• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
I don't have internet access sadly, but my phone will suffice until I do.

Bazbot

Inkling
NNID
LaSantaTrinidad
Hello again everyone!

I'm just popping in, again, to say that we're now accepting new applicants! yaya!
Our current limit is 12, and depending if we can handle 12 people, it may be extended to 14 players.
Oh, and an advance warning. The scene will be progressing soon. That's the reason why we're accepting again.
Does, does this mean I have a chance?!

:4 I've never really been in an RP like this before it seems really organized even though it's meant to be spontaneous!

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
@Bazbot

Last I checked, yes, yes you do have a chance. Post your character bio and my fellow GMs and I will review it for acceptance. Looking forward to see what you have in mind.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
I am officially back with computer internet access! Now I can be more active than I normally am. But first, off to edit my last few posts to my liking.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic
Ayup. I'm still here.

You know, I think the whole notification's system is busted. Oh well.
Anyways. I try to be around, but no promises.
I've been terribly ill as of late.
Short of being able to physically rip viruses from my body, I'll have to deal with being able to make posts whenever I can... Which isn't much considering I've been in bed shivering most of the time.
Anyways, just letting you all know I'm still in this and haven't gone anywhere.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Alrighty everyone, things have been going on long enough. We're moving on to the next scene and skipping the rest of the month, going straight to the day the kids leave to go back home. You'll have til Friday to finish preparing to head back, then we'll be changing to a new thread in order to clear the record, making it easier for people to join.

Just giving everyone the heads up.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
Oh no! Oh no! I've had too many things going on at once! Not to mention that I haven't been receiving notifications for the IC board at all. I'm still here, just wanted to let you all know... Terribly sorry, I'll try to be better about post management and frequency...

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
-gulp-

are we still taking applications for school? imma give this one a try. think this will be an easier to manage rp for my squid for the moment to get him introduced to the rp boards

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Sure. Just give us a bio on your character. You can look earlier in this thread to find some examples.

@Coerulus

Last edited:

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
Alright then. I'll give a little more from my original bio, most already pre-prepared from his creation. Hope you won't mind some spoiler reveal tags for people to figure out for later. With his personality, he won't be able to drop everything to a squid til he can trust them. seriously hope you dont mind! he is reallllly shy! if anything needs depth aside from the spoiler tag, do tell me! this is my first working rp with him outside my little squad outside the boards! oh dear im getting worse...

coerulusicon.jpg

Name: Coerulus

Race:
Inkling

Appearance:
Soda blue inkling that normally sports the Squid Clip accessory and Punk Cherries. He wears a variety of oversized gear, mostly hoodies. Switches between Camo, Zekko, Retro Gamer Jersey or Olive Ski Jacket. His current favorite is the Zekko brand hoodie.

Relations:
To learn the history of his current familial relations, one has to be able to talk enough to get him comfortable to speak. His biological parents are deceased. Has been adopted into a new family. Family spoilers will be updated with new information should someone manage to reveal it from him. Check back often!

And I do think we earned the first little smidge of current family relations. Dig deeper and don't be afraid to interact with the new inklings. You may find something new to talk to Coerulus about.

edit: we finally got ourselves a name! also will write in the dark blue inkling but ya still gotta ask for his deets. and i did some doodles so everyone can get a look at the squid behind the names. dark blue inkling will come once you figure him out.

Marigold
Inkling

illexicon.jpg

Name: Illex Radiata Feathertail
Relationship: Adoptive father, referred to as "papa" by Coerulus
Personality: Quite nice and wants to see the best of his little squid.
Appearance: He is of average height for a adult squid. With his tentacles rather long for a male, he keeps his tentacles untied. He is fond of casual wear, mostly sweaters and jeans.

Dark Blue Inkling
Name: Unknown
Relationship: -psst...try asking Illex-
Personality: A fun loving go-getter loves to tease Coerulus with playful banter.

Personality:
A small and extremely shy squid. He is reclusive to himself among crowds and other squids. Due to his upcoming in the rural areas around Kelp Dome, he lacks the ability to speak with others easily and tends to stutter or stay silent. Approaching him calmly will show whether you're a threat or not to his safety. The more he is able to learn of a squid, the more at ease he will be put into to be able to speak up more and clearly.

Backstory:
When only in his second development stage, Coerulus lived with his mother and father near Kelp Dome. His father worked in the dome itself to help with crop improvement projects. One however had gone sour and cost him his life when an experimental pesticide caused toxic failure. Being as young as he were, he barely remembers the face of his father. A month since then, an insect that ate through some of the toxic plants during removal escaped eradication and got out the dome, heading for the small home where his mother ended up being bit by toxic carrying insect. The course of her declining health coursed through the year before she too suffered as her mate had. Left alone and so young to never understand that he has lost both of his parents, he was taken to Inkopolis to live his life at the local orphanage. While among the other underdeveloped inklings, he was too shy and scared of his situation and his inability to return home and see his mother to be able to interact with them, leaving him to be reclusive to his own world with his patchwork plush zapfish as his only confidant. As the memories of his previous home and parents faded, he believed that he would never be adopted from the orphanage until he was old enough to be able to leave on his own once able to achieve kid form. That all has changed when a young couple that had been visiting the very same orphanage once a month for five years to find a squid to call their own saw him and immediately felt a connection, adopting him into their family and cared for him like he was their own son.

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
@Coerulus

Yup! Like Rustic said, it looks good to me! Welcome to the rp!

Love the bio too! Very well made! ^^

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
I've been gone a long time. I'm ready to get back into the hang of RP, however, I've got some changes to be made to my inkling.

For starters, her appearance will be changing to this.

(Made it a link because that's a huge image.)

I'd also like for her to be referred to ask Galaxy from now on. Is that okay?

(Tagging @TACarbuncle because you're in charge of the thread)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Quick question. I want to give Lucas (My Character) an humanoid form at some point later in RP. Can i do it?

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
Hey everyone. I've been away from the game for the past 4 months cause of IRL commitments and playing other games. I finally got some free time on my hands so i thought now'd be the best time to jump back on the boards and the game. I was just wondering if this RP is still open? I remember participating in the previous one way back but it just kinda died out. If slots are full, I'll join the next one if possible. Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom