• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Xenoblade / XCX social thread

NNID DubaloSeven

Inkster Jr.
So, this is going to be bad saying this on the SquidBoards but I am more hyped for Xenoblade X than any other game, even Splatoon, Star Fox, or Zelda Wii U. It is simply the type of game that I have been waiting years for, even before it was announced I have been needing a game like this, and now it's finally releasing this year. Already on my list of favorite games of all time and I haven't even played it yet.

I know that there wasn't much shown in this recent showcase, but I still enjoyed it none the less.
Same here. Splatoon is high on my list, but Xenoblade was my hands down favorite game of last gen, so between that and all the crazy new stuff coming to this game I don't think it would be possible for another game to be more exciting to me. Sorry Splatoon ;_;

Literally my only complaint with the game is NoA butchering the localization. Skells? Tots? Seriously guys?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Not a bad direct at all. Was expecting it to be terrible but It actually impressed me.

I'm sold on this game.

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
There were rumors saying that the game is coming to the west at late May.
That's not going to happen.
They don't even know the names for classes! It was confirmed in January that localization was "well under way"... What the hell have they been doing in that time?!

I just want to play the game....
Now the game is out in some countries, it's being streamed, and now we have to dodge any and all spoilers for who knows how long! They could have at least given us a release window....
First Zelda Wii U, now this.... I was going to use X as a way to tide myself over this year... But now it seems like we will be lucky to get this in November....
*heads back off into my cave of despair and misery*

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
They don't even know the names for classes! It was confirmed in January that localization was "well under way"... What the hell have they been doing in that time?!

Now the game is out in some countries, it's being streamed, and now we have to dodge any and all spoilers for who knows how long! They could have at least given us a release window....
First Zelda Wii U, now this.... I was going to use X as a way to tide myself over this year... But now it seems like we will be lucky to get this in November....
Yeah, I know it is really annoying that the english localization is taking a long time, but I feel that it will be worth it. I know I won't be able to dodge any info about the japanese version of Xenoblade X, because I'm just in love with this game. I guess that over the years I have learned to wait for JRPGs to get localized. However, I don't think that this will be a November title, that is probably Star Fox Wii U's time slot. I think it will be in the Fall, like in September or October. I was hoping for July before but it looks like they aren't at that stage yet.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
While the direct was rather short, I'm still very excited for xenoblade chronicles x

I'm actually playing through xenoblade chronicles for the first time right now. I'm like 60 hours in, and Barely halfway through the main story.
Such a Good game!!!

mario123007

Pro Squid

Will you be surprised that the game will be leaked in some areas? Like Taiwan?

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
Will you be surprised that the game will be leaked in some areas? Like Taiwan?
I know the game is already leaked. I am not happy with that either, as I haven't had time to prepare myself to brace for Spoilers..... I am having an extremely rough time avoiding spoilers.... This just is bad.... Ganondorf is sad :'(

Oni

Full Squid
Ugh. Avoiding spoilers will be torture. The first had such a great story and im expecting big things. I tryed to stay away from smash news and became hooked. Its going to be so hard to avoid all the crazy plot twists. Ill still try though.

mario123007

Pro Squid
I know the game is already leaked. I am not happy with that either, as I haven't had time to prepare myself to brace for Spoilers..... I am having an extremely rough time avoiding spoilers.... This just is bad.... Ganondorf is sad :'(
Well, I might take a few peek.
Ugh. Avoiding spoilers will be torture. The first had such a great story and im expecting big things. I tryed to stay away from smash news and became hooked. Its going to be so hard to avoid all the crazy plot twists. Ill still try though.
Don't worry, the game is gonna take months to finish the entire story.

Mithical1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mithrandir37
Hey everyone, I've never played or been interested in Xenoblade but after seeing the direct and other footage I am suddenly really hyped for the new one. Basically, I just think that the world looks MASSIVE and I just want to explore it to see all the cool landscapes and creatures. How is the actual gameplay of the previous games and what is your favorite and least favorite thing about the games?

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Hey everyone, I've never played or been interested in Xenoblade but after seeing the direct and other footage I am suddenly really hyped for the new one. Basically, I just think that the world looks MASSIVE and I just want to explore it to see all the cool landscapes and creatures. How is the actual gameplay of the previous games and what is your favorite and least favorite thing about the games?
I would have to say the characters and story are really engaging. Also, the freedom to go where you want and customize your characters was really good, but it's amplified in this new game. The amount of customization and new options for exploration in Xenoblade X is just a level up and above the original game.

In terms of the battle system, it is pretty similar to the first game. It looks very overwhelming when you first look at it, but the game is just giving you a lot of information. It's fairly simple to play in practice, it's the mastery of the information you get and putting that into strategies to beat your enemies that makes it fun, like any good RPG.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
So, is anyone going to watch any of the footage that is going to flood the internet today when the japanese version of the game is in people's hands? Yes, I know about the Hong Kong retailers breaking the street date, but I am just saying that there will be more people today streaming and recording videos of the game very soon.

I have tried to resist but my hype is just too high, I need to watch some more footage or I will explode like an ink grenade.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Has anyone watched the xenoblade twitch gameplay by gamexplain that is like 6 hours long?
The amount of customization you have on your avatar is amazing...T_T
edit: i know we dont know when its coming out but hopefully i can get this day 1 its just too beautiful

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Has anyone watched the xenoblade twitch gameplay by gamexplain that is like 6 hours long?
The amount of customization you have on your avatar is amazing...T_T
edit: i know we dont know when its coming out but hopefully i can get this day 1 its just too beautiful
I have been watching ALL the recorded streams... even bits and pieces of this really really long one that has 14 hour chunks of video... I already saw a spoiler about the story so I don't want to watch any more. But, I'm just addicted to watching the gameplay of it! Just want the game right now. Come on with that localization, Nintendo!!

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm playing the game right now... and it's really good so far.

People weren't kidding when they said there are a lot of cutscenes in this game. Honestly, I enjoyed it.

The world is ridiculously huge. Like really huge, and you can travel to any of the other continents if you'd like.

The story is really interesting. I suspect there's more to it.

The soundtracks are all really varied and unique to every area. IMO the soundtrack is overall better than Xenoblade.

Dialogues are really long winded. It's unnecessarily long, but I don't mind it.

The RPG elements in the game seems like a step up from the last one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom