• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: A Casual RP!

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
As Lucas sat down, he wondered what they we're going to do in gym, and what was holding up the others.

"Maybe Jojo got held up in the locker room..." He said lowly. "I wonder where Coerulus is..."

Hearing Zawlt snickering at him, he turned to the boy with a slight frown, wondering what he was laughing at.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
[...still being lost to this world...halp]

After the bell rung for gym, he gathered his things and began heading off for the boys' changing room. Putting his things into his locker, he grabbed his gym clothes and changed into them with a soft hum as he thought of what they would be doing for class this time around. Hopefully not laps, he thought to himself as he finished changing into the school issued uniform and closed the locker door before making his way out with a soft hum to see who else was there.

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
As the other students filed in, Sil wondered when the class would start. He was not a fan of gym, and was actually looking forward to reading the book he had borrowed from Maya.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
(Alright, lets get this party underway! @Rustic @TACarbuncle @Zerul @Devack @Zawlt)
As the bell that signaled that class had started rang, Coach Forge got up and began to survey the students currently in the classroom. "Alright, let's cut to the chase." The grumpy man began. "Since everybody has been doing well on their physicals lately, I'll allow you kids to have some free time for today's period. Does anyone have ideas on what you want to spend the period?"
The students immediately began excitedly shout ideas about what they wanted to do.
"How about basketball?" A male voice cried out.
"No, DodgeBall!" A female voice responded.
"We should do mock Ranked Battles!" Yet another student suggested.
As the other students began to have a discussion about what they should do with Coach Forge sitting down with what seemed to be a tired look on his face, Lucas thought of a game he and his friends outside of school played for squits and giggles. "I have an idea," The little sky blue boy began, "Extreme Tag."

"Tag?" Several students repeated. The idea sounded so childish, considering everyone else's age was way past the whole "playing tag with others" phase.
"I know, I know." Lucas says rolling his eyes. "'Tag is for little kids,' 'Who do you think you are Callie?' and 'Marie is the best waifu!'" The last comment granted him some strange stares from his classmates. Doing a fake cough, Lucas continued to speak of his idea. "Anyway... In this game of tag. You use your weapons to tag the opponent. Whether it may be a clear hit or a complete splat if you're a different color. Though we might have to have a less sniper friendly stage if we do plan on doing this anyway."
(Rustic, am I doing good so far?)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul didn't chime in he would have been fine working on his side project. when Lucas spoke up about an idea he looks at him. "Sounds like i can finally use my training." He stands up and streches. "So team fight? or free for all?"

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola blinked, her hair paling a little at the thought of another kind of fight. "Is that....safe?" She felt compelled to ask.

@MacSmitty

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"For Zerul's question, it's a free-for-all, as all variants of tag-at least to my knowledge-are." Lucas responds to his Octoling classmate. "Now for Viola's question, think of as a Squid Party, except instead flopping around like a fish, no offense to any fishes out here, were actually doing something unique. Though if we use our weapons then that means that everyone playing should get a respawn..." The little boy notes, eyeing his classmates, doing a headcount.

@Zerul @TACarbuncle

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul would get a creepy smile. "I had to train with Octoling elites. so a bunch if untrained inklings should be a good way to get back into shape!"

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Zawlt at this time was hanging back, listening in on all the commotion in the class. He overheard Lucas out of all of them suggesting extreme tag. He in all honesty didn't know what to think of it. All that went in his mind were flashbacks of their trip in Octo Valley. To him the only thing good that came out of it was Xexe and her aunt moving into his house with his father. He then overheard Zerul in his mind being a little too full of himself thinking they were all easy marks. "Huh, seems I may need to knock him down a peg," Zawlt thought as he continued listening in.

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
Lovely. Sil thought to himself. We have a "tough guy" in the class... Sil got up from where he was sitting and began stretching as well. It wouldn't do well to pull something or cramp up with a tournament on the horizon. As he did so, he wondered if they would be provided weapons or be allowed to use their own.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
[-wipes forehead- time to play catch up]

When he heard Lucas speaking, he had glanced up from where he stood. "Tag huh...reminds me of the good old days of daddy chasing after me for his so called endurance training for turf..." he hummed, moving closer to hear the rules of the game from the other. Getting the gist of it, he gave a short nod as he glanced to the others around him.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola let out an audible gulp as she heard Zerul and saw his creepy smile. "Note to self, stay out of his firing range." She whispered to herself, her hair turning an even paler purple.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Well, since @MacSmitty is away on a little vacation. I suppose I'll assume control over the important bits during this time. T'is only a week. ))

"Oh boy." Terence mumbled, hearing Zerul's comment on his training with a bunch of elites.

'What a big ego', Terence thought as he rolled his eyes. While he was himself an S rank, he had no clue on what was the skill level of these "Octoling elites" but if Zerul thought they were good. Well, he thought he'd have to keep an eye out on how the kid plays. Although Terence more or less thought it was just big talk, supposed to scare everyone else.

"Okay..." Forge said, raising an eyebrow towards Zerul before looking at Zale, "I have respawn pads in the armory, er... storeroom. It'd only be a few minutes to set up and get calibrated to you guys."

The teacher walked away from the group to get the respawn pads out of the storeroom in the corner of the gym, coming back out with four of the disc-shaped devices. He unceremoniously threw them down onto the ground, pulling a little remote out of his pocket. The pads all turned on, glowing white.

"Alright, who's first?" Forge asked the class, "tell me your weapon when you go through and I'll get it for you, if not, well you get a bucket."

@Zawlt @TACarbuncle @Zerul @Coerulus @Rustic @Devack

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
Sil stepped up to the nearest respawn pad, before turning to Forge. "I use a Splattershot Pro." he said before stepping on the pad.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He went to step up next to Sil on the next pad and rocked mildly on his heels. "I use the Aerospray RG or PG." he replied softly.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola stepped up behind the two and piped up. " .52 Gal Deco." She said, somewhat quietly, looking around at the others.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Like Coach Forge, Lucas raised a blue eyebrow at his Octoling schoolmate's comment. From the first time that Lucas met Zerul, he seemed awkward and nervous around others, and wasn't the type of person to be arrogant. Not to also mention that he responded very poorly when the Great Turf War and the business with the Agents were brought up due it resulting the poor conditions of Octo Valley, making the little sky blue wonder where that race-baiting comment came from. Before Lucas could make a sarcastic quip on whether or not the Octoling milita that Zerul fought wasn't good enough for him, Forge brought out the respawn pads.

"I'll use the regular Splattershot." Lucas announced while stepping up to a respawn pad.
((Hey guys, Im back. Well only for a bit since Im in Puerto Rico and I have service. BTW, its Lucas, not Zale.
@Rustic))

Last edited:

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
"Hmm..., a lot of somewhat basic guns," Zawlt thought as he heard what everyone else was getting, "think I know a way to make this interesting," With that thought in his head he took off his bamboo hat and tossed it towards the bleachers getting itself jammed around where he was sitting. Zawlt then begun walking towards a respawn pad while putting on his Tinted Shades. He stepped onto the pad, looked at Coach Forge, and said, "Grim Range Blaster."

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Ah, well I'm just used to Zale now. Also, this is directed at everyone. I'm not certain if MacSmitty wants Subs or Specials in, so I'm gonna leave them to your decision-making. Just know that some might be considered 'OP' or may not be conducive in text. ))
@Zawlt @MacSmitty @Zerul @TACarbuncle @Coerulus @Devack

"Uh... A Krak-On Roller please," Terence said, receiving a nod from Forge.

"Okay, I'll get everything ready," Forge said, quickly walking into the backroom. After a minute, he returned pulling along a small cart with all their requested weapons along with several plastic barriers that he would, undoubtedly, place around the gymnasium as they were getting their gear.

Contrary to Zerul's request, there was only a single Tentatek Splattershot, "we don't have any Replica Octoshots on hand," Forge told him as he grabbed a few of the barriers from the wagon, "and neither is it practical for a student who thinks he's tough enough to duel-wield Shooter-class weapons," he added.

Forge went around the gymnasium, setting up plastic barriers of all shapes and sizes throughout. He condensed them around the edges of the gym, likely so the person who was 'it' would have a starting location. He took out a remote out of his pocket and pressed a button on it, suddenly, all of the barriers puffed up into their shapes.

"I'll let you guys decide who's 'it'," he said, turning to the group to wait for their decision.

Terence looked around him, thinking on who would be the best person to be 'it' for the first bit. A lot of thoughts ran through his head, creating a mental list of all the people that would be great at tagging people and others that would absolutely, completely suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom