• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Xenoblade / XCX social thread

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Here's an update.

I've advanced the story and all I can say is I did not see that coming.

The Skells are so fun to use. You really feel op when you fight lower leveled monsters but still struggle when fighting monsters with levels slightly under you.

The soundtrack is still great as stated before.

When you want to face an enemy who's a couple levels higher than you the Overclock Gear is really important.

Bought some really cool armour for my party members.

The one gripe I have against the game is to advance the story you have to do a lot of sidequests.The simple missions are really simple most of them are just fetch quests. The bond missions are really good though. Just as good as the original.

If you got any questions for me just ask.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Here's an update.

The Skells are so fun to use. You really feel op when you fight lower leveled monsters but still struggle when fighting monsters with levels slightly under you.

When you want to face an enemy who's a couple levels higher than you the Overclock Gear is really important.

The one gripe I have against the game is to advance the story you have to do a lot of sidequests.The simple missions are really simple most of them are just fetch quests. The bond missions are really good though. Just as good as the original.

What is the farthest continent you have gotten to?

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Nice, I have only watched gameplay of Primordia, Noctilum, and Oblivia. The music is greatness. I have a feeling I will love this game so much. If you stream gameplay or put out videos of the game, I would definitely watch you, @Trieste Sp

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Nice, I have only watched gameplay of Primordia, Noctilum, and Oblivia. The music is greatness. I have a feeling I will love this game so much. If you stream gameplay or put out videos of the game, I would definitely watch you, @Trieste Sp
Yeah, IMO the soundtrack is better overall than the original.

I doubt it. I don't stream or have a setup to record videos. Plus, my internet is terrible.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Oh, that's alright, just hearing about details is good enough for me. I have a question: have you played either Phantasy Star Online or the Xenosaga trilogy? I get a very strong and distinct feeling of those games (and the original Xenoblade) in XCX. To me, this is only a good thing.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Oh, that's alright, just hearing about details is good enough for me. I have a question: have you played either Phantasy Star Online or the Xenosaga trilogy? I get a very strong and distinct feeling of those games (and the original Xenoblade) in XCX. To me, this is only a good thing.
No unfortunately. But I heard from the people who have played those games, they do feel very similar.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Hopefully we get more details on the localized release of the game at E3. Also, could you imagine a Metroid game that borrowed ideas from Xenoblade X? I would instantly love it if they used similar alien/creature designs or even world designs for Samus to explore. Nintendo could even make planet Mira referenced in a Metroid game as a tribute to XCX.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hopefully we get more details on the localized release of the game at E3. Also, could you imagine a Metroid game that borrowed ideas from Xenoblade X? I would instantly love it if they used similar alien/creature designs or even world designs for Samus to explore. Nintendo could even make planet Mira referenced in a Metroid game as a tribute to XCX.
That's a pretty cool idea.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Last update from me.

If you guys were worried about the story not being as good as the original. All I can say is wait and see. ;)

Endgame stuff is 'plentiful'.

:scared: < My face when it get's good.

That's all from me folks. Now all you have to do is just wait for the game to come out in your regions. :p

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
but i don't wanna wait i want it now
Yeah, I am considering importing a Japanese Wii U and the Xenoblade X to play it. Of course, I never get a piece of hardware for just one piece of software. So I would need to think of other Japanese Wii U titles that are exclusive or come out first in Japan that I would like to get. So far, there is only one other game for Wii U that I am looking to get early and that's SMT x FE. I'll probably just wait for Nintendo to localize XCX to the West.

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
Here's an update.

Ahhhhhhh Jealousy is swarming me and I just want this to come out!!
AH, I do have a question, how's the main characters in XCX? How many? Is their story interesting? No spoilers tho, faint hint is okay.

CinnaDonut

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SerFiora
Finally, the thread I've been looking for all this time

Xenoblade Chronicles is my favorite game Ever. The story is really good and the world is so massive. The music is perfect throughout most of the game too, Gaur Plains being my favorite song. The soundtrack also works really well due to the ones they play during cutscenes.
During the scene at Prison Island when the Emperor dies, the song that played was Perfect. It was an emotional song for an emotional time in the story. That cutscene paired with that song made me tear up, and I've never had a game do that to me before
I do think quite a lot of the dialogue was dragged out, but I didn't find it bad. The only part I did find annoying each time was whenever you wanted to do the "final battle" and they'd replay Dunban's speech scene

I'm SO hyped for Xenoblade X though. Already pre-ordered the special edition :cool: I am kinda bummed that the main protagonist won't talk, but I don't mind too much either. I think it's pretty cool that I can make myself the star of my own journey. Like, who doesn't want to kill monsters and be a mech pilot?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Finally, the thread I've been looking for all this time

Xenoblade Chronicles is my favorite game Ever. The story is really good and the world is so massive. The music is perfect throughout most of the game too, Gaur Plains being my favorite song. The soundtrack also works really well due to the ones they play during cutscenes.
During the scene at Prison Island when the Emperor dies, the song that played was Perfect. It was an emotional song for an emotional time in the story. That cutscene paired with that song made me tear up, and I've never had a game do that to me before
I do think quite a lot of the dialogue was dragged out, but I didn't find it bad. The only part I did find annoying each time was whenever you wanted to do the "final battle" and they'd replay Dunban's speech scene

I'm SO hyped for Xenoblade X though. Already pre-ordered the special edition :cool: I am kinda bummed that the main protagonist won't talk, but I don't mind too much either. I think it's pretty cool that I can make myself the star of my own journey. Like, who doesn't want to kill monsters and be a mech pilot?
Finally, someone posted here. You don't know how long I've waited for this.

Personally, I thought the original Xenoblade was the best JRPG that I've ever played. But then I played XCX to completion.

It was...overall a better game but the story wasn't as good as the original. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing but it wasn't as good as the original.

CinnaDonut

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SerFiora
Finally, someone posted here. You don't know how long I've waited for this.

Personally, I thought the original Xenoblade was the best JRPG that I've ever played. But then I played XCX to completion.

It was...overall a better game but the story wasn't as good as the original. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing but it wasn't as good as the original.
Have you played through the Japanese XCX already? I will admit... I spoiled a certain part of the game for myself already... but I don't regret it :rolleyes:

CinnaDonut

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SerFiora
Man, you're so lucky :oops: I wanted to play the Japanese one but I don't have a Japanese console, also I just preferred to wait until I was able to actually read what was going on
I figured the story wouldn't be as good as the original, because sci-fi. I've seen my fair share in the sci-fi genre. But the gameplay still looks lovely to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom