• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Amiibo Announcement! Callie, Marie and Original recolours

Today Nintendo announced a new wave of Splatoon Amiibos hitting stores in North America on July 8th. Alongside brand new Callie and Marie Amiibos, we'll also be getting recolours of the original three Splatoon Amiibos.

The Squid Sisters will be available in a bundle for $24.99 USD

The original Splatoon Amiibos unlocked special challenges for the single player missions, and the recolours will function the very same. The Squid Sisters Amiibo however will instead allow you to listen to various Squid Sisters songs, including a couple from the Choukaigi concert in Japan! Alongside those songs, you'll also be able to change Inkopolis Plaza to it's night time appearance featured during Splatfests, and unlock new dance animations for the Squid Sisters from their live concert performance.

The original three Splatoon Amiibo in fresh new colours!

The Male and Female Inkling recolours will be available individually just as before for $12.99 USD, and you'll need to purchase the bundle package for $34.99 in order to get the Squid Amiibo like their original release.

Check out the official trailer for the new Amiibos from Nintendo below

Will you be picking up the Squid Sisters? How about the recoloured originals? Let us know in the comments and on Twitter @Squidboards!

Warchamp7

Comments

Definitely getting the Squid Sisters amiibo. Not so much the recolored versions of the original amiibo, though; I've already unlocked all the gear and everything from them, so I don't need another.

Just shut up Nintendo and take my money already. There is one thing I don't quite get. Will the recolors just be like the original 3 or will they provide new gear different from the other 3? I am up for more amiibo gear.

I'm hoping to get all five. I still haven't managed to nab any of the original three Splatoon Amiibos and they're getting more and more scarce to find in Irish shops. I'm glad they're re-releasing them (but I'd have been even more excited to see one of the recolours be in the yellow colour scheme, just because it's my favourite).
The glitter detail in Callie and Marie's outfits is adorable.

I saw it on my twitter feed, it seems like Callie and Marie unlocks Music instead of giving Challenges, i heard that there's also recolored amiibo figures too.

The recolours are so niceee. I was able to snag all of the original three amiibos from someone. I will definitely be getting all 5 of these.

I hope that at least recoloured inkling boy and girl give hero slosher and splatling if Callie and Marie don't, and then the recoloured squid could give hero subs and specials to the other hero weapons or a hero brush or blaster (or both!)

I wonder why they don't start selling the squid amiibo separately. I really don't want to buy the 3 pack considering I don't have the money....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom