• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Ack! Sorry for my prolonged absence everyone. Life has been busy for me! Honorabru games and such, y'know?

@Devack
Devack, Sil looks fine and dandy to join in. As for your entrance, I suggest you wait until I end the scene soon after this post. I estimate around an hour before I put it up.

Also, this is to all the RPers in Zapfish. Since ideas can sometimes take a drastic turn into something different, or in some cases derail the entire scene. I'm gonna go name every Zapfish thread from now on "Zapfish Academy: A Casul RP!" And, should I give up in my quest in continuing this RP. I recommend whoever steps up to keep it going with that trend. /Iwillstopgivingwills

Anyway, I hope that clears up any unwarranted confusion in the current thread's name.

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
Knock, knock. Guess who's back?

As a part of my grand return to SquidBoards, I figured I might as well get back into this with a redux of my original character. Hopefully, you're alright with giving me a fresh start, @Rustic.

Name(s): Maya

Race:
Inkling

Appearance:
Maya is seen wearing her signature black coat at nearly all times. She also wears a black t-shirt with either jeans or jean shorts, as well as red hi-top shoes. More often than not, she has headphones on. If they're not on her head, they're around her neck or in some kind of bag she has with her.

Relations:
With no immediate family and no distinct "friends", Maya's relationships with others seem rather few and far between. However, due to that, she has no real enemies either. Those she befriends, however, she will guard with her life.

Personality:
Mischievous and a notorious prankster, Maya finds herself in trouble quite a lot. She never seems to take much seriously, but there are a few hushed whispers that Maya is, in fact, a very sensitive and caring girl. Occasionally, that side opens up. However, when showing her sensitive side, Maya is very prone to retaliating in an aggressive manner if she feels that things are starting to become a direct threat to her. Alternatively, if things start going her way while she's in this state, she often finds herself whipped up into an emotional frenzy.

Backstory:
Since she was young, Maya was alone. Her parents didn't care much for her, opting instead to show their affection to her younger siblings. She was removed from her parents' care at the age of 9 and essentially raised herself. Having gone through many emotional hardships and traumas, Maya is very aware of the emotions of other people. This is a double-edged sword, and sometimes Maya finds herself seeing things that aren't really there. This has landed her in a bad emotional spot more than once.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@13thGalaxy
Sure... I guess, but I must warn you that I'm not really that active on this site anymore. So Zapfish might receive few updates and such, as I've been working on other projects and real life, which came in and kicked me in the nuts more than once. But I suppose with the recent entrants, such as you, Devack, and... I can't remember for the life of me. I'll consider allocating more time to this.

@Zawlt @Zerul @MacSmitty @TACarbuncle @Devack @Coerulus
But if someone would like to co-GM for me in the times I am gone, I would appreciate anyone opting in for that. Just try not to get tangled in the web that is Life if you do.

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
@Rustic

Between Work and WoW, I probably won't have enough time to GM that much, unfortunately.

@13thGalaxy :

Maya looks freaking adorable. You have to tell me who did the second pic.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Okay, I'm not even sure if anyone is still up for Zapfish at this point. Because it has been a good friggin' month of no postings.

I'm gonna go toss this up to whoever wants to take over for me, as between Octo Lab, my several fanfictions, and the upping difficulties of reality. I won't have any time to focus on this RP, however, I would like to see this thing be continued, but I won't be apart of it. Now, you may think I'm not enjoying the RP and the great characters you all brought into the RP, even if some of them cause difficulties and grief for me, the GM. But I actually enjoy it, as it's a unique kind of improvisation that comes out of this RP.

I had a very, very expansive roadmap and background set up for this scene, akin to the scale of Octo Lab, however, I figured it would take too long for me to accomplish and would be difficult to complete with such a improv-like method of doing things. Especially with RPers that would enter the RP mid-story and be too confused.

The idea-creation for this RP has honestly been difficult as well. And while you guys did approach with some interesting and great ideas for it, some of them would've been too little to do or would require additional OOC interaction between me and the players, circling back to my issues with times.

I'm basically looking for two people to step up and become the GMs of Zapfish whilst I step down. "Why the reason for two GMs", you may be asking yourself. Well, it's because this is a two-person task manned by one teenager in his basement. I can't manage this and all my other problems alone, or even with another person.

So, if anyone is up to GMing Zapfish. Just message me, I'll put you through your paces with a couple of questions, then I'll hand control over to you. If you do feel like continuing the current storyline going on right now, because it has currently been paused before an action-part, just ask and I'll supply you with the stuff I prepared.

Tl;dr, this RP is on pause unless two people want to GM for it. Perhaps with the coming of summer break, people may have more time.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
I wouldn't mine being a GM as well. I have a lot of experience from other places and kinda wanna try taking charge. I hate it when a roleplay dies.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Welp, it seems as though only @MacSmitty has applied and accepted for the role of GM. JoJo, the other applicant, has declined, stating that she has problems of her own to deal with. With no one else applying, I've little choice but to hand it over to MacSmitty.

However, since hefting the casual weight of Zapfish on one person is quite heavy as it entails many, many posts. I will still maintain this thread and basically act like a VERY LAWFUL adviser of sorts for any newcomers to the RP. If they have any questions, they can ask either me or MacSmitty if he's online. We'll both be ready to answer any questions you may have.

Again, ideas will still be accepted. Although we would prefer them to be developed and explained to some extent. As some of them were actually quite good for a basis, but without actually developing them as that takes time for the GMs, time that would be better spent progressing the RP itself.

But... without further ado. I knight MacSmitty as the GM of Zapfish. He can do whatever now, Idc, as long as it's sensible and not foolish. For now, I will be handling Octo Lab and my various other fanfictions that are yet to be finished/posted.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Thanks for having me on board @Rustic.

@Coerulus @TACarbuncle @Zerul @JoJoTheSalty @Zawlt
So, in the next scene, Lucas introduces the group to a game of extreme tag, a game in which you use your weapons to tag someone. The system based on who gets tagged is gonna be based on Rustic's Roll's and Chance system used in the Octo Lab RP, since it's the one I'm most familiar with. If you have any questions, let me or Rustic know.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I can pop in if I feel like the population is too little. But if it's just you, me, and MacSmitty. That's hardly enough for a propa school-themed RP, now is it?

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Not really. I was waiting on the plot to continue, since no one was really interacting with Viola at the moment. But it just went silent

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Well Zawlt still comes to the site often. He viewed this thread yesterday I think. Though 4 people is a bit small for tag right?

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
So I'm being watched, am I? Yes, I would very much like to continue as much as you guys do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom