Zapfish Academy [IC Thread: What's in a Club?]

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Looks like the idea was catching on. Jennie was hoping someone else would take the reigns, but whatever worked. "Alright, I suggested the idea; I can start. We should play rapid-fire --no turns. Just state your 3 "facts" when you want, then call other people's lies out whenever."

She muttered to herself, "...Kind of assuming you've heard of this game."

Jennie pressed her tags against her mouth to think of her opener, then gave a mischievous smirk. Let's see if they could pick out the truth from this.

"One: The key-chain accessories on my bag? I made them all," motioning to the intricate bead work. "Two: I've collected every coin variation from Inkopolis in the last 3 years. And three," she said, swishing her hair-tail and displaying her thorny spines, "I've sent some one to the hospital with just my thorns."

Pleased with how convincing those sounded, she grinned. "Now... which of those... is the lie?"

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Oddly enough, it was the teacher that spoke up now, who had, after her suddenly outburst in the beginning, freaking out about how late she'd been and overall just managing to seem like a total klutz, she pulled herself together here. "Well, that's a hard one, Ms Meyjan, you seem like the type who might have made the key-chains, as you seem quite proud of them." She flashed her eyes to here eyes and to her tags and back again.

"Then again, you said you were a bit of a collecter so who knows? You might have collected every coin in the last three years." She looked at her hair variation and looked at her self-satisfied. "But, the most unreasonable thing you've said is that you sent someone to the hospital. Your spine variations make you to be a Skate, not a Stingray. So I'm going to say... three."

She looked at her, then looked at the class, then asked, "am I right? Also, you can choose who's next; I just couldn't resist a game even though I'm supposed to try to just watch how you all interact." There was a girlish twinkle in her eye... she was enjoying herself.

Robikku Squid

Just a squid havin' some fun! :3
NNID
RobikkuScratch
Vinyl had jus' let things unfold for the most part..not because she didn't wanna speak but because it seemed a little more prudent to let the class do it's thing some...afterall, observation would yield much about potential teammates and opposition in all things, be it turf war or school. Still, if she was gonna participate in this thing, she probably should at the very least make her presence a little more felt.

" Well, the coin stuff seems plausible...so I'll give that the benefit of a doubt. " She says, raising a small grin. " and I can kinda see how you'd be a thorn in a squids side with those sharp l'il snagglers there...seriously, just look at that stuff! "

She lets the comment hang in the air for a beat before continuing. " So by trial of elimination...the lie's gotta be the keychain stuff - you didn't make 'em! "
Confident in her own reply, she awaits the revelations to prove her right - or wrong...it was possible too, she guessed.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
"Agh! I slept in again! I should set some alarms!" Ranae said to herself as she ran through the schools front door, then proceeding to enter her class.

"Yeah, um, hi?"

"...."

"I'll just sit down now, pay no attention"

Ranae awkwardly sat down on a chair beside two inklings and looked around the room having realized everyone was looking at her. The teacher just looked at me until I made direct eye contact.

"Yo, wot you lookin' at?" Shouted Ranae's turtle (He's quite sassy)

That's when everyone stopped staring and the class continued.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"Oooh, the not-a-ray thing! Ms. C, you wound me," she replied, with fake hurt and yet grinning.

There it was. She had been waiting to see if this teacher was interesting or not.

Jennie re-crossed her legs. "Well, you're both wrong, unfortunately," she sighed, "for me. My collection has holes. I've never been able to find the 100-year Zapfish commemoration coin. Or the Jelly Fresh one," she ruminated, "but that one was a bit of a joke."

Jennie gave a nonchalant shrug. "The keychains are Jennie originals, and the hospital thing....that's a long story. Also an accident, a one-time thing," She glanced down, with pursed lips. "Nothing major."

"It looks like some people don't think this game is dumb," she joked, "Whoever wants to go, feel free---"

As soon as she finished an anemone girl burst into the room late, and tried to scoot into the circle as quietly as possible. Jennie gave a curious look. "Ms. C, you said I could choose, right? How about her."

She then spoke directly to the girl."Well...? Introduce yourself. We're playing 2 Truths and a Lie. Maybe join in?"

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
She wasn't prepared for someone to talk to her so soon. She didn't have much in the way of amazing speaking skills, yet she stood up and prepared to think up everything on the spot

"So, hi, my name is Ranae. I moved to Inkopolis last year and have been selling clothes here since, I only sell in my little stall near the main plaza, so don't ask me. I also like singing sometimes in the Inkopolis theater so my friends gave me the nickname "Limelight Girl". Oh, and this is my turtle, Torq, he lives in my hair.

The girl had also told her they we're playing 2 Truths and a Lie, so on the spot, she managed to think of three things.

"So we're playing 2 Truths and a Lie, eh? Well, here go's. 1. Annie once bought something from my stall. 2. I have seen whats inside of Inkopolis Tower 3. I have played in one Turf War. So that's it, go wild." She said quickly and then sat back down.

Well this is an amazing start, isn't it?

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
2 truths and a lie, eh? Kbot wasn't a HUGE fan of random games like this, but he liked a few. Really? What is this supposed to be, some sort of Icebreaker or something?

He'd kinda zoned out while studying the classroom. It was always nice to know where you are and where everything else is.

Kbot looked across at the teacher. Of course she was having fun. I'd be having fun too if I were her. This is about the most layed back discussion ever.

Whatever, I might as well pipe up now. Nobody seems to be taking any guesses.

"Well, Ranae, considering you're not an inkling, I'm going to say that it's likely that you've only played one game of Turf War, and because you've done that, you've been inside Inkopolis Tower, as that's where we go to set up those matches. I'd be surprised if someone like Annie gets out a whole lot, so I'm going to guess the first is your lie."

Kbot felt pretty smart about that answer. At least it makes sense.

It was just then when he remembered that he heard something soft come out of Rhin's area. Maybe I'll see if I can talk to him after class. See if I can help with something.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Of course, the first to answer was correct, considering she had less than a minute to think of something.

"Yep, you're right. Why don't you go ahead and give it a shot?" Ranae told Kbot

As she finished, her iSquid began to vibrate inside her pocket, she took it out alongside her ear-phones, plugged them in and answered.

"Uh huh.....yep......OK" She spoke silently trying not to be a distraction. She hung up and leaned back on her chair and stretched her legs, trying to be as comfortable as possible.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
'Hmm,' Parzival thought 'A game...' "Okay, I'll play. I'm guessing you haven't sent anyone to the hospital with your thorns. You sent them there with your stare." Pleased with himself, Parzival awaited an answer.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Oh gosh. I'm not even that creative.
It took him a good bit to think about something, but he finally thought of a few.

"Alright, I'll give it a shot. One: I'm stuck at Level 14. Two: Camp Triggerfish is my favorite place in the world. Three: I don't have an iSquid phone with me right now."

Thanks for helping me with the last one Ranae.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
'Oh, crap.' thought Parzival, 'Why can't I pay more attention!? Okay, just gotta pull myself together and guess.'
You do not have an iSquid phone with you."

Robikku Squid

NNID
RobikkuScratch
Vinyl watched as things took place - seemed like there were many things all at once going on...and whilst she wasn't really making a thing of taking part in all of them, she was pretty amused at just how active the group seemed to be to an extent...or at least, how varied it was as a whole.

Her attention quickly snaps towards the iSquid answerer - usually it wouldn't have bugged her in any other place, but when it came to a place like this...well, the idea that somebody had left their device on at all during class was a little bit of a disruptive idea. " Hey, ain't it a better idea to do the whole personal call stuff out of class times? " she says with a raise of an eyebrow...just ending her small verbal jab there - wouldn't have done any good whatsoever to poke at that too much beyond that.

She yawns and just shakes her head a little - if any of these squids were as 'interesting' as this when hittin' up a turf war, she wasn't exactly sure she wanted to be a part of any teams unfortunate to have them on board...but hey, there was still some time to warm up to them before the day ended.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
"Um, well, em. It's sorta important that I keep it on, I'm sorry though" Ranae said quietly

She was embarrassed about this but that thought quickly faded when she realized how important it was.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"Hmm, well let's see," Jennie began. "I'm going to have to see how much I remember about turf wars..."

She spent one moment to think, then gave a clever grin. "For starters, you don't look like you get out much. ...But I can believe the Triggerfish one." She smiled inwardly to herself and remarked, "...it's just a fun experience."

"Since you apparently play ink battles, not having an Isquid on you just sounds ridiculous," --oh yes, she knew about Spyke-- "and lastly," she rolled her eyes. "I don't think it's possible to 'be stuck' at a level?"

Jennie declared, "That first one is false."

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
"Ha! Got you two. Actually, my lie is that I like Camp Triggerfish. I absolutely hate the layout there. I'll only go when I have to."

"There must be something in the air around this time of year. I keep disintegrating and getting kicked out of every match I enter. Must be allergic or something. But I got up to level 14 before then."

"My iSquid is also broken, so I'm not taking it anywhere as of now. It's actually somewhat freeing."

"Whoever wants to go next can. I won't force anything on anyone."

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
"I wouldn't have expected that." Ranae whispered to herself.

So far, things we're going good, whatever good is. The teacher seems really laid back, seeing how students react to each other was a smart idea.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Since nobody else was speaking up, Nyron decided to give it a try.

"Well...my three statements are that I have two names, that I only have one friend, and that I'm Level 23." Nyron said, sitting up a bit more. She was VERY against the idea of revealing her second name, so even STATING she had one was a bit of a risk. Hopefully nobody asks about it.

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Kbot thought that this one was relatively easy.

"I seriously doubt that you can only have one friend, so I'll guess that one. Level 23 is believable and having 2 names is something that most people probably don't joke about."

Robikku Squid

NNID
RobikkuScratch
Vinyl chuckles a little to herself - this one was an interestingly peculiar set of comments...that didn't mean that Vinyl had any idea which of them were true but it was interesting nonetheless. Then again, she reasons inwardly, there had been a lot of interesting little factoids given off in this shindig - a squid could learn a lot from 3 small useless-seeming facts if they thought about them a little for a while...

" So lemme get this straight. " she starts, giving a small amused chuckle. " You're a level 23 and you only have one friend? " the Inkling states incredulously.
" One of these things isn't the same here - I gotta feeling that you're nowhere close to being a level 23...maybe 10 down from there, or so, but a 23? Nah, I don't buy it...totally the lie
! "

Seemed to make sense to her at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom