Zelda Tr4sh Thread - BAN ZELDA

Should Zelda be banned from competitive play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenniky

Inkling
Ah, Squidboards Zelda Social. Never change.

I've reading up on some Smash jargon. I've never really looked into it. But there are some new jargon that I've recently learned. Cool stuff.

Been scouring the internet for some Zelda/Wii Fit/DDD. Speaking of DDD, I found out something really interesting about him. Not sure weather to reveal it or not. I suspect it to already be discovered but not by many.

I've also come in contact with various other mains to read up on some matchups. Got some super secret stuff. Maybe with this, I can actually beat this Sonic main in my local. Talking about locals, I suspect mine is the only one that I have knowledge of in my entire country. Really small too. At it's peak we get around 30~ people. It's the reason, have not submitted my results on Smashboards. My local is more of a gathering than an actual tourney.Where anyone can enter for fun. It doesn't even have a name. The TO, doesn't use Challonge or TioPro. He uses pen and paper. I've talked to him about submitting the results but to him it's not important at all. I could do it myself, but it's too much of a hassle to me. Honestly, I don't care about ranks.

On the topic of DDD, I already have him tourney ready, it's really good in my eyes. I've modeled it after Gunbade's and Luminous's. Unlike them however, I'm taking advantage of DDD's customs. Which have really interesting properties all on their own. As for Zelda, I believe she is decent. More of risk vs reward sort of character. Although, I've only have started to main her in this game. In Brawl, I used to use Ganondorf, pretty much the only competitive Ganon in the whole country. To me as a new Zelda main she is very hard to use at first. My decision to main her are quite silly, truth be told. Unfortunately, my dear reader it's a secret. On a whole she's mid. Not good, not bad. Her matchups are the sole reason I've decided to do a main rotation approach in this game. My time with Zelda may be short but I've found some success in using her. On the topic of Zelda's customs. Most of them are terrible. However, there are some that have interesting properties. I've taken advantage of these properties and have integrated it into my playstyle. For those wondering I've modeled my playstyle after Ven's and Macchiato's. Ven is most likely the most successful Zelda main in the Western Hemisphere. Wii Fit on the other hand is the only one of my mains, that is considered good with customs on. The only time I've used her is in dire situations. I've modeled her after Waveguider's and Big D's.

I've been thinking on which character I'll use in the next rotation. One of the new ones is Falco. I've worked up my Falco for a while now, it's time to spread his wings, I suppose.
Super secret DDD tech ooooOOOOoooOOoOoo

Good luck! Show them that Dedede is, indeed, already perfect.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Super secret DDD tech ooooOOOOoooOOoOoo

Good luck! Show them that Dedede is, indeed, already perfect.
I told people DDD isn't that bad of a character. But... after looking into it he has a lot of tools the other heavies don't have. He stuggles in a lot of matchups but he can also easily make a comeback.

Thanks, for reading through the whole thing.

Lavani

Inkling
Truthfully he is the hardest character to KO in the game, and his edgeguarding's top notch.

He has an even worse time approaching than other heavies though. Charizard/Bowser/DK run quickly, Bowser has passive heavy armor, DK has good air speed...Ganon kinda sucks at approaching too I guess, but he hits a lot harder and kills way earlier so it's kinda justified. I'd be more enthused about Dedede if he killed around 20% earlier I guess, outside of sweetspot usmash his kill power scarily isn't much better than that of a character like Pit or Mario.

It's just unfortunate that he can be camped so easily by characters like Mega Man and Sheik.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Truthfully he is the hardest character to KO in the game, and his edgeguarding's top notch.

He has an even worse time approaching than other heavies though. Charizard/Bowser/DK run quickly, Bowser has passive heavy armor, DK has good air speed...Ganon kinda sucks at approaching too I guess, but he hits a lot harder and kills way earlier so it's kinda justified. I'd be more enthused about Dedede if he killed around 20% earlier I guess, outside of sweetspot usmash his kill power scarily isn't much better than that of a character like Pit or Mario.

It's just unfortunate that he can be camped so easily by characters like Mega Man and Sheik.
I know, if he didn't have these problems, he would be broken. So I'm glad in a way. Exited to use him in the next tourney. Bad MUs is the very reason I did the rotation thing.

berserker.

Inkling
It's funny how opinions change really fast

Dedede was thought to be good against Sheik during the early days and Robin was high tier

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It's funny how opinions change really fast

Dedede was thought to be good against Sheik during the early days and Robin was high tier
Yeah, well people started to wise up. I still shudder that people used to think Megaman is low tier.

Lavani

Inkling
I can't even tell what it is

also I believe the agreement was "no changing your avatar for 2 weeks", not "no changing your avatar on SWF for 2 weeks" :198:

berserker.

Inkling
I can't even tell what it is

also I believe the agreement was "no changing your avatar for 2 weeks", not "no changing your avatar on SWF for 2 weeks" :198:
Changed it because it was too small

and naaah. It's self-explanatory.

I don't take this account that seriously so it only matters in SWF :^)

If he sees this and brings it up, jokes on him /scumbag

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom