. This is just an assumption, I haven't tested it. Writing is an entirely different matter to me personally. I have all the time in the world to fix my typos and re-think my sentences. When speaking I can't be bothered to uh eeeeto all the time, though I'd really appreciate it should I get lucky at some point. So I can probably write pretty legible Japanese and my pronounciation is a'right (I did a course on the basics with a native speaker two years ago and she confirmed) but don't expect me to speak like it's nothing.

If someone needs help with his/her Japanese studies I'd recommend asking everyone else before hitting up me. I'm terrible at explaining Japanese grammar because it's one I just picked up by intuition and I can't explain every nuance like a native speaker or actual teacher could.

Darkphantomrick

Inkling
NNID
Darkphantomrick
Switch Friend Code
SW-3143-2031-5456
I was born and lived in Germany for quite a few years so my native language is German. I speak English too. I currently live in the US and have lived here fore most my life. I took a class in Japanese, I only learned a few basics out of it but i'm trying to learn more on my own.

Seteen

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3971-5459-0693
I was born and lived in Germany for quite a few years so my native language is German. I speak English too. I currently live in the US and have lived here fore most my life. I took a class in Japanese, I only learned a few basics out of it but i'm trying to learn more on my own.
Hi, I have interest in your comment. I'm Japanese temporarily stay in US for English training. I suppose if we make friendship we can play splatoon with studying each languages. If it sounds good, please reply to me.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
English is my native language, but I can speak enough French, German and Arabic to get by / hold a mildly boring conversation.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I can speak English, French and Chinese but need to learn arabic because that's my nation

Palu

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3380-5177-0238
French is my first language but I learned English by watching Movies and playing games in English. Oh and also Arabic.

archie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7575-5779-9669
I speak hungarian (native), norwegian (which means I can understand swedish and danish and talk with them fairly easily), fluent english and basic german. I also want to learn japanese, becuse reasons.
Ah, a fellow Hunglander. I knew there's gotta be at least one more freak in this country who actually buys games. So yeah, native Hungarian here (supposedly, at least... I'm practically more fluent in English than Hungarian at this point), with intermediate Swedish and a bit of German on the side, a smattering of passive French, and theoretically able to read Latin though that's mostly just for looking interesting at parties. You can pretty much guess from there what fun parties I go to.

Geeta

Inkling
NNID
GeetaArmstrong
Switch Friend Code
SW-7280-1142-2257
My native is Spanish, I'm trying to learn perfectly english but sometimes it's hard for me xP My parents are from Portugal so I know a little of portuguese. :)

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
English, learned Hiragana and Katakana just to read the names of teammates in Splatoon 1. (Useless for Splatoon 2...) Fluent in 65816 assembly.

miiiiyuuu

Inkling
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-0363-3436-1912
I speak portuguese,english,and im currently trying to learn japanese, and i know a tiny bit of spanish.I dont know about french though

Heals

Inkster Jr.
Russian, german, french, spanish, english ofc, i know 2 sentences in welsh, know a bit of japanese and chinese. Speak inkling, sukian (a semi correspondent language that me and roughly 60 friends are developing, dm for info! have a word doc for it!)

Agent_1000008

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-6179-1796
I currently speak Dutch,English and German. Dutch is my native laguage, being from the Netherlands and all. As a kid I had a lot of exposure to English. In school I had two years of German. My German is so/so. I've been to French many times, still cant speak it. I was looking at learning Japanese. That seems like a widespread plan.
I speak English, sometimes parts of Spanish, French, Japanese, and Korean. I’m also semi-fluent in sign language

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
i know it's been, like, around 4 months since anyone commented in this thread/post, but i wanted to share, so:
fluent in English (native), speak some Japanese (my parents forced me to learn it but i gave up a while ago), and im currently learning Hindi (because it's a cool language 😎😎😎)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom