• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worst Teammates Ever

OG String

Inkling
Last week my buddy and I were teamed up for Squads and he immediately got killed 3 times on Museum D'Alfonsino. At that point I believe he started to rage and just decided to watch a TV show instead while half haphazardly playing. Well, he ended up with a lovely 0-20 KD which of course made it a constant struggle to control the zone. We somehow ended up with a narrow victory but the post game laughter was EPIC!

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Last night, I was playing Rainmaker. At first, the team was really good. We were sticking together and taking the other team out to clear a pathway for ourselves and the Rainmaker. We popped the shield and I grabbed the Rainmaker.... And everybody left. :confused:

Literally, everyone left and retreated back towards our base, leaving me alone with the Rainmaker. I thought they would protect me and help me get the Rainmaker over since we were doing so well sticking together... But nope. They abandoned me instead for no reason. :(

OG String

Inkling
Wait so was he even looking at the screen or just kinda guessing like "Yeah there's probably someone in front of me and they're just not moving or anything"
Not entirely sure, sounds like he was 70% watching a TV show, 30% glancing at splatoon lol. I have no idea how he managed 0-20 in that time frame.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I was in a room where my 3 team members kept super jumping to even the most obvious of deaths. We lost Rainmaker, and they had about 14+ knockouts each, meanwhile I was sitting at a 9.
Against a team who was very strong this did not help.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
While i dislike teammates who keep failing at the objective i wouldn't call that the worst teammates ever, by far. The worst ones are the people who just give up and start spamming c'mon in Ranked while they ended up with a 0-9 KD ratio.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I more than once super jumped to a teammate who I thought was safe, and they did not cover me, resulting in lovely deaths for me. I'm sure that's not the worst, the worst are the ones that disconnect.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Back before I was an S, friend of mine and I decided to hop into twin squads during a rainmaker rotation. We got two S ranks on our team, and we thought that would give us an edge, considering the other team wasn't all the great. These guys proceed to grab the rainmaker, bring it back to our base, and have a squid party near were the enemy needs to get the rainmaker. I'm surprised my friend and I were able to hold the other team off well enough for a couple minutes but... yeah, inevitable knockout. I didn't go back into another rainmaker match for a long while after that...
I'm an S now, but getting there can be annoying, and I understand the pain of being A+ for so long. So I would never do that to people who have rank to lose. And I hope other S ranks on here feel the same way.

TheSaltySquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cobman456
This morning in turf war, three people on my team were messing around (obviously friends in the same lobby). They were just spamming the nice button and squid-bagging people I splatted. That was... interesting to say the least.
That exact thing happened to me

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nothing like being the top scoring player on your team 6 games in a row and still end up losing every single one (not counting Splatfests; those things are horrible). I got to say, Splatoon is very quickly losing it's appeal to me lately :(

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Just had a match where all three of my teammates got 0 kills. It wasn't a squid party, they just couldn't kill.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I had a rainmaker match today where one of my teammates grabbed the rainmaker in the beginning and ran with it to our base. Everyone else was spamming the “C'mon/To Me!” call, but they just kept going. :confused:

It didn't take long for the other team to splat them and take a knockout win. Caused me to drop rank too. :(

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
i was playing on my c rank alt so i dont kno if this coutsm but there was just a eliter using nothing but uncharged shots, never charged, never used echo, never used burst bombs

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
When it comes to stupid team mates, I see it on Saltspray the most. Allow me to summarize it with these quotes... ahem...

"Why are three of you at bottom!? Only one person needs to be there! Get up here and help me for mid!"

"We don't need 3 people to cover top! We need to take the rest of the map! COME. ON!"

"I'M NOT SAFE! WHY ARE YOU SUPER JUMPING TO ME!?"

Aelo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Aelo_NN
I was on the verge of dropping my S-Rank for like the 9,999,999th time...

Tower Control - Camp Triggerfish

We were getting REKT by the other team. They advanced the Tower up to 27 and we were just trying to prevent the KO.
Then this guy decides it's all over and after just ONE MINUTE since the start of the match, he decides to put the GamePad down and just spam "Come On" and "Booyah!" like he was cheering us up while we were trying to get the Tower back and start pushing.

Only 20 seconds left, we somehow splat the entire enemy team and the other 2 squids and me are on the Tower, ready to push back, go into Overtime and try to win the game. We're doing amazing at this point, and I'm there thinking we might actually win this.

In the end the guy realizes there's still hope and he super jumps to us. While he is about to land on the Tower, we get splatted but manage to take the other guys down as well. We manage to reach 34...33...We super jump to the guy and as I was flying I noticed that this dude decided to run away from the Tower, ending our Overtime and thus, making me Rank Down.

Why

Zolda

Full Squid
Had a game on Hammerhead TC yesterday where my team just absolutely refused to get on the tower. We had a moment at one point where we wiped out their entire team: my teammates took out two of them and I died taking out the other two myself. Figured it was well worth the sacrifice since we'd be able to make some serious progress with their whole team wiped.

While waiting to respawn I kept waiting for my teammates to get the tower...but not a single one of them ever did. The entire enemy team dead, and no one even got close to the tower. It wasn't until I respawned and swam all the way back to the center (Again, on Hammerhead: not a short distance) that we finally got the tower moving since I got on it, but of course the enemy team was back too and proceeded to immediately swarm the tower and kill me, and went on to win the game.

I have no earthly idea what the hell my teammates were doing that could have possibly been more important than getting on the tower while the whole enemy team was dead. I normally refuse to blame teams for a loss because I know that's usually just an excuse, but I think this is one of those rare scenarios where I really can blame incompetent teammates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom