• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Jenizen

Inkling
NNID
shadowschwa413
Rainmaker, I'm using the Splat Roller, and the enemy team is approaching the pedestal. I realize that I have my special ready, and a teammate is near the pedestal as well - so I super jump, Splashdown... and wipe the enemy team in one go.

Sadly we lost anyway, but still!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Recently i picked up the heavy splatling again, as it was my main in Splatoon 1, but i was so unbelievably rusty with it about a week ago that i was discouraged from playing it. But i played it last night and this morning to try and see if im any good with it, and sure enough, i managed to dominate. It was such a great feeling, totally reminded me why i used to main the thing. I was jumping from high ground with a complete charge and shredding squids who were below, clearing out entire sections of the map, I even managed to get multiple splats with the STING RAY, and just all around had good games with it. It was like being reunited with an old friend. :')

Savage

Inkster Jr.
NNID
coolSean
Switch Friend Code
SW-2155-3339-9509
Rainmaker on Musselforge. After coming back from a loss, my team rushes the pedestal. 3 go the same way and get splatted while I flanked with the ink rail. I use my baller (was using .52 Gal) and go between all of them and get a team wipe. I pop the bubble and put the RM on the pedestal.

I cried that day.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
My personal freshest moment in Splatoon 2 so far has been after I regained my baby, the Splash o Matic. It was like I never left it! Movement was amazing with it. Anyways, I went on ranked for a bit because I was ready to be tilted, and I broke my record of 23 kills with 24!

Splash o Matic represent!
Got mine last night! Was a hard road. Told myself as soon as I hit 25 I was done for the day.. Wound up playing for like 2 more hours lol:)

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
My moment was nothing special, but it felt pretty cool. Happened in Salmon Run last week. We were on the map with the elevators, and were in the low-tide wave. Was in the last 13 seconds, and the only one alive, so I decided to book it to safety (we already met the egg quota). I noticed my teammates were all together, and slightly out of harms way, so I went for them. Jumped of the edge of the upper level and did a vertical fling with my roller to revival all of them in one hit just as the match ended. They were lined up in a row, so it hit perfectly, so that felt pretty nice.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I was getting seabagged by some scumbag in Splat Zones Humpback Pumptrack, but while he was doing so he got splatted by my Autobomb i threw beforehand. I never got to revenge seabag him, but i guess actually winning the match was good enough revenge. ;)

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
I have to update my freshest moment after tonight,

I Jump threw a bomb into the Flyfish's wing, from Behind!

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
Ooh I have a couple!

Winning by .1% recently definitely felt good! Nailbiter rounds are a lot more fun than knockout rounds for me.

Also, I had been struggling in Salmon Run for a bit (got sent all the way back to apprentice :() then played a lot more & went all the way up to profreshional!! (One round we had a crew wipe immediately after the wave ended so we were still successful. Very anxiety-inducing but also pretty darn cool)

& one of my funniest moments was when I was in rainmaker & a teammate & I were standing on a platform, taking out the other team's members, when 1 of them SWAM UP THE WALL & SURPRISED US. I was splatted in 1 hit & my teammate was so startled they fell off the platform & into. abyss I suppose. Gotta love Moray Towers rainmaker

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
My funniest moment was probably when I splatted an opponent with an empty Ink Brush.

It was on Moray Towers about a week or so ago. I was still getting back into the game after a pretty long absence, so I was still making some pretty amateur mistakes. I used all my ink to chase an opponent down through their own ink, but I was so caught up in the rush that I didn't realise my tank was empty. I stood there, mashing ZR, until the guy died from scratch damage. He never made any effort to stop me either; I don't know if he got distracted IRL or if he was just bewildered by the stupidity of my actions, but either way I guess it paid off.

My finest moment so far was probably taking down a Flyfish in Salmon Run by jump-throwing a bomb into its launcher right before it closed. As in, a fraction of a second later would have been too late. Considering that I struggle with jump throws to begin with, it felt pretty amazing.

There was also the time that I rescued a teammate just in time for them to deliver the last Golden Egg we needed. Our egg counter hit 11 the exact second that the countdown hit zero. That was pretty good.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
my greatest moment was when I got a full wipe with the L-3 on tc in moray

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
He never made any effort to stop me either; I don't know if he got distracted IRL or if he was just bewildered by the stupidity of my actions, but either way I guess it paid off.
Whenever this kind of thing happens to me, I question if my opponent genuinely felt bad about the stupid mistake I made and let me get the splat out of sheer pity.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!
I hit Superfresh with my babies, Hero Splatling Replica and Herobrush Replica and I couldn't be more elated! It's crazy to believe I picked up the Octobrush all the way back in Splatoon 1 because I watched a montage of the Octobrush on a small channel called Vorend Voteri I think, and then it became arguably my best weapon. Getting Superfresh with my Hero Splatling also gave me the confidence I needed to keep using the Splatlings. For a while I was doubting if it was really my weapon type and if I should just drop it, but I'm SO glad that isn't the case at all. Getting the hero replicas AND superfresh on those replicas just feel like amazing milestones to reach, like can say you ARE well versed in this weapon, this is YOUR weapon.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
Oh, I just remembered another funny moment from Splat 1.

A couple of my friends & I decided to play some turf war & during 1 battle in Port Mackerel we started a squid party. We got everyone except 1 person on the opposite team to join. We moved our party right in the center of the map & then that 1 guy who didn't join LANDED AN INKSTRIKE ON ALL OF US.

So in the next round my friend tried writing "F U Trevor" (that person's name was Trevor) in ink - it didn't really work though. It was pretty darn funny, though

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Won a 3v4 just nowA first in either 1 or 2:) Apparently the player who disconnects gets the 1000 bonus too:P

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Couple days ago: Antisniper Initiative kicked back in, took out the one on the other guys' team just like old times. Next round she was on our side and I saw why it was so easy - new charger main with training wheels. She was getting hassled the same way by an opponent when I came around a corner on Port, so I just took them out and moved on. Got a booyah.

Today: Successfully remembered to dualie-dodge at the right times while guarding one of our jump rings and took out not only the roller coming at us but also the guy trying to jump to them immediately after. Teamwide booyah moment.
Dodged around another guy who hadn't mastered his yet, got him and earned his personal attention for the rest of that match =p

I feel like I'm getting the hang of how to turf pacifist-style in this game now, which raises my personal morale a lot. Getting splatted less even if I'm not performing regular opponent-stompings, and working as decent team support, so I'm happy with how I'm doing :)

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
A few days ago I managed to carry the Rainmaker through Moray Towers using all ink rails alone, and some enemies were shooting at me and failing, that gave us the advantage we needed to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom