• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I've done to others:
  • Didn't happen to me, but used my Hydra Splatling to push a bubble user into the water in Mahi Mahi Resort.
  • Armed with a Squiffer and full special I ran into someone also with a bubble special. Both our bubbles went up. Old fashion western standoff. Heh heh heh.

To me:

• Learning to use a charger with a scope. I don't know how long she was there but an opposing Octobrush user just stood behind on my perch. Gave me a chance to reload. Then smacked me silly when I finally turned around realizing she was there. Tunnel vision is a b.
  • Hammerhead Bridge. That first jump after the spawnpoint is a doozy (thought it was more floor to ink, honest!).
  • Activating bomb rush special. Running around like a buffoon tossing bombs. Realizing that once it's over I've wondered right into the middle of the other team. They take a moment to decide who's kill it is but all four decide to open fire on me instead.
  • Running battle with me and the opposing player strafing in the same direction in Mahi Mahi Resort. He stops before running into the water. I didn't.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Reading this whole thread, I can honestly say 95% of these have happened to me over the course of playing the game.
This is why I don't deserve S rank xD

To contribute, I fully lost my team a Rainmaker game once. Knowing your dumb mistake cost the game is one of the most awkward feels ever. Haha
It was on Bluefin. The opposing team had a score in the upper 30s, maybe. I popped the Rainmaker shield where my last teammate left it, on the right-side grate ramp. Our score was low 40's. All I needed was a push! Carry the rainmaker to the top of the ramp! I forgot to let go of ZL after jumping and fell through the grate and died.

The opposing team kept their score for the remaining 20 seconds.

Award

I'm noticing very common trend of "worst ways to get splatted" appearing on Bluefin Depot... :)

Moonwolf

Inkling
My most embarrassing splats are:

1. falling off ledges/under estimating jumps
2. not having enough ink to climb the wall in Moray Towers
3. stepping/jumping into an inkstrike/killer wail
4. thinking I got splatted when it was really a teammate so stop playing only to be splatted a moment later
5. backing up so my opponent is out of my shot range but I'm still in theirs

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I'm not used to the Inkzooka's slight delay in activation, even though my main Special is Inkstrike, so I've gotten splatted immediately after activating it without getting to fire it.

Award

I'm not used to the Inkzooka's slight delay in activation, even though my main Special is Inkstrike, so I've gotten splatted immediately after activating it without getting to fire it.
Don't worry, with lag, there's still a good chance you'll splat somebody with it even though you haven't fully deployed it or fired it yet, like a gift from Team Future! :p

Which makes #9: Getting splatted by an inkzooka tornado from someone you splatted before it was even deployed!

Breademic

Senior Squid
NNID
Breademic
Super jumping to a teammate only to jump into an opponent's Killer Wail. lol

Other times mistakenly thinking that I'm outside of the Killer Wail, but I'm actually right in the middle. And vice versa

FlamingZelda

Inkling
NNID
FlamingZelda
Getting splatted by a laggy kraken.
Dying from the recoil on your inkzooka.
Forgetting to turn into inkling form when holding the rainmaker and the falling through a grate on bluefin depot.
Being pushed into water by the tower in TC.

ArcticWolf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RedGazelle7
When you're out of ink in the middle of a 1v1.
To Chargers when they're lasers are nowhere near you.
"SURPRISE MOTHER ****ER!" Kraken in Rainmaker.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Trying to get onto tower in tower control and you fall to your death 5 times because the tower suddenly lagged forward a few paces on moray towers.
Ahhh! Even without lag, sometimes when the tower is moving forward and I'm swimming up the wall of it, since its going away from me I fall down to my death! hahaha. This happens on Bluefin mostly. CURSE YOU BLUEFIN jk i love you

LazerBeanz

Inkling
NNID
shuya_nananahara
some of the worst ways I've gotten splatted have been when I think I'm hitting the other team members with my weapon, but I miss by just a little, and they turn around and splat me! GAH! Gets me furious! Or just keep getting sniped in the same place.....

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Yesterday, I jumped to the tower on Bluefin when it was above the water, and all of a sudden, the enemy control over the tower ended, and the tower started moving back to spawn and I fell into the ocean

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Getting pushed off the map when I start my Bubbler
Falling through the grates on Bluefin right after repawning thinking ''I can make that jump!!''
Sometimes I see the Inkstrike target and I say '''I'm not too much in the radius, I'll just take some damage and l'll be fine!''
When I super jump right into a bomb, or an Inkstrike. Or a Killer Wail.
I throw my Disruptor, just to throw another one and when the enemy is slowed I charge at them... with my now empty Zink Mini Splatling.
I got splatted

Breademic

Senior Squid
NNID
Breademic
Getting pushed off the map when I start my Bubbler]
I just recently discovered that I can do this. lol
I'd always try to run immediately when someone activates a bubbler, but now I figured I can use my gun's range to my advantage and I can usually push bubblers away. On Bluefin Dept, I even pushed someone into the water lol

Quicksilvr

Inkling
NNID
Felderfox
Seekers, bombs, ect. that your opponent throws right before dying resulting in you getting splatted.

Award

which is crazy because I generally enjoy the stage on all modes... haha
I guess it is easily one of the most hazardous, though.
I think the problems on Depot stem from the fact that the layout requires more teamwork than most maps except Kelp Dome. And far too many players don't understand the map and don't understand how to play as a team, so you end up with overaggressive teams that get themselves killed, and then you get flanked. The problem that makes Depot trouble though is all those ledges and water gaps - when you start having to get desperate you start making stupid decisions near places that are too easy to fall from.

That and that first jump! The jump from spawn, and the jump from the upper base to the lower pits. SOOO many times I try that speed jump in squid form for a bold and daring move. And SOOO many times I boldly, daringly fall into the water. (And I watch my lv12 noob NOT make that stupid mistake!) :p

Ahhh! Even without lag, sometimes when the tower is moving forward and I'm swimming up the wall of it, since its going away from me I fall down to my death! hahaha. This happens on Bluefin mostly. CURSE YOU BLUEFIN jk i love you
See, I told you Bluefin was trouble! ;)

I just recently discovered that I can do this. lol
I'd always try to run immediately when someone activates a bubbler, but now I figured I can use my gun's range to my advantage and I can usually push bubblers away. On Bluefin Dept, I even pushed someone into the water lol
Just be sure the bubbler you're trying to outrange isn't a CHydra. That won't end well. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom