Zapfish Academy [IC Thread: What's in a Club?]

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Nyron looked at Ranae and Kbot for a second, but then looked to Vinyl. "Vinyl's right! I'm only at Level 16. I do indeed only have one true friend; anyone else who claims to be my friend is likely lying. As for my second name..." Nyron gave a long pause, "...I don't tell anyone my second name."

Nyron folded her legs up onto the chair. Her face was straight; she seemed a tad upset.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Nyron seemed a bit upset, Ranae thought maybe to talk to her after class had ended. Ranae could feel the anxiety frowing even larger, just waiting for the teacher to intervene

"Um, teacher, can you lighten up the mood a bit, somehow?"

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
"Lighten the mood a bit?" She went over to the blinds and opened them. "That help, Ranae?" She smiled an innocent little smile. Either she didn't seem to mind the direction things were taking and didn't see any reason to stop things until they got to direct confrontation or she just liked to hear other people speak. Or she was just zoning out. It was hard to tell.

"Hardy har har." The rude inkling, Tlaloc, responded, clearly not amused by the dry joke. "That was. Hilarious. Yes. That is the word for it. Ha ha. How about this, I take the ball and Two Names doesn't have to keep bumbling around something that she clearly doesn't want to talk about but brought up anyway."

He held up his pointer finger and said, "One, I wreck the field in turf wars." Next finger, next number, "Two, I like to write." With his ring finger, came the last option, "Three, I am an active dancer."

He sat down in a huff and it wasn't obvious if he was being rude or averting a really awkward situation on purpose. Whatever the case, the questions hung in the air.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
"Well, wrecking the field is an opinion, but you probably won't consider yourself bad, so it's debatable, but it won't be your lie. I'm going to go with Dancing."

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
'Oh, I see,' thought Parzival, 'The teachers aren't interfering to see our "communications skills" I mean, after all, that is the name of the class. That's why they won't interfere. Okay, I'll play their game, but I will not let them get too much information.'
Parzival looked around to see if anyone else had realized what he had. Kbot seemed to, but he was not really sure. Rhin was acting odd, but then again, this is Rhin we're talking about. Parzival thought about which 'fact' would be true. Finally, he decided on the second one. "You like to write. It's clearly not the first one because anybody on your team would lose on purpose, and if it was the third one you would of bragged about it already." Parzival awaited for his reaction.

Hesoca

Full Squid
“I’d say that the answer… is number one!”

A few curious gazes turned towards the entrance of the classroom, where in sauntered a lanky urchin, a backpack thrown over one shoulder and a cap sitting angled on his head. “Hate to crash the party,” he said with a wave, “Oh, hey, Caligo! Haven’t seen you in a bit. Summer gone well?”

"You're later than me today, Mr. Echin," she said, no that surprised by his entrance, considering his track record.

“Sorry,” he grinned, pulling out a crumbled piece of blue paper from his pockets, “Had a little snafu with the scheduling kid. Didn’t even know I was in this class until just a few minutes ago. But hey, if it makes ya feel any better,” - and he gave the paper a little flick - “I gotta note. So we’re fresh, yeah?”

Without so much as an explanation, he threw the paper into Ms. Caligo’s hands, tossed his backpack on the floor in front of him, and flopped into an empty seat. “Actually, gonna be honest, I just heard people shoutin’ numbers.” He replied, adjusting his cap. “So, number one. Am I right, or am I right?”

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
"Well," Tlaloc continued, completely ignoring the miscreant that had walked in all-too-announced, "if there are no more guesses, I think it's time I just say the answer. That's how games go right?"

"Kbot; you misunderstood the first answer and so I can't quite say you had a fair chance at the game. Too bad fairs are for suckers anyway and you're wrong."

"Parzival too. Damn, maybe I should have worded things better..."
he rolled his eyes as he continued, "writing is one of my hobbies and I consider it a very important part of communication so yup, love that. Then there's dancing which I've been doing since I've had legs. So yup. Love that. When I said, "I wreck," I meant that I was really good. I meant to come off as conceited. But to answer--I'm not good at turf in my eyes."

He waved a hand in dismissal. "Well, whatever. Whatever bozo wants to go, can go I don't care."

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Parzival replayed his speech in his mind a few times, still somewhat confused. 'He doesn't see himself as good? I thought that guy was so full of himself, he was partly digested. Oh well, I guess it's my turn to play the game.'

"Well, I used to be in a squad but left. I guess that's number one. Number two is that I enjoy studying the bipedal creatures that lived here before us and the third is I used to live in a mansion before my parents died. Now, which one is the lie?" Parzival made sure that none of his choices revealed too much and waited to see who would guess.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
When Ranae had finally zoned back in after she slammed her head on her desk after hearing that "funny" joke her teacher made. She managed to somewhat hear what Parzival said.

"Well, I'm guessing it's number 2 from what I've heard. Seems logical"

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Jennie broke the silence that permeated the class. She spoke to Parzival,"...What is anyone supposed to say that...?"

She averted her eyes, uncomfortably fidgeting with her dog tags. "...Are your parents dead? Or... are you joking about your parents?"

She crossed her arms and seemed to squirm in her seat, but continued anyway. "...Two and Three were too detailed... so they're probably true. You left your squad." She kept looking away. "Probably."

She opened her mouth to say something, but didn't. Instead she mustered a nonchalant "So, who's next?"

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
'Well, I guess it's time to tell the truth,' thought Parzival.
"You're both wrong. I didn't live in a mansion before my parents died. I lived on a farm. After they died, I left to Inkopolis. The rest is history. Anyone who wants to go, just go."

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
"Well," chimed in the teacher. Ms. Caligo had remained quiet most of the time, save her joke and the one time it looked like Tlaloc was going to punch someone, but now she gathered everyone's attention. "Well, I think it's time that we try something different. Thank you Ms Meyjan for the wonderful idea."

She sat up, and walked to her desk, opening a drawer and pulling out... a rubber band ball? She started idly bouncing it up and down on the floor as she continued. "This is also a pretty common game; whoever has the ball has to speak, but I like playing with a few different rules... you toss with quite a little force at whoever you're aiming at and if someone doesn't want to talk, they can let it hit them instead of catching it. Amusing right?

"So, Barrett, how about you tell us about yourself? The question for now is 'what is the most defining moment of my life.' Have it it, hwah!" And with that grunt, she threw the ball with way more force that she was probably supposed to.

((Whenever you're directly talking about someone, tag them in some OOC brackets, like this. @Hesoca Go Barrett go! Give Hesoca at least 6 hours before letting it bounce off of the urchin violently and landing in another character's hands.))

Hesoca

Full Squid
Barrett had been uncharistically silent the past round - mostly because he'd been attempting to sleep the whole time, his cap pulled fully over his eyes. To be fair, there wasn't much to be said; the kid speaking was about as lively as his parents were, and he wasn't about to say something that could cause the poor soul to lapse into some therapeutical tirade.

At the sound of his name, he glanced up. "So, wait, why am I- GAH!" The ball beamed him squarely in the chest and bounced off, jolting him out of his slumber. He fumbled about wildly for a moment before finally getting a good grip on the thing.

"Uhhh... most defining moment, yeah?" He regained his composure and grinned, "Tough question. Buuuut, if I were gonna pick somethin'... I'd say that my most defining moment would be when I was born."

Chuckling at all the groans he probably caused, he continued, "Actually, naw. Too predictable. Serious answer, though: it'd probably halfta be when I started hangin' with my brother's squad back in the day. Lotta good stories about that one."

He paused, as though thinking. "Couple not-so-good ones, too, but-cha know."

After a moment, he glanced around the room. "Lemme see here... how about you, glasses-man?" With a grin, he threw the ball towards Kbot with a little more force than was needed.

((OOC: @KTKres, you're go!))

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Kbot was lucky he was semi-paying attention. He decided not to speak up so much lately, but rest assured he was listening.

He certainly wasn't expecting the ball to be thrown at him, especially after he'd already said something in 2 Truths and a lie. But it was whatevs.

He caught the ball, making a statement to hold it for a second so that everyone knew he was actually listening. "Hm. Most defining moment. Interesting. Well, to get me to where I am now, I would probably say my most defining moment was joining my current Squad. They got me involved in A LOT of stuff. I took a lot upon myself, but they helped out along the way."

"Alright, guess that's it then. Go ahead, Krys!"

((Figured you were already online and viewing this, @lonelyrollingsquid, so go ahead))

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei thanked the Inkling that led her to class, without thinking, she burst through the door. "S-sorry I'm late!" She exclaimed in the "JellyFish Language". Kei ran to what seemed to be the teacher, trying to explain what happened until she realized that probably no one could understand her.

She turned to face a bunch of Inkling students. She began to sweat, not knowing to speak much "Inkling". "H-hello.." Kei knew she only could speak three words in Inkling.. So this would end badly.

"U-um... Kei Corriente..." She tried to introduce herself in "Inkling".

What do I do??!!??! Wait... Maybe one of them could understand me!
No... That's probably not likely... Wait what do they even teach in this class? I can't even read the schedule.

Kei stared at the floor, shifting her feet.... "Wow.... Great job Kei.." She whispered to herself in "Jellyfish".

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
"Hello Kei," Ms Caligo said kindly, pulling one of the outlying chairs into the circle. She spoke slower, but not insultingly so. "We were just playing a game about introducing ourselves. If you get the ball, then it'll be your turn." She smiled kindly and left the seat for Kei to take.

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei nervously sat down, she could feel an army of eyes staring at her as she sat down on her seat. She pulled down her heat, trying to hide.
Kei silently prayed in "Jellyfish". "Please don't give the ball to me.. Please don't give the ball to me.."

She plopped a textbook on her desk, using it as a pillow.
Maybe if I go to sleep.. They won't make me introduce my self.
Kei pressed her face against the textbook, trying to look like she was sleeping. She silently slid her pencil case into the desk.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Parzival was surprised by the, uh, um jelly- thing? Um, yeah, the jelly thing's entrance. Parzival looked around the room. 'Man, this class is boring. If only Pause was here... In the meantime, what can I do to spice it up?' Parzival saw Krys was still thinking about her answer. 'Might as well say hi to the jelly thing.'
"Hi, um, Kei is it? I know you probably don't speak Inkling, but I thought I would welcome you. So, yeah. Welcome to communications."

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei turned to the Inkling that spoke to her, tilting her head. The only words she understood was "Hi", "Kei" and "Inkling". Kei waved, lifting up her large hat so she could see. "Hi..." She replied.

Boredom slowly began to consume Kei, she took out a notebook and began to doodle random objects such as jellyfish and sea anemones. She observed the inklings, the students had a variety of colors, clothes and hairstyles.

After sometime she would watch as the ball soar through the air,
Is this what we do for the rest of the year? Kei wondered.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
The ball hit Krys and landed on the floor. Nobody decided to make a move. Kbot reached down to pick it up, considering Krys was sitting right next to her.

"Alright, fine. Looks like someone doesn't wanna talk. Off to you, Parzival!" he said as he threw the ball across the room.

(( @ThatSquidYouKnow, go ahead.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom