• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Advanced Tech Thread

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
Then you must be misunderstanding something.

Wow looks like I could have not used it all the times I did use it to save my life and things would have turned out just fine! Wish someone had told me that before!
all i said is that it is ***, i never said what type of tech it is

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Then you must be misunderstanding something.

Wow looks like I could have not used it all the times I did use it to save my life and things would have turned out just fine! Wish someone had told me that before!
I thought you said splatterhopping wasn't for evasion techniques!

WydrA

Inkling Commander
I thought you said splatterhopping wasn't for evasion techniques!

Kill me. I have to explain this way too frinking much.
You obviously don't just splatterhop around in the middle of the fight unless you're surrounded by enemy ink, because in tha case you get out faster and you're no more vulnerable than you would have been anyway.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Don't know why I haven't posted this here before. I posted it on a different thread.

Does ground with your colour of ink have small 'holes' (holes being small, insignificant areas of uncovered turf by your team colour) in it? Well there is a way to cover just measly amounts of ink which is pretty fast and doesn't require using a weapon but simply by using squid form.

So here's what you do:

1. Squid up to the area that has a few small spots of uncovered ink and get right on top of it.
  2. Get out of squid form
  3. Immediately return back to squid form
What will happen is that the ripple from returning into a squid and submerging into your colour will in fact push some of that ink onto the small hole. Mashing the squid button on these holes can eliminate them.

Lets go over the perks of it:

• You don't waste ink since it doesn't use a weapon
  • It is the fastest option to cover them albeit slightly because your not stuck in just the few frames of lag it takes to fire ink
  • Can work on either uncovered turf or opposition's colour of ink
Weaknesses:
  • Very low range, has to be right on top of the hole
  • It slows down your movement slightly
  • Potentially gives away your position to the opposing side
In the long run, it won't be that helpful to the cause but it may just give you an added 1%. It works best when the holes are in the direction you are going. If they are too far away, it's probably not worth it and faster just to splat it anyway.

FYI this is called Squid Splashing, On the original thread people were a little confused. They thought I was saying that they should use it all the time. There might be more effective ways of covering these holes but if you don't have those options to cover them fastly then you might want to use this. For example your using a Dynamo roller, it takes too much time to use it and it uses too much ink. Just going over them with this is a good alternative and if you miss its no biggie, just move on. You don't want to spend too much time on them because they are so small. It doesn't do much in the end but I don't think its useless.

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
Don't know why I haven't posted this here before. I posted it on a different thread.

Does ground with your colour of ink have small 'holes' (holes being small, insignificant areas of uncovered turf by your team colour) in it? Well there is a way to cover just measly amounts of ink which is pretty fast and doesn't require using a weapon but simply by using squid form.

So here's what you do:

1. Squid up to the area that has a few small spots of uncovered ink and get right on top of it.
  2. Get out of squid form
What will happen is that the ripple from returning into a squid and submerging into your colour will in fact push some of that ink onto the small hole. Mashing the squid button on these holes can eliminate them.

• It is the fastest option to cover them albeit slightly because your not stuck in just the few frames of lag it takes to fire ink
Weaknesses:
In the long run, it won't be that helpful to the cause but it may just give you an added 1%. It works best when the holes are in the direction you are going. If they are too far away, it's probably not worth it and faster just to splat it anyway.

FYI this is called Squid Splashing, On the original thread people were a little confused. They thought I was saying that they should use it all the time. There might be more effective ways of covering these holes but if you don't have those options to cover them fastly then you might want to use this. For example your using a Dynamo roller, it takes too much time to use it and it uses too much ink. Just going over them with this is a good alternative and if you miss its no biggie, just move on. You don't want to spend too much time on them because they are so small. It doesn't do much in the end but I don't think its useless.
i use this sometimes,

WydrA

Inkling Commander

So here's what you do:

2. Get out of squid form

Weaknesses:

So did you make a thread for this tech specifically? If so a link would be appreciated :)

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
So did you make a thread for this tech specifically? If so a link would be appreciated :)
No problem. Here.

Just so you know, Squid Splashing can be done in more ways. The first is described on top. The second is actually jumping out of the ink into the holes. The last one is to be in squid form outside the ink and then simply go into it but these two are slower and so worse methods of doing it.

I just found another useful thing about this. If you're trying to get up a wall and the ink to get up on the platform is just not quite long enough you can jump from the top of the ink back into it to splash some extra ink on the top. This means you can potentially save time going back down to shoot more ink or avoid enemies below to get to the top platform.

The inputs are just as simple:
  1. Swim to the top of the ink on the wall
  2. Jump from the top of ink while holding the left stick in the direction of the wall
  3. Land back in the ink (this is why you need to hold the left stick)
  4. If need be repeat until you are able to reach the platform.
The splash is limited so its not going to be a massive game changer but it is neat and worth using in my opinion.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Yeah, we need a new thread with an OP that will actually do his job.
We don't know what happened to the OP. We cannot really say that he has just been ignoring it, cause he has been gone from SquidBoards for nearly enough. Maybe the Op had come down with cancer or something. My point is, we cannot blame the OP without all the details.

That being said, maybe a moderator can take over this thread instead.I honestly wouldn't mind doing this, but I will be pretty busy for the rest of July.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
We don't know what happened to the OP. We cannot really say that he has just been ignoring it, cause he has been gone from SquidBoards for nearly enough. Maybe the Op had come down with cancer or something. My point is, we cannot blame the OP without all the details.

That being said, maybe a moderator can take over this thread instead.I honestly wouldn't mind doing this, but I will be pretty busy for the rest of July.
That came harsher then I meant. I need to work on my wording.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
I'll do it tomorrow I guess. I'm pretty active on here so I should be able to maintain the thread. Can't do it today though, got homework I've already procrastinated too long on :x

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I'll do it tomorrow I guess. I'm pretty active on here so I should be able to maintain the thread. Can't do it today though, got homework I've already procrastinated too long on :x
alright. If you do decide, maybe @TheRapture can promote you? I'd say that is up to him or the other staff members. If you do take over, we appreciate it. :)

Dave1

Inkling
Hi guys wanted to share a tech some of you may already know that comes from the grate mechanics in Splatoon. When transforming from squid form back to kid form your character is pushed upwards slightly allowing players to clip through grates that are above. The easiest way to perform this is by holding ZL and jumping as high as you can followed by releasing ZL near the grating. This technique will leave you standing in kid form on top of the grate.

In tower control you have likely experienced swimming up the tower to only fall back through the grating :p. This can be prevented by swimming up the tower and jumping and releasing squid form before reaching the grating (The tower heights are variant so you may want to lab the timings for your jumping).

Advanced uses include jumping on top of the tower without having inked the tower walls.

Here are some locations you can hop on the tower without inking it:
1) Port Mackerel- Everywhere except where the tower is at about the 8-distance count.
2) Bluefin Depot- When the tower is at rest in the middle.
3) Arowana Mall- Several hills throughout the map are high enough.
4) Kelp Dome- Everywhere except when the tower is in the air at the beginning of its path.
5) Saltspray Rig- Everywhere except when the tower is in the air.
6) Walleye Warehouse- A few locations when the tower is in the base.
7) Blackbelly Skatepark- Hard to explain this one, it's in the corner area before the tower takes a 90 degree turn.
8) Urchin Underpass- A few locations when the tower is in the base.
9) Camp Triggerfish- Everywhere.
10) Moray Towers- On the higher ground in front of the tower's path (Not very useful since the technique isn't required if you jump from further up the ramp).

Most useful on Port Mackerel, Kelp Dome, Saltspray Rig, and Camp Triggerfish.
Somewhat useful on Bluefin Depot, and Arowana Mall.
Least useful on Blackbelly Skatepark, Moray Towers, Urchin Underpass, and Walleye Warehouse.

Why use this technique?
There are three steps to climb the tower; inking the ground for quick movement, inking the tower's wall, then swimming up the wall. Clipping through the grate lets you skip the last two steps so that all you have to do to jump on the tower is ink the ground beneath your feet saving a decent chunk of time.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Honestly, whenever I see "Advance tech" anywhere near Splatoon I giggle. Not because I don't think the game has depth or anything, it just seems kinda.. odd. Mots of the "advance tech"s I see are just really obvious things in a game that I would have called a "cool strategy" in games as a kid when I'd find something really obvious. No offense or anything, I'm glad to see the game have a competitive audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom