• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
"Yes, you certainly may!" Zappy giggled before opening her laptop again, this time bringing out the very expensive, newly released SonicSquid brand headphones from her bag under the table and plugging the end cord into her laptop. "Wanna listen? It's the Squid Sister's newest song, Ink the Sky!" @Zawlt

(You have a typo btw, slowly read over your last post, specifically the word after 'shook her' lol)

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
(I had a laughing fit after I saw what you mentioned, yeah the whole absent-minded comment doesn't just retain to my character lol)

"Oh?" he said as he slipped his bamboo hat behind him to hang by its string. He wasn't aware that they had a new song to drop, "Sounds interesting, but how're we both gonna listen with just one pair of headphones?" he asked her.

@⭐️Zapfish⭐️

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
"Uh...um!" Zappy blushes. "Y-you can listen first." Smiling, she handed Zawlt the headphones and hit the space bar on her laptop. Her art was still up on the screen, waiting to be highlighted... @Zawlt

(Lol, glad I could make you laugh! :D)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Huh... Ok." Lucas responded at Coerulus's explanation.
"
Say... do you know about that girl over there?" he asked, pointing at Neri. "She's all by herself while we're speaking to each other, Viola and Zerul are chatting, and then there's Zawlt and 'art girl' rockin to a new jam."
@Coerulus @ayyumeme
(I'm gonna take a while to respond since I'm in a location outside the U.S. with limited internet access)

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
Taking another bite of sushi, he looked to the girl in question and shook his head. "No, I don't think I ever saw her before. She must be new to the academy." he replied. @MacSmitty

[no problems here! where did ya travel to?]

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
"Okay, if ya say so, Zaps," Zawlt said as he took the headphones from her. He put them on and started nodding his head to the song going through his ears. Zawlt then saw a work-in-progress on her laptop with a line going straight through it, "Oohh, so this was what you were doin' before I showed up," Zawlt said to her, "and I'm guessing I was responsible for this part of it huh?" he continued as he pointed at the line.

@⭐️Zapfish⭐️

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
"Uh, yeah... But really, it's no problem at all...I can just undo it, see?" Zappy wove her hand through the maze that the jumbled headphone cord created and clicked the 'undo' button once. Nothing happened.
Zappy frowned and tried once more, again to no avail. After unsuccessfully attempting the same procedure a multitude of times, she gave a strange smile. There was a hidden hint of fear in her eyes as she moved the cursor up to the eraser button...but before she could select it, the application crashed and her computer shut down.
Zappy's mouth opened. "My entry for Paint the Turf art contest..."

Slowly, without looking at Zawlt, not wanting to blame him for what was undoubtedly his fault, Zappy unplugged the headphones from the laptop and slouched in her seat. It was evident that she was very depressed. @Zawlt

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Well, it's not like I'm living on my own yet." Viola said, scratching the back of her head. "I don't mind helping a friend out with whatever I earn from matches!" She continued, giving a big grin.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul blushed. "Well. I guess I can't refuse if you want to give me money." He rubs the back of his head as he blushes a bit. embarrassed that she would help him out like that. especially since he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

@TACarbuncle

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Ah I see." Lucas says looking down at the table.
"
...Hey, you wanna see this new manga me and Andrew fandubbed?" Lucas asks holding his phone up. @Coerulus
(For your question, I'm in St. Lucia!)

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"Sure!" he said happily with a nod, opening the thermos and poured the smoothie into the cup before moving his chair over some more so he could see the screen of Lucas' phone. "Which manga did you two fandub?" @MacSmitty
[sounds awesome! hope you're having fun there, limited internet aside lol]

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
The orange inkling looked at Lucas a second time, wondering if she could try to talk to him. She wouldn't do well if she didn't make any friends, after all.
@MacSmitty
(Sorry for responding so late, last few days have been super busy!)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"The manga is called 'Rain'. Apparently a male and female Inkling are leaving school when it starts to rain." Lucas explains scrolling through the videos.
Looking around and catching Neri looking at him specifically, he stands up a bit and calls out to her.
"
Hey. Do you want to listen to a fandub I'm in?"
@Coerulus @ayyumeme

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Neri had been lost in her own thoughts until she noticed Lucas saying something to her. Taking a deep breath, she got up and began to walk over to the table he was sitting at.
"Uh...I guess so..." She said in a shaky voice before she found an empty seat and sat down.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
The light blue Inkling sprouted a worried look on his face before finding the fandub in question.
"...Ok..." was Lucas's response.
Holding out his phone for Coerulus and Neri to see, the fandub starts with a manga page containing a orange Inkling girl with an emotionless expression staring outside her school doors which showed rain.
"
It started raining, despite the weather forecast..." came the Inkling girls voice. As the words were said, the text appeared on the screen, one after another. "What should I do...?" she wondered, as the girl did not have an umbrella.
@Coerulus @ayyumeme

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
She stared at the small screen with curiosity; she'd always liked things like this. She'd actually hoped that she could do one of her own one day.
@MacSmitty

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
"Ugh, me and my big mouth," he thought as Zaps went into a depressive slump. He never had good skill in cheering people up. Zawlt thought simply apologizing would NOT be enough knowing the importance on the picture. He then crossed his arms, closed his eyes and started to think of what he could possibly do to make it up to his hopefully new friend.

@⭐️Zapfish⭐️

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"It's no problem, really. I don't really use much of it anyway." Viola said, pulling a bag of chips out of her bag. "Want some?" She asked, holding the bag out to Zerul.

@Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul shakes his head. "No thanks. I got my fill already." sits there unsure what to do until the bell rings again.

@TACarbuncle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom