ZA: Camp Triggerfish [RP is closed, go to "Back to School!"]

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia shakes her head "Well, I assumed the lake was obvious... Viola's smart enough to not blunder into it... I was referring more to wildlife, the potential for poisonous fauna, or dangerous terrain of some kind. I admit, I don't know much about this place outside of the Turf War zone..."

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Soon, Viola would see some figures in the distance. "Who are those?" She asked, spotting Lucas, Lydia, and Mrs. Rockenwinder. "Wh-What are they doing out here? Did they follow me?!" She hid back behind a tree. "Ugh. Stupid! I must have worried them." She sighed before getting ready to greet them.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Serious?" Terence replied curiously. "You got kicked out of your old school... by just being talkative?" He shook his head.

He ate one of the many pancakes stacked on his plate, and took a drink of orange juice. "But who's Mimosa? Like... I know she's your sister. And who's Bourbon, they are her friend right? Are they your friend as well?" Terence asked, looking at him curiously.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Oh I see now. Yeah, it must be nice to live in a quiet and peaceful environment. Though, don't you feel....I dunno....lonely if you're this far from society...?" Chaos asked Deniz with a uncomfortable feeling on him.

@Aykorn

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((@Chaos_Knight ))

Deniz quirked their mouth slightly. "Well... I'm down in Inkopolis most of the time. Y'know. Ink Battling," they said like it was almost given.

Deniz brushed their loose tentacle out of thier face before continuing. "...Though I guess I'm kind of bad at staying informed with my friends. And checking texts. And then responding." They peered away like they were guilty before returning to the topic. "I mean, I live with a guardian so ...it isn't that lonely? I'm not always up for social interaction, but being lonely and being alone... Well, sometimes, I like being alone."

They tilted their head and looked at Chaos, like they were curious. "Y'know?"

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"I suppose.... I mean, I actually live alone in an apartment back in Inkopolis though it is nice and big. And I do enjoy the peacefulness of being in my own property." He tilts his head down. "Though sometimes I hate being alone. It makes me think of past which was...." He clears his throat. "...heart-breaking."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Deniz ducked into the high collar of their jacket, squinting and shifting their eyes around like they were contemplating what to say. Finally, they scoffed.

"That sounds... dramatic? " they questioned rather than stated. Deniz then looked down with a genuinely thoughtful expression.

"It is," Deniz said. "Easier... to think about sad things when you're alone." They blinked, angling their head away. "I guess... that's why even awkward squids like me try to make friends."

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
"Well, we'll be your friends, Deniz!" Vivi smiles as she goes by their side and puts her hand on their shoulder. "Take your time to open up, not going to force you. Just enjoying the rest of the camp month with fun! You'll be pals with the rest of the gang in no time!" She gives a wink. "And hey! If we ever go back to Inkopolis, remind me to treat you to some pizza. All on me!"

@Aykorn

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"I do like me some pizza..." Chaos's phone buzzed again and he takes it out to check what's happening now. "Speaking of pizza..." He turns the screen to Vivi and Deniz to show that the next Splatfest theme is Burgers vs Pizza. "Welp, I'm on Team Pizza."

@Aykorn
@ChibiDubtalia

Airmure

Senior Squid
"It's uh, ah..." Ras rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. He didn't want to tell the truth, but what Terence suggested was right either.

"Um, anyways, Mimosa is quite the individual. She's interesting per say in terms of her dialect, and everything about her. Nothing bothers her which is really annoying when she ruins my stuff and waves it off like it's not a big deal. I can't count how many times I had to buy new clothes because of her."

His phone buzzed again and he sighed before checking it. "And Bourbon! He is extraordinarily sweet and patient. Plus he's a real charmer too. I would have loved to talk to him more, but that was cut short by getting kicked out."

@Rustic

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@ChibiDubtalia @Chaos_Knight

"Oh! Huh, wow I might go Pizza too," Deniz absently responded, before blinking and motioning for Vivi to not worry. "Please! I'm not like, sitting here because I'm trying to be antisocial, I just figured I wasn't part of the academy." They gave a small smile, "not that I'm any less awkward once you get to know me."

They subtly tried to dip their shoulder to remove Vivi's hand, freeing their arm to point to themselves.

"I didn't mean to mislead you, but, I'm... not a camper." Deniz explained. "It's more like, I can kind of roam around the camp? And show up and leave when I like.... because... of my grandmother? And other family and whatnot."

They blinked a few times, before hesitantly saying. "I mean, I don't usually stick around, but I could?"

Rustic

Inkling Commander
((Well I meant forgotten... But yeah, sorry about the delay.))
(@Airmure)

"Oh... That's too bad then, I was hoping you'd talk about them" Terence said, frowning a litte. "Well... I suppose that wasn't too unexpected."

Terence looked around the room, seeing Chaos and Vivi crowded around an Inkling, he looked around further and spotted Vincent just sitting around eating, looking content with life. Then he looked back at Ras. "Soo..." Terence trailed off. "I dunno."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Lydia @TACarbuncle
Ms. Rockenwinder tucked her whistle back into shirt. "Ha! I don't know what you expect from a summer camp," she gruffly responded. "Ya might have to watch for stinging sea nettle plants, but the meanest forest fish we got stay away if food is kept out of reach! Nothing ever touches the campground, that's for sure."

She gave a small chuckle. "The farther out you go, the less trodden down the trails get, but I'm sure you students won't go anywhere Jordan couldn't have gone with his lack of limbs. "

Ms. Rockenwinder leaned forward, and hmm'd. "See that? I think you're friend is coming back on her own. No need for a search party!"

((Now, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're trying to find out more about off-camp so you can describe/react to it. If there's ever a situation where you go and are unsure of the setting, tag a GM and we'll give you some description to go off of. For the most part, we can give you a general setting, you can add details where it doesn't mess with the scheme we're trying to create.))

--
Deniz bridged their fingers hesitantly. "You know... I'm being presumptuous. I mean, I can invite myself here when I want. I don't know why... why I'd ask." They glanced at the ceiling for a moment, before swiping their Takoroka mesh cap and putting it back on.

"Well, I did have some things I wished to accomplish," Deniz said with a clap. They pulled the rolled up piece of paper out of their jacket, and stood up.

@Chaos_Knight @ChibiDubtalia

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Chaos_Knight

Deniz blinked, glancing to their scroll, then back to Chaos.

"I intended to do some weapon repair while I was still around camp. Er, more like completely put it back together again..." Deniz sheepishly chuckled. "So you know, take advantage of the workshop while I'm here."

"I'm a bit of weapons junkie," they explained, "so this is just a small favor I can do well for a friend."

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia slowly nods as she listens to Ms. Rockenwinder's description of the outer areas. "We were discussing the possibility of hiking, so I'm just trying to prepare myself however I can. Thank you, M'am." she says, bowing to her.

Then the nearby rustling was heard and caught the crustation's attention. Lydia blinks in surprise and glances over, hearing Ms. Rockenwinder assume it's Viola. Lydia lets out a small sigh of relief and nods "Glad to see she's okay..."

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Huh, that's interesting because we have a friend that's kinda a weapons nerd too." Chaos motioned towards the door. "Actually she's the one that just ran out, the lime green girl. Her name is Lydia, and I think you two would be good buddies."

@Aykorn

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola let out a deep sigh before coming out of hiding. "H-Hey guys.....Sorry about what just happened. I overreacted there." She said, trying to hide her embarrassment, despite it being clear through her pale hair. "Let's head back, though. I still need to finish my pancakes!" She gave a sheepish smile as she walked up.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@ChaosKnight
"Yeah?" Deniz's expression looked ecstatic. "I should talk to them maybe. Yes, I'll do that!" they said excitedly, swinging out their arms.
With the slip of their hand, Deniz's scroll accidentally fell to the floor, rolling under the tables.

Deniz cringed at the drop, scrambling to get follow it. "Could.. could someone grab that?"

@Plutoniumcube
---

Jordan sat behind the main office desk of Camp Triggerfish, making small etches on a multitude of maps. He looked tired, chewing on their pencil eraser with a cup of coffee sitting on the desk next to him. Zarqa, his clown fish, peeked out from his green anemone hair, then suddenly grabbed his face with her fins.

With a sputter of surprise, Jordan asked, "What I'd miss?!" as the small fish pointed his face towards the front doors.

"We have new students arriving for the school trip," Zarqa answered sharply, as a bus pulled up.

Without a moment to spare, Jordan stood up and stretched, putting on a wide grin to greet the new students. He briefly checked an attendance list, before dashing outside to greet them.

"Hey! Flash and Theo, right? Welcome to Camp Triggerfish! I'm one of the counselors and cabin leaders, Jordan," He let his clownfish rest on his hand before introducing her, "and this is Zarqa."

"We'll do our best to make you feel welcome on this month-long trip, because that's my job," Jordan sarcastically added, "so if you have any questions, shoot!"

((@InkAmerica @mosse Hey, if you guys are wondering about GM characters or setting that would be "observable", tag a GM and we'll give you some description. Help ya catch up.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom