• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Advanced Tech Thread

LemonPlaid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Exo-Josh
This entire Advanced Tech concept is pretty absurd. Especially this WydrA guy who white knights every advanced tech that's posted on here. Nothing on this thread is viable and especially not "advanced"

1o2

Inkling Cadet
This entire Advanced Tech concept is pretty absurd. Especially this WydrA guy who white knights every advanced tech that's posted on here. Nothing on this thread is viable and especially not "advanced"
I agree that none of this tech is advanced by any means, but splatterdashing is useful for conserving ink while moving into an area. I'll admit 9/10 you won't ever need to use it, but if traveling off on your own into an area it comes in handy. If Splatoon becomes huge and develops a competitive scene will this be used? Eh probably kept in mind but almost never seen. Powerthrowing on the other hand is incredibly useful, is increasing bomb range not "viable" to you? While defending an area it isn't hard to just quickly move, jump, and throw a bomb. You'd actually surprised how useful this is.

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
Honestly, whenever I see "Advance tech" anywhere near Splatoon I giggle. Not because I don't think the game has depth or anything, it just seems kinda.. odd. Mots of the "advance tech"s I see are just really obvious things in a game that I would have called a "cool strategy" in games as a kid when I'd find something really obvious. No offense or anything, I'm glad to see the game have a competitive audience.
Agreed. Lol

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
When I think of "advanced tech", I think of techniques that you would never really develop just by playing the game. While I'm sure Splatoon has the potential for advanced play methods, I think it's a bit too early for anything that will really be a huge game changer. Right now, nothing has really been developed that puts a gulf between the people who play very competitively, and those who just play frequently. What we've got right now are some neat strategies that help in certain situations, and while useful, I wouldn't say are super advanced, and in most cases people can probably figure them out on their own given enough time.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Cool talk about me like I can't read and diss me for having a different opinion than me despite never actually having interacted with me. Not a **** move a all. (Y)
Btw you might want to look up the definition of white knight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom