• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Wich languages do you speak?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Jo ablo Español. I also know English. A little bit of German too.
Ich weiß es nicht

Crystal C

Inkster Jr.
Two languages English which I really question how fluent I am in it with how many times I flubb up my words lol. That and French. French because not only is almost everyone in my family full French but it was actually my mums first language and allot of people in my family know it. That and I also live in maine so when the summer hits allot of people from Quebec come down. Basically if you don't know at least some French your just SOL! XD Also because of listening to my meme speak French so often I guess I picked up the accent.

Squiderr

Inkling
NNID
BlueBomberr
My native language is Swedish, however, I am fluent in english, russian and polish.
I am studying japanese since I got multiple friends on miiverse who only speak japanese.

WillWang88

Inkling
NNID
Ty
English is native tongue. I can speak, Bosnian and Serbia and a little Croatian as well as read Russian.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Only truly fluent language is English, but my family is Russian so I've grown up speaking that and can more or less get by in it. Additionally, I'm learning German at school and, although I'm not confident speaking it, I can understand spoken and written German with marginal trouble. As it turns out, watching Let's Plays as an unhealthy obsession is also one of the best ways to learn a language!

After exams end this year, I'll have a mountain of free time; I want to use that to start learning Japanese in a similar manner to German (get comfortable with the basics and then probably watch hours of Japanese Splatoon footage). The reason for that language specifically is that it's very relevant to my interests, if only Pokémon and Splatoon. In the long term, I'd ideally also get around to learning a Scandinavian tongue, A) because they look so silly and B) because it could be wonderful to move to Norway or Iceland one day.

Angel1010

Inkling
NNID
168wiiu
I speak Cantonese, Mandarin and English. I started learning Japanese about a month ago, and am still trying to memorise all the hiragana characters.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I speak Cantonese, Mandarin and English. I started learning Japanese about a month ago, and am still trying to memorise all the hiragana characters.
Ooh! I tried learning Mandarin last year, but it just wasn't my language. Now I'm doing Japanese, and mostly floundering about in Kanji and grammar. I'm really good with Hiragana and Katakana, though. Perhaps learning them through mnemonics can help. Tofugu has a guide for both Hiragana and Katakana, and I learned both in like a week last summer.

So many Japanese learners! Someone should make a thread for us.

Actimela

Inkling
NNID
Actimela
French (native), at ease with English.
3 years ago, I begun to learn Japanese (I had the project to travel in Japan for Holidays, but unfortunately I had to cancel the travel for some reasons...). I forgot a lot of things but I can still read the Hiragana and most of the Katakana (and pronounce the name of the ones who splatt me...)
I also know some Italian.

I recommend the software "Rosetta Stone" to begin to learn a new language (yeah, it's very expensive but there is another way to get it ;) )

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
French (native), at ease with English.
3 years ago, I begun to learn Japanese (I had the project to travel in Japan for Holidays, but unfortunately I had to cancel the travel for some reasons...). I forgot a lot of things but I can still read the Hiragana and most of the Katakana (and pronounce the name of the ones who splatt me...)
I also know some Italian.

I recommend the software "Rosetta Stone" to begin to learn a new language (yeah, it's very expensive but there is another way to get it ;) )
I've tried Rosetta Stone with both Mandarin and Japanese, and I really don't like it for either. So I'm going out on my own, looking for resources to help me master grammar and kanji.

fishupie

Inkling
NNID
fishupie
English, Chinese, Malay, and learning Japanese!
Chinese is my mother tongue, English and Malay are taught at school, and Japanese because I'm interested :^)

fishupie

Inkling
NNID
fishupie
Whoa, nice! How good are you at Japanese?
I'm still learning the basics, but because I've played lots of jp games before I took actual classes my ability to read and listen is waaay ahead of my speaking and writing xD;;

I plan to take N3 level of JLPT this year :) (I passed my N4 last year)

Sheamky

Inkling
NNID
Sheamky
I'm a native french speaker and I learned English by talking online haha. Currently learning Spanish and interested in Japanese!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Native French speaker here. I learned English by being too stubborn to accept that Ace Attorney Investigations wasn’t getting a French localization, unlike the other games in the series. I powered through it and it snowballed from there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom