• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola shrugged. "Well, whatever you think is best. No one here will let anything happen to you!" She said, giving a confident smile.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul @TACarbuncle @MacSmitty @Coerulus @Zawlt @ayyumeme @Vivian @⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Aria watched the quiet Inkling catch up to the main group. Soon everyone reached the Kettle in no time. The area around it felt humid and hot, getting progressively warmer the closer they stood near it. Soon, everyone was sweating. Aria went to the spout of the kettle, flipping open the metal cover. She moved to a terminal and pressed a couple buttons on it. She set a destination and tuned it to transport the entire group.

Forge looked at the Kettle and whispered to Mr. Porta. "Does anyone else think of a teapot when you look at that thing?"
"That's what it was likely based off, Coach." Mr. Porta replied, looking at the Kettle.

Aria looked up from the terminal, done with all the calibrations and button-pressing. "Alright, so Mr. Porta, I think? You can't take the Kettle route because you're not an Ink-based life form. As you're, well, a Jellyfish. You can't be evaporated into a state that allows you to be transported by the Kettle, which evaporates our Octopus--or Squid-- forms and then uses a sophisticated ventilation system to blow the newly-aerosolized people to a location of their choosing. In our case is Dome #3, the city of Avalon."

"That's interesting. And... Mr. Porta can't join us. Nice." Forge said, realizing that the kids are probably internally panicking about losing one of their teachers early on.

Aria slightly shook her head, "no, he can. He just has to take the long way down," she pointed to a set of doors that had black and yellow stripes on the bottom of it. Quickly, she said, "don't mind the stripes on the bottom of the doors. It's just an elevator used to transport heavy items and other things. We'll just use it for now. I'm sure they won't mind it if we borrow it just for you. It's just 1550 feet down... probably."

She opened it and Mr. Porta got onto the platform and she sent it down, "it'll be best if you got a head start."
"Yes... that would be best." Mr. Porta groaned, a sustained blurble could be heard as the elevator went down. Slowly at first, but gained speed as it went.

"Okay, now everyone. Onto the Kettle, the grate specifically because it won't work if you go in the spout. In fact, it'll break it." She started, walking onto the Kettle. The students gathered onto the Kettle, a nervous murmur arising among them as they questioned the safety of using it. Like they usually do. Despite the fact they play a sport that involves shooting people for fun.

"On three." Aria started, she stuck out a finger for each number as she counted down. "One... two... three!"

Everyone simultaneously morphed into their respective forms, dropping into the Kettle. They felt a hot, airy sensation like they were being flung around in a very turbulent and overheated airplane. If anyone could see through the dark interior of the Kettle, they could see the menagerie of colours. Before long, however, they were all spat out by another Kettle at the end.

The students picked themselves up, dusting themselves off as they looked around their new environment. It was nighttime. The city was huge, floating skyscapers drifted lazily above connected by Inkrails and bridges. While saucers zipped around them. All of this was complimented by a smoggy night backdrop. Probably to reflect that's what a city's sky usually turns to. "Sorry everyone," Aria said, having landed gracefully while everyone did not, "I forgot to warn you guys about the kinetic output of large-scale kettle transportation." She looked mildly disappointed in herself about it.

"It's fine, now let's go to... wherever." Forge replied, giving a glance back to the students before looking at them again to look at a new student, one with Lilac tentacles. "Wait, Aria, when did she get here?" He asked.

"Oh! Seems like the Kettle pipelines might have gotten jammed and she was stuck in there. Probably would've taken a while to get her out, cleaning kettle pipelines is quite a difficult job. But it seems like everyone going into it unstuck her from the pipe." She explained what happened to Vivian, before asking. "you okay there? Anything hurt? I can get you to the doctor if anything is."

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul was hesitant of such a large mass being transported. He knew there could be complications but that was quickly dashed when everyone +1 arrived at the new pad. Zerul helps the others up onto their feet. Once he did that he leaps over to the elevator to greet mr porter who was proabably in shock over the speed it was going.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Ugh..." Viola groaned as she stood up, rubbing her head. "That could have gone better..." She said, before looking around the buildings. "Whoa...."

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas landed on his back sweating from the kettle trip. Ouch! ...As fun as that trip was, I really don't want to feel like I'm about to die of dehydration anytime soon... Or landing hard on the ground... He thought while wiping the sweat off of his face with his hoodie before taking it off and slinging it on his shoulder.

Following the group he looked at the wonder city sight before with an amazed look.
Wow... this looks amazing!

He however didn't notice that there was a new student nearby, so when the girl was pointed out, he turned to her and was a bit freaked out by her slightly taller and intimidating look he slowly moved away in order to not get in her way.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Zawlt was actually surprised when he heard where they would be going, "Avalon huh? I think that's where they live...," he thought. After their transport trip he was literally coated in sweat from the sweltering heat of the kettle. He then reached into his backpack and pulled out another shirt to replace his soaked green hoodie. He then took off the hoodie and put on the Octo Tee shirt. After he took care of that he looked around at his surroundings, and to his surprise he recognized quite alot of the domed city, but he didn't know if he should speak up about his past experience there.

Vivian

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
It was cramped, uncomfortably warm, and worst of all dark. Vivian cursed herself as she struggled in the pipes and soon became more frantic as it became increasingly hotter. She regretted not paying attention to what bus she boarded in a desperate attempt to avoid her grandfather who insisted she bring at least an N-ZAP with her. I'm so going to die here. She thought miserably as she could hear an unfamiliar voice speaking, in an informative tone. An Octling or a teacher. Vivian thought, hopeful that they would notice her, but as soon as the sunlight from above the kettle became blocked with the feet of her classmates that hope was gone. Before she could open her mouth to warn them, they were gone, all coming down the pipes at once but to her luck applied just enough force to get her unstuck of her predicament. Praise The Great Zapfish!

The lilac colored inkling blinked in confusion at the sight of the city but was stuck in the pipe for so long that her eyes quickly adjusted to the nighttime darkness, her eyes widening in surprise, it wasn't anything she ever saw before and was clearly impressed. I guess it was worth getting stuck? Vivian joked with herself rubbing her lower back, clearly sore as anyone else who feel as 'gracefully' as she did. "N-no, ma'am!" she answered, her voice pitching higher than it usually is "I-I'm fine, nothing hurt from the pipe, just from the fall, Ma'am!" something about the Octling reminded Vivian of her grandfather's unforgiving 'homemade military training' and that was enough to kick a few gears in her head, just enough to refer to her as she would to any other military official. It wasn't the fact Aria was an Octling that intimidated Vivian, it was more of the fact she looked like she could punch her face in at any given second with no effort required, but if she was kind enough to ask if she was alright she would try and return the kindness as much as her social awkwardness would allow.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
When they all emerged from the pipe, the older squid winced just a little as he went to stand. "Well that could've been a bit of a better landing." he murmured as they were assisted and made sure Coerulus was alright before taking a look at where they landed. To see such a city was definitely an eye opener for them both, Coerulus in awe at the city and the dazzling lights. "Wow...this is amazing!" he said happily before hearing that an extra student had joined them and turned to see who it was.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul

After a while of waiting, a long while. The elevator finally arrived to reveal Mr. Porta holding onto a railing, arms and legs wrapped around it as he held on. His eyes were shut, and he looked as though he was holding onto the railing for dear life. "D-did it stop?" He asked, not wanting to let go of the elevator's railing.
---
@Vivian

Aria glanced at the kid, wondering how long she was stuck in that pipe. "You don't look terrible. So... that's a start." She went, concerned over the kid. "Well, I'm sure a bump isn't gonna hurt you badly." She shrugged, noncommittal to that statement because she didn't know if Inklings were wusses or could take a punch.

She looked over to the others, none of them seemed to be suffering from anything other than an awkward landing. "Now we just have to wait for that weird kid to return with Mr. Porta..." Aria mumbled quietly to the point where it was like she merely mouthed it, glancing at where the kid ran off to.

Before she turned her attention back to the kid, noting that she seemed to be wary of her. "What class were you part of, Miss?" Aria asked, bringing herself down to her height in an attempt to seem more friendly. Forge stepped in beside her, scrutinizing Vivian as if trying to remember her name. "Who're you?"

Vivian

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
@Rustic

She tried not to pay mind to Aria's comment, only assuming that it was just natural for Octlings and ones in the 'force' for that matter to speak more abrasively, but that didn't stop her from looking at her outfit to make sure everything was in place. She'd fallen from much higher places during rank matches, so a bump was nothing to her. Before she could adventure, or at least take in a little more of floating structures, Aria returned her attention to her, even bending down to an eye level which reminded her of how people who approach a timid animal. Vivian felt a small headache coming on, understanding of Aria's questioning, but just a bit offended by the teachers.

"My name is Vivian Ambis," She said, trying to keep her voice steady and loud enough for them both to hear "I was supposed to be a part of another class from a few hours ago, but I took the wrong bus and got stuck in the pipe, and since I wasn't a part of that class I guess nobody noticed me missing until now."

More like no one knew you were missing until you popped you out of that pipe. Speak up, you moron! Just a few minutes after being unintentionally rescued and she was already criticizing herself like a snot nosed inkling rating a movie. She offered the two a weak smile as she clasped her hands nervously, feeling the curious stares of other ink-life students.

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul chuckles and helps Mr. Porter off of the railing. "Come on now. I know it's a rough ride down. I have had to go through that myself once or twice." He leads Mr. Porter back to the group where everyone seemed to be better now they had a chance to recover from being boiled.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola looked over to the new student and smiled, trotting over and holding her hand out. "Pleasure to meet you Vivian! My name is Viola!" She said, giving a big smile.

@Vivian

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Neri slowly got up, stumbling a little. Going through the kettle made her awfully dizzy for whatever reason. As she adjusted her glasses, she looked up toward the bright lights of the city in front of her. She'd never seen one this big, and honestly, she was quite amazed at the sight of it all.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas gave a relieved sigh at Vivians timid nature. He didn't know anyone so scary looking could be so shy. Deciding to kill time before he and the rest of the group continued their tour, he joined Viola with greting Vivian.
"Hi there Vivian. I'm Lucas Brooklyn." he greets while offering his fist to her to do a fistpump.
@Vivian

Vivian

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Vivian's body stiffened as the two students addressed her, and nearly flinching as Lucas held up a fist. The fact fist bumping was a thing entirely slipping her mind for a brief moment. "Hello to you two as well," she said offering the two a weak wave and returning Luca's fist with a soft bump from her own. "I-it would be pointless to introduce myself since you already know my name, but I look forward to participating in this field trip with the both of you!" her voice made it clear she was nervous, but that didn't mean she wasn't happy. She finished her small announcement with an awkward, but earnest smile.

@MacSmitty @TACarbuncle

Last edited:

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
Looking back to the additional student revealed to be Vivian, the marigold inkling smiled a little as he stepped over as well. "I'm sure the rest of the class will welcome you with open arms no problem, Vivian." he spoke, Coerulus moving to stand a mix between hiding behind his leg and standing to his side, waving a little to Lucas when he spotted the other boy.

@MacSmitty @Vivian

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas gave a small grin at Vivian fistbumping him. Before noting Coerulus's father also greeting the new girl. Walking over to the two, he looks up to Coerulus father with a neutral face. "Hi sir. I'm Lucas, as you've probably heard me say. I'm one of Coerulus's battle buddies. And a victim of his Kraken suprise attacks." He finished, deadpanning.
@Coerulus

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
The marigold looked down to him before giving another warm smile. "Ah, I have heard stories about you, Lucas. And yes, those kraken surprises have been learned well from the only other in the family that uses them as much as my little squiddie here does. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Illex Feathertail but no need for any formalities. Just Illex is fine." he greeted as he held a hand out to Lucas. @MacSmitty

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Seeing everyone else talking to the new squid, Viola decided not to crowd her more and walked over to Zerul. "Is everything alright?" She asked, looking at Mr. Porta.

@Rustic @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul hears Viola and smiles at her. "Yea. just the shock from how fast these mag lift elevators can go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom