• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Advanced Tech Thread

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
Just press down+ZL+y. That's it. You turn around faster in squid form so walk backwards slightly, go squid then press y. I've been doing that since the last testfire (that i stayed in for 6 days after it ended because i'm a crazy person). Jumping just wastes time imo

oops. this was suppose to be a reply to jiggily

Matt_Piscopo

Inkling
NNID
Mattou2
What is exactly does this do and how do you perform it? The only difference I can really see is that the charge symbol doesn't disappear when the cancel is used.
It cancel the splat + the noise,if you do this and have the squid ninja abilities it makes you invisible.
You perform it by turning into a kid some frames before touching the ground and then directly go in squid form.

I hope you can understand me ; i'm french :3

WydrA

Inkling Commander
It cancel the splat + the noise,if you do this and have the squid ninja abilities it makes you invisible.
You perform it by turning into a kid some frames before touching the ground and then directly go in squid form.

I hope you can understand me ; i'm french :3
I think i'm understanding you right. You're saying the cancel is cancelling the noise of you plopping into ink right?

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
This is kind of useless but here it goes... If your climbing up a wall and there is no ink up that part you are climbing, ink suddenly is summoned from the fourth dimension or whatever and placed on it so you go up just a bit higher. Not exactly "Advanced."

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
PSA, Splatdashing with a Burst Bomb Bomb Rush spreads a TON of ink and moves you really fast. It adds a good niche use to an honestly underwhelming Super.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
I only see one tech... The rest is common sense.
Thanks so much for your insightful and informative input. You've truly added to the discussion. :rolleyes:

This is kind of useless but here it goes... If your climbing up a wall and there is no ink up that part you are climbing, ink suddenly is summoned from the fourth dimension or whatever and placed on it so you go up just a bit higher. Not exactly "Advanced."
If you mean the fact that you can swim over very small spaces where there isn't ink, then that's not a tech, that's just a buffer that's present throughout the game. If you mean something else let me know, (it was a little hard to understand what you were talking about exactly).

Yes,the noise and the splash
Well that does seem to be a tech. not a very useful one unfortunately but it is a tech. :p

PSA, Splatdashing with a Burst Bomb Bomb Rush spreads a TON of ink and moves you really fast. It adds a good niche use to an honestly underwhelming Super.
Seems useful. Would be cool if you could get some footage. Also you should post in the original splatdashing thread. (http://squidboards.com/threads/splatdashing-an-advanced-technique.503/)

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Posted.

I keep forgetting that Smash players hold a different meaning for the word tech compared to other games lol

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Posted.

I keep forgetting that Smash players hold a different meaning for the word tech compared to other games lol
They actually don't, it's just a combination of the nature of the games, the developer's views on the games and some unconfirmed rumours that seems to make it that way :)

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
They actually don't, it's just a combination of the nature of the games, the developer's views on the games and some unconfirmed rumours that seems to make it that way :)
Well I mean, tech in other games simply refers to uses of game mechanics that weren't immeditely apparent. In Smash, it tends to need to be a glitch or something more technical, right?

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Well I mean, tech in other games simply refers to uses of game mechanics that weren't immeditely apparent. In Smash, it tends to need to be a glitch or something more technical, right?
Wel the definition of tech is a little more complicated than that, but I won't go into exacts right now. I'm thinking of making a post on it since it's kind f a confusing and imprecise concept, but that definition works for now I guess.
But what you hink of as smash techs is what most people think of them. But that's actually not exactly correct. Smash does use the same definition of everyone else, they just have that reputation of it being "glitchy" stuff because like I said fist of all the nature of the game includes a really really strange physics engine tht causes a lot of the techs to either look glitchy or actually come from unintentional/glitchy stuff. That's also why a lot of smash tech is so complicated. Simple inputs have been fixed on the engine but more complicated ones lead to unexpected results due to the engine not really knowing how to handle it. SThe second and third reason are kind of related. Sakurai's views that having a big skill gap between players i a bad thing meant that when people discovered things that allowed for a big skill gap, they assumed that those things weren't meant to be in the game and those beliefs turned into popular rumours.
In melee the two" biggies', wavedash and L cancel, were intentionally not fixed and purposely put in respectively. The only game that actually heavily relied on glitches for tech was brawl, because Sakurai tried to sabotage stuff but could only really do it or some basic things. Also for some reason brawl just had way more glitches. Maybe because it was already behind schedule so they didn't have as much time to bug test. But dacus, bdacus, glide toss, and a bunch of other stuff were all "glitches" so to speak. I think the only at that was in that was supposed to be in for that game was teching, which has been present in all the games. For some reason I really can't fathom Sakurai hasn't changed his opinion to have a problem with teching, even though it's a very similar concept to L cancelling.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Remember: the fact you don't use it doesn't make it useless.
Listen. Splatterhopping when we first learned about it was at e3 2014. Back then most of us had barely played it at all and we were still getting used to the motion controls, etc. It was viable then. Now if you go into any A or B ranked lobby and try splatterhopping you will quickly get gunned down. The meta is too advanced to be tricked by this. I don't do it myself, but I see other people doing it and killing them is like stealing candy from a baby. In Turf Wars this isn't viable because your point is to spread ink. In ranked battles it isn't viable from moving to the base to the battle field because it is much quicker to use a teammate as a traveling partner. Were you trying to make this a repeat of what that one guy posted on your wall about trolls in the tech thread? Because that just dissapoints me. I followed you because you were interesting.

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
splatter hopping is ***, nearly all the tech here is useless

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Listen. Splatterhopping when we first learned about it was at e3 2014. Back then most of us had barely played it at all and we were still getting used to the motion controls, etc. It was viable then. Now if you go into any A or B ranked lobby and try splatterhopping you will quickly get gunned down. The meta is too advanced to be tricked by this. I don't do it myself, but I see other people doing it and killing them is like stealing candy from a baby. In Turf Wars this isn't viable because your point is to spread ink. In ranked battles it isn't viable from moving to the base to the battle field because it is much quicker to use a teammate as a traveling partner. Were you trying to make this a repeat of what that one guy posted on your wall about trolls in the tech thread? Because that just dissapoints me. I followed you because you were interesting.
splatter hopping is ***, nearly all the tech here is useless
Kill me. I have to explain this way too frinking much.
The reason you think splatterhopping is useless is because you're using it for the wrong frinking reason. It's not an evasion tehnique, it's a movement tech. It gets you places faster. You obviously don't just splatterhop around in the middle of the fight unless you're surrounded by enemy ink, because in tha case you get out faster and you're no more vulnerable than you would have been anyway.
Read this, apply the same logic to splatterhopping, and take your (already disproven) arguments there please if you really feel the need: http://squidboards.com/threads/splatdashing-an-advanced-technique.503/

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
Kill me. I have to explain this way too frinking much.
The reason you think splatterhopping is useless is because you're using it for the wrong frinking reason. It's not an evasion tehnique, it's a movement tech. It gets you places faster. You obviously don't just splatterhop around in the middle of the fight unless you're surrounded by enemy ink, because in tha case you get out faster and you're no more vulnerable than you would have been anyway.
Read this, apply the same logic to splatterhopping, and take your (already disproven) arguments there please if you really feel the need: http://squidboards.com/threads/splatdashing-an-advanced-technique.503/
i know this though.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Already disproven? I don't think so. More like proven. You will almost never have to use splatterhopping in any situation. That is the only thing proven.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
i know this though.
Then you must be misunderstanding something.

Already disproven? I don't think so. More like proven. You will almost never have to use splatterhopping in any situation. That is the only thing proven.
Wow looks like I could have not used it all the times I did use it to save my life and things would have turned out just fine! Wish someone had told me that before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom