• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Zapfish Academy: A Casual RP!

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Fortuna looks at her fellow classmates and saw one on the wall, sticking there. She thought about that, but decided to go above. Inking the roof, she decides to ink the bottom, hoping that she could throw her assailant off. Finally, she jumped off and began one more thought. I could hide on the walls, just like him, and the ink on the roof will probably throw him off...no. Looks like the corners of the arena will help. She began to sling ink around the arena, thinking it would help. Finally, the splotches of her ink seems to be scattered. She nests near the back corner of the arena.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Well, it appears that the green Inkling is still counting. Hyacinth honestly thought he was going to count faster. Though it's definitely more advantageous for anyone that hasn't found a hiding spot yet. But this would mean she would have to wait a little longer.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Forge narrowed his eyes at Yin showing up late to class. Another one? Where are these kids coming from? He thought while giving Yin a blank look.

Sighing, he merely told the black Inkling, "
Just go change and join everyone else. They're playing a game of tag using weapons. You get a bucket as punishment for being late. Now don't dwindle, go!"
@Yin_

(@Zawlt Once everyone posts, you can skip the countdown process.)

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Yin looks over at the sloshes with a thoughtful glance. "Well I can make this work"He says. Yin grabs one of the top and starts to look at it from all angles. "Hmmm...yes probobly one of the older moddles...but maybe... "He fiddled with it a little bit and then smiles. "Alright there we go!" He dashes off and stars to ink the ground around him, making paths to other dots. After a little bit of time, he has made a circle in the middle with paths leading to 8 other smaller circles all connected. Yin sits in squid form circling in case someone else comes.

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Forge watched the kid go, slightly grimacing as he realized that the boy hadn't changed into his gym uniform. He appreciated his enthusiasm despite his truancy. Although he'd likely smell bad after the class, at least Forge wouldn't have to deal with it.

Still there, Terence noticed that some of the kids were inking the walls of the plastic barriers, possibly to climb up them. The thought of climbing up the walls tempted him, but he lamented the fact that sticking onto walls was tiring, at least for him. So he just went back to slowly and carefully pacing up and down his trail.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
"Seven," Zawlt said as he continued his countdown. Around this time he was trying to figure out who to go after first. He had so many options and possibilities to catch just about anyone off-guard.

@TACarbuncle @Zerul @Devack (Tagging them since they're the last ones to post before this can begin)

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
Sil by this point had been running, trying to not only get some distance, but to put whatever obstacles he could between himself and the Inkling who was "it". Once he felt he was far enough, he began inking the floor and walls, creating a space large enough to not only hide, but to move if needed.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
[Yeah. Sorry about that. Been busy lately, dealing with some health issues.]

"Alright...." Viola said, quickly trying to move away from Zawlt so she wasn't an instant target for him, her Gal at the ready to speed her along.

@Zawlt

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul stands ready. he would like to have his armor kit. but Forge very much disliked him using it.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Around this time, Zawlt had just called out nine. After that he slowly pressed his blaster at an angle to the ground for a tactic he learned from his cousin, Eirese. Zawlt then opened his eyes, "TEN!" he shouted as he pulled the trigger of his weapon. Because of how it was angled the ground impact sent him flying above and forward so he could see what he was dealing with. He saw many different colors, and yet certain ones were in focused areas of the gym floor and walls. He then shot the ground to give himself a place to stand within the mess.

When he landed he held his blaster in a standard firing position, "I imagine most of you would go camp in a corner somewhere," he said turning his eyes to the corner to his right, "let's see if I'm right." With that said he made a quick turn to the corner and shot left, then right around it potentially trapping any poor soul who was sitting there. He then took his aim to the center of the corner, "Good night," he said as he then fired directly in the corner.

@MacSmitty @Devack @Rustic @TACarbuncle @Yin_ @YarnDrawcia @IcySetsuna @Coerulus @Zerul

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Hyacinth had grown completely still when she heard the olive-colored boy finish counting. In fact, she almost completely stopped breathing, though it was more of trying to take in only enough oxygen. She mentally tensed up when the seeker had approached her corner.

When he began firing down, she shifted out of her squid form and tried to run away. However, Hyacinth reacted too late. The ink had hit her, which was enough to splat her. Her glowing spirit could be seen floating away, likely to wherever she will respawn at.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola let out a yelp at the sudden launch, tossing a seeker down and following it away from where she had hid, popping up to spray everywhere before hopping to another spot, hoping the other splotches she left may confuse her pursuer.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul hears the start of the match and quickly darts around the arena sticking to cover as much as he could. He was conserving ink putting it only in potential ambush locations and where he could hide in. He was keeping an eye on the fight looking for people to ambush while keeping his blind spots to a minium.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
((Aww, I couldn't implent my idea properly with out the tag match prematurely starting. Oh well. @Zawlt @YarnDrawcia @Devack @Rustic @Yin_ @TACarbuncle @Zerul @IcySetsuna @Coerulus))

((I probably should've posted in the OOC thread, but there are some rules regarding extreme tag. You gotta do your actions the same way they're done in Missing and Octo Lab. If you haven't seen those RP's, lemme give you an example.
Zale readied himself as he prepared to swing at the creature's robotic head, charging the creature as it hung onto the top of the tower, tapping One Eye on the shoulder to keep him from engaging the creature. He ran at the creature, dodging its attacks as it retaliated.

Chance to hit: 68%
4/5 rolls managed to hit.
Success!
Creature's HP 44/50
75% left in his OOPA
Since this is just a game of tag, there's no extra factors in determining your hits or HP, but you'll have to watch your ink when using your weapons to tag or avoid being tagged.
Actions can be one of the following:
Attack using Main Weapon
Attack using Sub Weapon
Run
Ink Walls/Area
I'll provide more details when I'm near a computer again, but direct your questions to Rustic or myself in the OOC Thread.))

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
Sil heard someone get splatted, and began to run, using the ink he had spread earlier to move faster in his squid form.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
[OOC: So, do we use this new system or keep going like we were?]

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
(Sorry for the delay on my end, everyone, life hasn't been too kind lately with my time and I recently got a switch and splatoon 2 so I've been preoccupied. I haven't forgotten about this, just many other things needed to be done with the time I had)

The next thing Zawlt heard was a scream and seen a squid soul float off in the distance signaling he got a kill, "Let's try not to be so obvious, people, like that poor soul," Zawlt said while checking his ink tank. That little performance knocked out half of it leaving him with four shots at best or one burst bomb throw.

Zawlt then heard a familiar sound of a seeker being deployed behind him. He turned to its direction and momentarily saw Viola setting up markings to try to throw him off. He figured with her act she would make for an easy target, but then remembered what would happen if he were to scare her badly enough. With that thought in mind he decided to pretend he never saw her. He was wondering only one thing, "Now where would you be hiding at, Big Z." He scanned out the ground to find his color as he ran around shooting his last four shots. He then submerged himself in his own ink to refill his tank while slowly moving around to not reveal his position.

@MacSmitty @Devack @Rustic @TACarbuncle @Yin_ @YarnDrawcia @IcySetsuna @Coerulus @Zerul

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
Hearing the first scream of the game meant it was time to relocate. Peeking out momentarily to see where Zawlt was compared to his location, he still had some distance from him but know well it wouldn't take much for him to close in if he wasn't careful. Glancing around once more before going back into hiding, he started contemplating his next move. Lacking a proper defense for a quick escape like splash wall, he would have to rely on his mine placements more to provide a steady lead on Zawlt. 'Probably should've picked up the Slosher Deco for this one...' he thought in hindsight as he was thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom