• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Do I have to think up a story for why I was gone or can I just randomly pop up?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Do I have to think up a story for why I was gone or can I just randomly pop up?
Whatever is fine with you. You can makeup a story if you want or you can just go "poof, I'm here." Either one is okay.

Oh another question, when is Squid-o-ween based on the RP right now? Is it happening later that day or in a few days time?
Squid-O-Ween is happening in a few days later in the RP. Because I don't think anybody can make a quality costume in one day if they're thinking about doing that.
*looks over to Lydia, TACarbuncle, Zerul, and GBstep*

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
@Rustic

Oh yeah sure. Single us out. Throw us under the bus!

lol. It's okay. If people want to plan stuff out with others, take the time you got to do that! Shouldn't be limited to just one group, but we will be starting the party on Wednesday.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Soooo are we time skipping to Squid-o-ween? Since its Wednesday but it hasn't been a day in the RP. I'm cool with whatever we do btw, just wanted to ask. :D

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Templar
Yes, we are doing a time skip to Squid-O-Ween. Me, TACarbuncle, or Lydia will be doing it sometime today.
So... stick around, take a seat and have a nice time. :)

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Yeeeeaaa, finally finished this >u> it's got a few alterations from the original form, but that's because I used the inksona thread/ZA bio as a base for the bios I have, so there wasn't really a point in adapting it since they're pretty much the same thing, 'cept for the two bits I added.
Name(s): Shizuka Tsuki (しずか つき - Quiet Moon)

Race: Inkling

Condition/Disability: Muteness

Languages: Sign Language (Fluent - Speaking & Understanding), Inkling (Unable - Speaking, Fluent - Understanding, Almost - Writing)

Appearance: She has magenta/fuschia ink and eyes, and wears Fake Contacts, White Anchor Tee, and Blue Moto-Boots. Her skin is number 2.

Relations: She lives with her sister, Momo, who is totally colorblind (monocromacy), and her parents live in another city. Her father is totally colorblind as well. She's also in a "special squad" with three others: her sister, Shawna and Juno. The last two have asthma and a lame right leg respectively.

Personality: She's innocent and a bit naive, and likes to keep to herself a lot of the time, but still tries to make friends. Optimistic. She tends to become a little overwhelmed in some situations that involve talking (like standing up in front of a crowd or being interrogated), and becomes too nervous to speak with her hands, and might even refuse to write.

Backstory: She had confused her parents when she was younger, since they had no idea she was mute until she was three. But before then, they had no idea why she wouldn't speak, or make any sounds in general. After her parents had found out, they homeschooled her for a while, with her sister helping look after her, until Momo decided to move out. Shizuka didn't want to be separated from her, so her parents reluctantly let her stay with Momo. Since her sister didn't have time to homeschool Shizuka, she enrolled her in a normal school and hoped she'd do well, letting her parents pay for the expenses. She was bullied a bit during the three years at her previous school (it didn't last long though because she actually told people), and now, after a little searching for a good school by her sister, she will be going to Zapfish Academy.
Also, the reason I didn't specify a sign language is because Inklings probably have their own, and it wouldn't make sense for her to have New Zealand Sign Language.

Last edited:

colormute

Inkling
NNID
neverosa
I'd love to hop in something fun like this when I come home from work if that's okay...!

colormute

Inkling
NNID
neverosa
kay!

Name(s): Harriet

Race:
Nudibranch, or just "sea slug"

Appearance:
she's a bit taller than most inklings, but not by that much. from behind she really does just look like a sea slug
she only has the one eye
the hair, of course, isn't actually hair. it's more like a thick feather and is lighter than it looks, tho it's a bit stiff. the natural glow dims at night so she's not too distracting, but it never really goes away completely

Relations: so many siblings that she doesn't even know many of their names

Personality:
lax, whimsical, a bit dim-witted, friendly, obedient, will eat almost anything as long as it's got meat
likes: music, karaage, watching turf wars, shopping, boys (and girls)
dislikes: schoolwork, getting her hair caught on something, salt (competitive definition)

Backstory:
Harriet is a pretty simple girl. She likes to watch inklings play their sports, and that keeps her happy while she struggles with schoolwork. She was bullied a lot growing up for not being fresh enough, for being dumb, for being completely colorblind, etc, but she never let it get to her, mostly due to being oblivious. Upon moving to Inkopolis with her massive family, she found herself window-shopping at Shrimp Kicks very often. Waiting in line outside for a new shoe to drop is nothing new or strange to her. And yet, she doesn't own many shoes. Her family doesn't have much money due to its overall size, so she makes due with what she has. Just living the lifestyle makes her happy. Crusty Sean treats her well, like a loyal customer. It'd be easy to assume she'd want to get into the business when she grows up, but she actually has grittier goals: she wants to be in a band. It may come as a surprise (or maybe not) but Harriet plays the bass guitar and is very into music. She likes a variety of genres and sounds but has a preference for lower bpm. It's just her nature

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@colormute
Looks good to me.
Welcome aboard!
Show up in a costume, or not, or whatever. I'm alright with everything.
But it'd be rather weird to show up to a costume party without a costume.

Last edited:

Silverflame

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kris4490
i never done this before but ill give it a try with my oc
Name:flame(male)15
Race:inkling
appearance: around the size of any other inkling around. Wears pilot goggles, octoling gear, and octoling boots. his eyes have a spark of fire in them,red eyes,when ever in a struggle to win his hair glows like ember.
personality: a bit crazy at times. is adeveturous,tries to be heroic but fails, loves heated ranked battles, goes to squidparties. has alot enthusiasm
backstory : flame was always the odd one out. never had much of friends,but that never stopped him from getting better. his parents abandoned him when he was 5.he was always a lone squid. In battles he puts so much effort in to win. yet he never got any credit for the effort,all the money that he got would support food and the rest goes to someone who cant win much money.

(idk if i did this right give me some feedback in case i should change anything)

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Eh, I think I'm gonna have to op out for now. I'm just brain dead and not really feeling it atm. Maybe I'll come back next scene.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Silverflame

Well, to be honest. After some GMly chatting between me, @Lydia ,and @TACarbuncle .
Your profile looks fine, but it could use some improvements in the backstory. First, it's quite barren of details! Why did his parents abandon him? Why was he always the odd one out?
Second, your personality is alright, albeit a bit barren as well. But it could be fine. A nice backstory could carry an empty personality, and vice versa.

@Chaos_Knight

Writer's block? If it is.
Don't sweat it, it happens to everybody.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I was wondering if next phase, I could do something kinda like what MacSmitty's doing, but with Parzival and Pause. Would that be okay?

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Heya all, I am once again lacking net access to my computer due to me getting an apartment. I'll try to post when I can by phone which is how I'm posting this message.

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Thx for directing me to this page, rustic! I'm just gonna post my inksona here for approval.

Name: touya coralias
Race: inkling
Appearance: pilot goggles, green parka, octolings boots. She wears her hair up in a ponytail,her hair color is a dull purple, and her eyes are dark brown. Her skin is light, too.
Relations: she has a "sister" named Katie. She's an octoling with a big heart, and is heavily wrapped to her touya's storyline.
Personality: touya is kind and loving to members of her "family." To other people, touya can be cold hearted, but getting to know her can change that. She is loyal to friends,protective, and slightly paranoid, due to her backstory. (Everything is involved in the backstory)
Background: touya was born into an unfortunate, poverty stricken home. Her parents thought she was a waste of money, so they made the councious desicision to throw her out. One day, her parents took her to arowana mall and dropped her off. With nowhere to go, no one to go back to, touya resorted to a life of crime to get the essentials. She was constantly moving from town to town to avoid local law enforcement, and eventually ended up disguising herself as a male to avoid the police. On one of her "escapades" led her to octo valley, where she met Katie. You see, found Katie rummaging through a dump, looking for anything she could find. Touya asked her if she was on her own, and when she said yes, she asked the life changing question. "Wanna come live with me?" Happy to have someone that cared enough to ask, she happily obliged. Having someone to care for really changed touya, helping her make the desicision to start making money honestly through turf. With said money, touya bought an apartment, and started attending ZA.

(Just so wer'e clear, touya is still a boy to the public, and will only tell her closest friends she's actually a girl, k?)

Last edited:

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Thnx for lettin me join! I'm sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused on the IC, it's just that the last time I was on a rp, the OOC was mixed in with the IC. Thnx again!

Side note: are you going to introduce me, or do I intro. Myself?)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Quibblingsun86

Sorry since I didn't answer that earlier, you can introduce yourself. Seeing as how... you've already introduced yourself, you should be fine in that regard.
Another thing, should you talk OOC inside the IC thread, use brackets [ ] those things, or ( ), either one is fine. It's just used to separate your IC chat and your OOC chat, organizational purposes mainly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom