• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Animal Crossing Social Thread

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
That's another major problem with Amiibo Festival. The fact they only make a few of those figurines & cards will prove really difficult for people who are still looking for certain ones without relying on eBay or something. Nintendo's just making this situation much worse for everyone thanks to this crap. I think this whole thing's a scam just so the scalpers will give Nintendo more money while others will have a real difficult time finding the Amiibo. If they keep on doing this kind of thing with future games, then I'm jumping off this bandwagon. Acts like this is inexcusable.
I so agree with you, this whole thing has been a moment of sadness and I would rather they not announce anything at E3 instead of this. But it happened and some good people like, poor lostleader at least expected a decent game and got this when I knew it would end like this.

I was legitimately shocked when I heard that they didn't make a lot of cards packs. And with them being all sold out, just how are we supposed to get the characters we want. "Hey! I finally found a pack! Let's see, aww man, I got Resetti" has likely happened to someone. I have this Isabelle card still in the clear seal from my 3DS bundle just rotting on my desk since I gave HHD to my brother. The problem is I know she goes for quite a bit on eBay but I don't want it and I'm too lazy to make a store just to sell her. Maybe I'll give it to one of my friends. I don't care what happens to it afterwards.

I'll go play New Leaf in a bit to drown out my disappointment in this whole stupid thing. At least New Leaf is still the Animal Crossing I fell in love with.

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
I'm pretty much ignoring the fact that Amiibo Festival exists. Nintendo has gotten really sloppy with their games this year. Splatoon is awesome of course (we wouldn't be here if we didn't think it was) but Amiibo Festival, Badge Arcade, and even HHD seem like hopeless money grabbing attempts. While board games, pointless badges, and spending a lot of money on a game where you design buildings may be fun to some people, to me it's stupid. Nintendo is kind of trying to cheat us out of our money. I'm not even sure Splatoon is worth the 60 bucks I paid for it. Nintendo has gone to a new low. .-.

Back onto the topic of ACNL, I sold over 50 baskets of perfect apples and now I'm rich. :3 And just going to put this here if anyone cares: Bud is moving out on the 21 I believe, so if anyone wants him you can have him for free. He isn't original, he has a weird shirt from Able Sisters and a different saying and greeting, but his house is the same.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm pretty much ignoring the fact that Amiibo Festival exists. Nintendo has gotten really sloppy with their games this year. Splatoon is awesome of course (we wouldn't be here if we didn't think it was) but Amiibo Festival, Badge Arcade, and even HHD seem like hopeless money grabbing attempts. While board games, pointless badges, and spending a lot of money on a game where you design buildings may be fun to some people, to me it's stupid. Nintendo is kind of trying to cheat us out of our money. I'm not even sure Splatoon is worth the 60 bucks I paid for it. Nintendo has gone to a new low. .-.

Back onto the topic of ACNL, I sold over 50 baskets of perfect apples and now I'm rich. :3 And just going to put this here if anyone cares: Bud is moving out on the 21 I believe, so if anyone wants him you can have him for free. He isn't original, he has a weird shirt from Able Sisters and a different saying and greeting, but his house is the same.
amiibo festival looks like pure crap and is what you shouldn't make when your fans expect a proper AC game for Wii U. I forget the game very quickly, that's how meaningless it is to me. The world would be a better place if it wasn't made. Dramatic, but that's my honest thought about it. Yes, I'm serious.

In New Leaf, I prevented Marshal from moving out. No offense Sparro, but I want you gone. And Gracie is having her big seasonal sale which means lots of great clothes you can't get anywhere. Not really a fan of the card set though. I'm still only growing Black Roses and the rare Purple Rose from my red rose+s, I know Blue Roses are rare but sheesh, the Golden Shovel can't come sooner! I got a very fitting emote from Shrunk today that actually fits what I'm feeling right now...

Which is Worry, due to the personal issues with my family. I'm really sad at the moment.....

Last edited:

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Indeed they have. Their recent game line-up is really disappointing me along with being horrible cash grabs. I mean, we're talking about a company that were once great and their games, besides a few exceptions, were always gold. Now they've sunk to an all new low with terrible products like HHD, TFH, Amiibo Festival, and Chibi Robo: Zip Lash. Splatoon's a good game, but it should've been around $40 instead of $60 during launch. Thankfully I bought it before the 2.0 update, so at least by then, it feels like it's worth the full price (to a small extent anyway).

Nintendo right now isn't any better than other companies like EA, Activision, or Ubisoft due to how horrible their business practices are & how poor the quality of their games are. I'm with everyone in hopes of a new AC game for the Wii U, but instead we get some horrendous party game instead. Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for releasing yet another horrible game in what I consider to be the worst year for them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm playing better games like Yo-Kai Watch.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/18/animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-review

Hahaha, IGN may be ignorant most of the time, but they're right on the money with this one. A 5 is what this game deserves. You don't make crap like this. You just don't. This is an even more boring version of Mario Party but without any of fun. I'm actually glad I paid for Mario Party 10. It told them to have ND Cube make those, not doing this to Animal Crossing. Hopefully they learn from their mistake and never do this again.

In New Leaf, Muffy came down with a cold. :( So I rushed out and got her some medicine and I'll make sure she's taken care until she gets better. Bam decided to challenge me into a Hide-a-Seek, which he lost badly. Cherry wants furniture, and Drago wanted me to come to his house but he wanted to set up a time. Sorry, it's either now or never. I don't do schedules. Katrina showed up, I'll make 10 Villager clones to farm Katrina fortunes so she can move in and finally complete my shopping center. And I bought a Wedding Cake on sale at Gracie's. Which is a item that I lost from my old town. Glad to have it back. Now for some fruit related salt.

STOP ASKING ME TO GET YOU A GOD **** CHERRY YOU FURRY MUNCHKINS! HERE WE HAVE PERFECT APPLES ALL AROUND, BUT NO! YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DIRTY FRUIT FROM ANOTHER TOWN BECAUSE IT'S NOT GROWING HERE! DO YOU WANT TO MAKE ME SUFFER!? Seriously, second time this has happened. In my first town, all they would ever ask for is cherries. Finally, after two years I got one. I lost the town a month later, now repeat. I hate the cherry so much. I am going to go get one soon so I can end this fruit related torture.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
^7.8/Too much boring.

I agree with the reviewer, though. Even while watching it, I felt bored from the game. :P

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
^7.8/Too much boring.

I agree with the reviewer, though. Even while watching it, I felt bored from the game. :p
Looking at even screenshots makes me bored. It looks so lifeless. Seeing it in the direct looked so boring. Hard to believe it's an "Animal Crossing" game, which is fun and gives you a good laugh from it's dialogue and it's full of personality. But what is this? I can't place words on how lifeless it is.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Looking at even screenshots makes me bored. It looks so lifeless. Seeing it in the direct looked so boring. Hard to believe it's an "Animal Crossing" game, which is fun and gives you a good laugh from it's dialogue and it's full of personality. But what is this? I can't place words on how lifeless it is.
I'd rather play Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric than this. At least with Sonic Boom, despite being pretty tedious, too, the constant bugs along with other weird stuff give me tons of enjoyment. I can't enjoy this abomination, though.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'd rather play Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric than this. At least with Sonic Boom, despite being pretty tedious, too, the constant bugs along with other weird stuff give me tons of enjoyment. I can't enjoy this abomination, though.
At least Sonic Boom tried and is made by a completely different studio. The Animal Crossing fan in me can't appreciate a cashgrab. Yes, it's made by ND Cube, but they're a Japanese company and that means they had better connection to Ninty themselves. Which means that I agree, I would rather play Sonic Boom as well. At least I can laugh at the bugs and glitches, there's nothing to laugh at aF.

Bunnii

Inkling
NNID
NinjaBunnii99
I don't have the monies for a 3DS so I'm hoping Nintendo makes a HD version for the Wii U.

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
I haven't touched my ACNL cartridge for 2 full weeks because of Splatoon, I have a couple of fan favourites living in my town. Biskit, Molly, and 7 other unknown animals to me lol

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I don't have the monies for a 3DS so I'm hoping Nintendo makes a HD version for the Wii U.
You're hoping for something that sadly, will probably not happen. We got a cashgrab called "Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival" instead of a proper Animal Crossing game. I'm still salty about that. I would've loved a Animal Crossing game with a camera angle that's behind your character and the town being like the Animal Crossing track in Mario Kart 8 instead of the bird-eye's view with the whole rolling the world thing they did since Wild World.

Nothing to say really about what's going on in my town in AC:NL since I haven't played it for awhile. I took a break after convincing a villager to stay and I missed the Harvest Festival. I did finish the Harvest Series and kinda took a break after that. I need to play it again when I have more time.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I'm keeping my hope for a console AC. I'd love it to be like the Mario Kart 8 track, y'know, open world... HD.

Though i'd settle for them just New Leafing it for Wii U. Provided they added some of the Happy Home Designer stuff to it.
(btw, my opinion of HHD is: "The other half of AC"... Not saying it's bad, just that it feels like a half of a regular AC game.)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm keeping my hope for a console AC. I'd love it to be like the Mario Kart 8 track, y'know, open world... HD.

Though i'd settle for them just New Leafing it for Wii U. Provided they added some of the Happy Home Designer stuff to it.
(btw, my opinion of HHD is: "The other half of AC"... Not saying it's bad, just that it feels like a half of a regular AC game.)
I am too, but with rumors of the NX being released next year, my hope is nearly dwindled. They'll probably just make one for that. And I'd love it to be like the Mario Kart 8 track. That was just a gorgeous spectacle. if they did make it, I'd love some of the furniture from HHD. It's a darn shame there's really nothing to HHD besides making homes for villagers. You don't even get your own house!

I would be totally fine with a City Folk styled approach and they just put a better New Leaf on the Wii U just to save dev time. Anything is better than no proper AC game on the Wii U. But it looks like amiibo Festival is all we're going to get... which sucks.

Kaynil

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0598-4137-8986
I am playing with a friend for the Stalk Market aspect. I've had the game for a while and I hadn't played in a while until recently when my friend had the first resident I ever befriended in an animal Crossing game. So I got excited when he moved to my town. :3

Lil_Gonz

Inkling
NNID
Macho21798
Ay yo, Im just gonna drop in this thread because animal crossing is my favorite "simulation" games of all time. I remember playing animal crossing on the gamecube when I was little and how many hours I spent on it. Now unfortunately, I haven't played animal crossing in like a year or two because I had two broken 3ds's. But it is what it is I guess.

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
While having the Gamecube title of this series after buying it from a friend with many other games, I have never actually tried it out. It seems like a game that I would lose interest with rather quickly, but what do you all suggest?

Last edited:

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I just started playing my old AC:CF on the wii... Ahhhhh I had cookie and nibbles in my town I'm crying I forgot about them!!!

Celeste

Inkling
NNID
Celestefey
While having the Gamecube title of this series after buying it from a friend with many other games, I have never actually tried it out. It seems like a game that I would lose interest with rather quickly, but what do you all suggest?
Animal Crossing for the Gamecube was my first game I ever played! Admittedly, I could be a little biased as a result of this but hey, there's no harm in trying out the game. I admit it lacks in customisation because in New Leaf you could place down PWPs and change your house exterior. With ACGC, you can't even really change your hair colour or hair style or anything. But it has a lot of charming features about it that I just love. I think the dialogue between animals is so much more funny (the snooty characters used to be so rude/mean!), and I also love the music, and the different events that can occur during the year. One event is the Sports Day, I think, and you can do aerobics in the plaza and running races, it's really adorable, and it's a shame they didn't bring back some of those events into newer games. So I definitely think you should give it a go! It's probably most like Animal Crossing City Folk out of all of the games, if you want some comparison.

And yes I love Animal Crossing so much. I've abandoned my New Leaf town lately which I feel bad about but it's really just such a fun and relaxing game to play. I always get scared to check up on my town after a while in case any of my favourite villagers have moved out (mostly Chrissy and Francine).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom