Zelda Tr4sh Thread - BAN ZELDA

Should Zelda be banned from competitive play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flight

Pro Squid

Since the post count subject is kinda getting boring.. I have nothing else to talk about, but.. this will probably be my next icon starting on June. I just need to redraw it in Paint Tool SAI with a different art style. Giving the current one a final month.

Yeah, my Aspyr character has two eyes.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Since the post count subject is kinda getting boring.. I have nothing else to talk about, but.. this will probably be my next icon starting on June. I just need to redraw it in Paint Tool SAI with a different art style. Giving the current one a final month.

Yeah, my Aspyr character has two eyes.
That's cool. I've having this whole revolution thing with my avatar on Smashboards.

Flight

Pro Squid
That's cool. I've having this whole revolution thing on my avatar on Smashboards.
You mean, those solid color avatars with no characters or decorations? Yeah, I saw. It must be something created by the Smashboards version of this thread. I have a tendency to use my own creations as avatars. It's been that way since 2010.

The Aspyr character wouldn't be created until early 2013, though.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You mean, those solid color avatars with no characters or decorations? Yeah, I saw. It must be something created by the Smashboards version of this thread. I have a tendency to use my own creations as avatars. It's been that way since 2010.

The Aspyr character wouldn't be created until early 2013, though.
Oddly enough, it started on the 1337th page. Then some of us raided crayola.com for no apparent reason. It was just weird.

Flight

Pro Squid
Oddly enough, it started on the 1337th page. Then some of us raided crayola.com for no apparent reason. It was just weird.
Leetspeak's page? Lol.
Well, since Crayola is all about colors, I guess the solid-colored avatars make sense.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
Ummm....
Zelda Social Thread?

Obligatory:

I reserve the right to splatter the first person that tells me to GTFO.

berserker.

Inkling
I think I should explore the other threads also

I might change my avatar to something more fitting to Splatoon

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't know, I have had fun in the other threads. I even made a lot of my own. It is fun being the first. Not a luxury you get that much in smashboards. :3

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Ah, this thread is quiet again. I'll just dump my wall of text here.

Note: What you're about to read is my personal opinions on some matters. English is not my first language, so expect some wording issues.

First and foremost, I would like talk about some of my opinions on Smash 4. In recent news it seems like Smash 4 have almost the same amount of participants as Melee at EVO. This is at least above a thousand entrances. This news really surprised me because I never would have thought Smash 4 could reach such numbers. There are many factors to explain this. One of them is that Smash 4 is a new game, so obviously it's going to be popular. Although, I'll not attend EVO because of travel reasons. I'm exited to see what events will transpire there.

2 stocks or 3 stocks. It's a question that many don't really have an answer for. My opinion is neutral on the matter. I'm fine with either one. But I'm going to present some arguments for both 2 stocks and 3 stocks. The first argument for 2 stocks is that it's Sakurai's ruleset. Sakurai, the director of this game seems to prefer 2 stocks as it is used in For Glory. I personally think this is a weak argument. The second argument is that it's easier for viewers to digest from home. Viewers are important to the growth of Smash 4 as they themselves may enter tournaments on their own one day. The final argument for 2 stocks is that it can save/conserve time for TOs. Now we start for the arguments for 3 stocks. The first argument for it is that players can be more lenient in making mistakes. This means if a player somehow loses their stock on a SD. It may cause them to lose the whole set. The second argument for 3 stocks is that players can have more consistency in their results. This can be beneficial to the players entering the tournaments,

Now we move on to the custom debate. I'm neutral and a bit for customs. I''m aware some customs have certain properties that are annoying to deal with such as Windboxes. Sakurai have stated before that he didn't put in too much of an emphasis on balancing the custom moves. Although, some customs have been tweaked in recent patches. Customs are hard to get in game, it's hard and time consuming to obtain customs in the game. Now, there are certain methods in how to make grinding for custom moves easier. They can help out certain characters become better. Such as WFT/DK/Palutena. In Japan customs are not preferred because the Japanese see customs are for less skilled players. This is somewhat true because if you're skillful you can overcome a MU purely by skill and not relying on a custom move to help you out.

All in all, I think it's for the best if we all can just stick to one ruleset. Unfortunately, it's not something I can see happening in the near future.

Now, I'll talk about my time here on this site. This site is is very well made. It's really good. I haven't had any problems whatsoever on the site. The people here are nice and friendly. I myself have made quite a few new friends here. Had some hiccups here and there because of my incompetence. I'm exited to see the direction this community is going. We're all exited for the launch of Splatoon, which I have a good impression so far from what little I've had played. As for me, I'll continue to greet the new members, voice my opinions on the game and help out anyone who's in need. I told you I was going type down something long and boring. Thanks for scaling the wall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom