• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Animal Crossing Social Thread

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Animal Crossing for the Gamecube was my first game I ever played! Admittedly, I could be a little biased as a result of this but hey, there's no harm in trying out the game. I admit it lacks in customisation because in New Leaf you could place down PWPs and change your house exterior. With ACGC, you can't even really change your hair colour or hair style or anything. But it has a lot of charming features about it that I just love. I think the dialogue between animals is so much more funny (the snooty characters used to be so rude/mean!), and I also love the music, and the different events that can occur during the year. One event is the Sports Day, I think, and you can do aerobics in the plaza and running races, it's really adorable, and it's a shame they didn't bring back some of those events into newer games. So I definitely think you should give it a go! It's probably most like Animal Crossing City Folk out of all of the games, if you want some comparison.

And yes I love Animal Crossing so much. I've abandoned my New Leaf town lately which I feel bad about but it's really just such a fun and relaxing game to play. I always get scared to check up on my town after a while in case any of my favourite villagers have moved out (mostly Chrissy and Francine).
THEY'RE STILL THERE GO GET THEM
My faves didn't move out of my town on my city folk file and I honestly didn't play it for 7 years sooo? They can still be there!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ha ha~ I've yet to play New Leaf since... November? I have sunk so much time into that game I'm certain I've collected around 80% of everything. But I keep getting annoyed with new residents plopping down next to my mansion. Especially since I'm trying to turn my tract of land into one huge orchard.

Maybe I should start putting down some public works near me to keep them away.

zoriez

Inkling
NNID
zoriez
I, too, have not touched AC:NL in months. School and Splatoon have sadly kept me from it, and I since I restarted my town a year or two ago it's been hard for me to get back into it. It's funny in a way, considering I used to be a die hard AC fan and I've been playing since the GameCube ver.
I'm desperately hoping for Animal Crossing U, despite the disappointment the Directs keep on throwing at me (Amiibo Fest and HHA) ;_; Is anybody still hoping as well or am I just crazy?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yea~ Amiibo Fest and HHA did not spark a want in me. I lean more towards wanting a new Animal Crossing 3DS title than a Wii U title. But I am thinking they may have one of the NX eventually since we may be hearing more about it by the end of this year or beginning of next.

Finally took a look at my ACNL game. Some of my long time animals are still there. Some new neighbors have settled where I don't want them to, again. Going to have to chop and plant some trees to zone them out over time.

Anyone with useful tips on how to get these unwanted residents out of town faster?

zoriez

Inkling
NNID
zoriez
I'd prefer a Wii U because glorious, glorious HD scenery and music. I can see it being announced on the NX solely to guarantee that people actually buy the NX, though.

I've heard that it's best to just not talk to them and ignore them until they leave. Any other interaction, including batting them with your net, just keeps them there longer.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Ah~ I see. Usually I just wail on them with the net and push them into holes hoping that will get them to leave faster.

I'll just try ignoring them completely while renovating my orchard.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Animal crossing is odd when it comes to character interaction. The ones you befriend will frequently try to leave, whereas the ones you ignore will be there forever. I really hope this is addressed in the next game.

I'm looking forward to the next Animal Crossing. After dumping 400 hours into New Leaf, I'm kinda done with it forever.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Friend Code in the signature. If any of you ever find me online, you can hit me up. Have orchards of gold peaches as well as all the fruit and bamboo shoots you can farm for an early cash boost. Or break your game. Or use then to set up your own stock.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Wow, apparently the series has been around for 15 years! There's no way we can't have a new (real/better) entry to the series now.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Just saw this news posted on polygon. They're making a Fire Emblem and new Animal Crossing available for smartphones. o.0

I'm excited (new Animal Crossing!) and worried (microtransactions...) about this.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Just saw this news posted on polygon. They're making a Fire Emblem and new Animal Crossing available for smartphones. o.0

I'm excited (new Animal Crossing!) and worried (microtransactions...) about this.
Don't worry about that there will be an NX game for sure! It does mention it'll connect to a home console!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Wait, you can actually "finish" a town? Inconceivable!

I don't know about my town... can't decide if I want make a fresh start or continue as is. According to my log, I'm just over 300 hours in across the span of almost three years. o.o But haven't a clue what all I was doing before my hiatus.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Turns out there is some Animal Crossing news floating about. Along with the mobile entry in the works, this autumn New Leaf is to receive an update. It's to allow amiibo support that will give out new furniture, items, clothes, and even residents such as the Squid Squirrel Sisters.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I heard about that a bit ago, and got a good chuckle out of schadenfreude - in one fell swoop, the entire villager trading market and economy has collapsed because of the amiibo card functionality. Dedicated traders over at the Belltree forum must have been grinding their teeth over this news.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I kind of put off playing ACNL because I lost a villager that I worked hard to get, though she was replaced by a cute cat villager from a town that I streetpassed at an airport. Nonetheless, I WILL be playing for the new update. I have a lot of acnl cards and I don't know what to do with them. Is it the cards or the amiibo that make people move in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom