• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: A Casual RP!

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs. "Fine. Splatter shot will be fine."

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He nodded as he went to go pick up his choice weapon before standing back on the platform as he waited for the others to get their weapons and decide on the one to be "it". Hopefully not me. I'm not like my daddy and chase like he can. He thought quietly to himself.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Forge glanced up at the clock in the gymnasium, squinting slightly to get a better view, "where is that girl? She hasn't even shown up yet," he mumbled, walking over to a switch on the wall near one of the entrances to the gym. He flipped it and stood there for a second, seemingly awkward, when a woman's voice came on through the intercom.

"Hi!"

"Hey, it's Forge. Do you know where Fortuna is, Ms. Smith? Says here on the attendance that she showed up for her first two classes," he asked, continuing on, "but she hasn't shown up here. I was hoping you'd call her down to class."

"Okay, we'll get right on that," she replied, turning off the intercom with a beep.

Forge walked away from the switch, clasping his hands together as he seemingly waited for something. Faintly, one could hear an announcement outside of the gym regarding the student to go to class. It seemed as though his request was granted and the office asked her to show up, and now all he had to do was wait for her to show up. If she even did that is.

@IcySetsuna

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola looked around at the other students as no one seemed to be willing to volunteer for being it. "I.... guess I could try..." She said, trying to end the stalemate.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Zawlt watched on as Forge left, then returned with their requested weapons, except for Zerul's. He walked over to the cart and grabbed his requested weapon. As he waited on everyone else he heard a fairly faint announcement from outside of the gym. Apparently they were short one person, but he didn't know who. As he walked away from the cart he just realized they were missing something, "Hey, Coach, what about some ink tanks?" Zawlt asked, "think it'd be pretty hard to keep shooting or whatever without them."

@Rustic

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Fortuna slowly wanders into the campus, her mind thinking about other things irrelevant at this time. "Zapfish Academy...what a quaint name..." Suddenly, her ears pick up the crackle of the intercom, as if her senses were heightened at that moment.

"Fortuna, please report to the gymnasium. I repeat, please report to the gymnasium."

"S-shoot..." As she hears this, Fortuna began to run, the sounds of her steps growing louder, and louder. Finally, she bursts into the door, and looks at the person whose name is Forge. Out of breath, she managed to get the words out of her mouth, "Are you Mr. Forge?"

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Ink tanks?" The Coach asked, looking at Gunoy funny before seeing his point, "right. I forgot about those things, because... eh, forget about what I was going to say."

Forge went back into the armory with the cart, hauling back several dozen ink tanks and a few Sloshers.

He took one out and handed it to the late arrival, "try not to be late next time, yes? And to answer your question: yes, I am 'Mr. Forge.' You can call me Coach though."

"And speaking of late arrivals, I'm fairly sure there's one more..." Forge grumbled, heading back to the switch on the wall. He flipped it once more and waited for the secretary to reply.

"Yes, Forge, what do you want?"

"I want you to call out another truant kid. It seems like they want to skip out on some fun and games," he added.

"Oh, I'm sure they don't want to do that," Ms. Smith replied, "but okay."

Soon after the same process happened, but this time it was for a person called Hyacinth. Wherever they were, they'll definitely come running now. Hopefully at least.

@IcySetsuna @Zawlt @YarnDrawcia

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Fortuna grabs the ink tank and walks out into the changing room, putting on her gym clothes and tank. 'You know, these clothes seem ok on me', she thought to herself.

Walking out she began to look around. She saw one kid with a Grim Range Blaster, a weapon she wishes to use but doesn't due to its... rather questionable paint applications. Calmly, she walks up to the kid with the blaster and asks, "Excuse me, but why do we have ink tanks and guns? Care to explain what is happening?"

@Coerulus

(edit reason- wrong person;whoops)

Last edited:

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Normally, Hyacinth wouldn't be late to any kind of class. The Inkling would always try to arrive on time, and generally try to be on her best behavior. After all, she'd hate to be in trouble, or be an inconvenience to any of the teachers in the classrooms.

Well, it seems that today she lost track of time.

More specifically, right after she had eaten her food during lunch period, she had gone off to the library to read. It was quiet, and plus it was basically a wonderland where Hyacinth can read fantasy works to her heart's content. There was one book in particular she was engrossed in. It had the right amount action, drama, and suspense, and the characters were very well-written. In fact, she didn't even hear the bell that indicated that it was time to leave, until her name was heard over the intercom.

"Ah no!" Hyacinth cried out, a bit too loudly for the library setting, but she clumsily put the book back on one of the bookshelves and ran off before anyone attending the room could scold her.

Upon arriving at the girls' locker room, she quickly put on her gym clothes that she took out of her locker, not caring that her shirt is on backwards, before running into the gymnasium.
"I'm sahrry I got late Mr. Forge!" Hyacinth said, with the fact that she was slightly upset at her own failure to show up on time causing her grammar to fail her.

@Rustic

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas grabbed an Ink Tank before strapping it on himself. Hearing some discussion about deciding who he would be it, he quickly objected.

"Ah come on guys! We decide who's it the tag way." He said rather cheerfully, before two late students abruptly showed up.

"
I'm sahrry I got late Mr. Forge!" Said a cyan female Inkling as she rushed out to join the others.

The Coach in question just sighed and rested his head on his face. "
Fine. But just don't make a habit out of it. Go to Lucas Brooklyn over there to get the general gist of what you're gonna do today." He told the student pointing at Lucas.

Lucas then turns to the newcomers and begins to explain what they're doing. "
Hello. We're playing extreme tag. We're gonna use our weapons to tag each other. You can use the sub-weapons and special weapons to tag someone. But first we gotta decide who's 'it'. And I know just how."

Closing his eyes and raising a finger, he began to speak a schoolyard chant while pointing at the other students. "
Starfish, Starfish, everybodies out except for you." Opening his, Lucas saw that his finger landed on Zawlt. "Ok Zawlt. Seems like you'll be it first. So you'll count to 10 while everyone else runs away." Lucas tells the green Inkling, eager to get started.

@Rustic @Zawlt @Devack @YarnDrawcia @IcySetsuna @TACarbuncle @Zerul @Coerulus

IcySetsuna

Inkling
"Wait, should I get my weapon as well? If so, I wonder, do you have some...well... Dualie Squelchers? I have been dying to get my hands on one, atleast a test drive," Fortuna said with a smile on her face. Yet, her eyes say something else. She hated running away. So, she asked, "Also, are we able to splat the person who is 'it'?"

@MacSmitty

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Tag? Hyacinth hadn't played such a game since...well, she couldn't remember. She never bothered playing it, or any other childhood games. Though she guessed that she had no choice of backing out of this and read at the bleachers, particularly since she already messed up in arriving tardy. And since it's extreme tag, the way this game will be carried out will likely be different, which has been confirmed when a turquoise colored Inkling brought up weapons.

"Tha' sounds good. Can I have a Splattahshot Juneer? Hyacinth asked, and realized she accidentally mispronounced a word. "I mean Junior."
She knew that Splattershot Jr. is a beginners' weapon, compared to the other Splattershot variants, but it was the only weapon the girl was familiar with . Fortunately, it's good for inking and is capable of splatting.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
(For future reference, Setsuna, I'm the one with the blaster)

Zawlt then caught eyes of their late classmate, and then another soon after. Before he could explain the situation he was cut off my Forge and Lucas with his roundabout way of deciding who would be it. "Oh really? The scary blaster guy gets to blast you guys first eh? In before I get some wicked collats, you've been warned," Zawlt said to Lucas and the group. With his warning out of the way he spun his blaster in the air, caught it, and rested it on the back of his neck, "One." he started counting signaling them to get as far away from him as possible.

@TACarbuncle @MacSmitty @Zerul @Rustic @IcySetsuna @YarnDrawcia @Coerulus @Devack

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@IcySetsuna @YarnDrawcia @Zawlt

Forge pointed to the cart full of Sloshers. An archaic, but weapon that was proven to be effective, even if it wasn't the most preferred of weapons for most players. It seemed as though he was pointing that those were the weapons that they were supposed to use, and there didn't seem to be any alternative solution. The storeroom was locked and shut, and Forge didn't seem inclined to open it up for them.

"Early squid gets the zapfish, I'm afraid," the coach simply told the two, "buckets for the both of you. Maybe next time you'd think twice about being late to my class." Forge pointed them to the cart once more, "you two had better hurry."

Terence quickly ran off, ignoring everyone else as he placed a squid beakon behind him as he left. The tall boy had to bend down slightly to properly use the small roller, placing yet another beakon in a corner before continuing on his way around the edge of the arena. If he could position himself properly with the appropriate amount of strength, he believed without a doubt he could super jump without slamming his head into the ceiling.

He stopped at the end of his trail, inking a small section for himself as he hid inside, swishing in his squid form around the puddle. He hoped that no one would mess up his trail, or worse follow him.

IcySetsuna

Inkling
A Slosher huh? I could work with this, thought Fortuna. Grabbing the bucket, she ran off, and covered only a bit of the turf in the arena. Perhaps hide on the walls. No, it's a burst damage weapon. Then, I guess the top.
But what arena are we in....

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
"Okey!"
Hyacinth took the Slosher without complaining. Well, it doesn't hurt to learn a new weapon, right? Though she hasn't seen it used too much, but from what she observed, wielders of such a thing seem to use it when getting close and personal with other Inklings. Was it built as a close combat weapon?

Not knowing where exactly to hide, Hyacinth took one of the corners of the area, thrown down some cyan/teal ink, and went into Squid form to conceal herself within it. It's been a long time since she tried anything like this, so she was surprised how she was able to hide in the ink like she wasn't even there. Though Hyacinth didn't realize that hiding at a corner will make it difficult for her to escape.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
Seeing that the game was on, he was quick to start inking, racing off pretty quick since the aerosprays were turf heavy weapons and he could easily cover his tracks and escape routes. Eventually getting himself into a niche, he set a ink mine down before moving a few paces away, inking around him to hide his placement. In a situation like this, he remembered from turf wars, would be ample reason to wear his favored zekko hoodie and the accompanying ninja squid.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Updated

(First post on a rp yay!)

Yin is chilling by his locker, reading a nice book, until he see the time. "Ooooooh carp." He throws the book into my locker and sprint off to the gym. The gym is on the other side of the academy, so he has to run as fast as possible. Eventually he crashes through the gym doors and land face first on the ground. He looks up to see people dashing around and forge standing right over him "Ummmm...hi?" he say nervously.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
(First post on a rp yay!)

I'm chilling by his locker, reading a nice book, until I see the time. "Ooooooh carp." I threw the book into my locker and sprint off to the gym. The gym is on the other side of the academy, so I have to run as fast as possible. Eventually I crash through the gym doors and land face first on the ground. I look up to see people dashing around and forge standing right over me. "Ummmm...hi?" I say nervously.
(Dude, you gotta type interactions in 3rd person, like everyone else.)

Lucas sighed. Apparently everyone was going in full tryhard mode for tag. He ran to the back of the arena in order to start thinking of ways to avoid getting tagged by Zawlt and the others. He then sprayed the wall with ink and squidded up to momentarily stay on the wall.

Hope this fools em for the time being. The sky blue Inkling boy thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom