• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anything you miss from Splatoon 1?

Raxel920

Full Squid
The specials were awesome.

I really miss Triggerfish and Ancho-V. God Ancho-V was so much fun with a melee, running around, going up and down and splatting people.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
. Was Swim Speed Up nerfed too, or am I imagining things?
Swim Speed up is the same for medium weapons. check the swim speed up page on Inkapedia to see exact stats.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I really miss the old Run Speed Up. It got hard nerfed in splatoon 2, so hard that it is exactly 50% as effective in Splatoon 2 than in Splatoon 1. That's right, 2 mains of Run Speed Up in Splatoon 2 is equal to 1 in Splatoon 1, 3 subs in splatoon 2 is equal to 6 subs in splatoon 1, and so on. It's really brutal, I miss old run speed. I also really miss Hightide Era, Squid Squad, and especially Chirpy Chips. ;~;
What is it with everyone liking the Chirpy Chips so much anyway? I like their songs, but why are they so much better than the other bands?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
What is it with everyone liking the Chirpy Chips so much anyway? I like their songs, but why are they so much better than the other bands?
im a huge sucker for their type of chiptune. :p Shellfie in particular is very special to me. I feel like my dearest Splatoon 1 memories are held in their songs.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
im a huge sucker for their type of chiptune. :p Shellfie in particular is very special to me. I feel like my dearest Splatoon 1 memories are held in their songs.
Ok, I can get that. But why does everyone have an obsession with drawing the sea anemone girl from them. She's never actually been shown in game, just in that one album picture.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Squid Squad was easily my favorite, seeing what songs they had. In fact, my favorite battle themes between both games are

1. Ink or Sink
2. Splattack
3. Metalopod

The guitar riff at the beginning of Ink or Sink is just too good, lol.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
The controls, honestly. The Wii U gamepad was just so much easier to play with... I’m used to the switch controls now, but I still miss the old ones. Especially since I totally lost my inkbrush talents in Splatoon 2... now I can’t even play one game with it without my finger hurting. How do people mash that button anyway? I also miss a lot of the maps, and the specials. In a way, I actually prefer the first game, though I do like some things from the second.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
The Wii U gamepad was just so much easier to play with...
I'm glad I'm not the only one either. I really liked how the Wii U gamepad's right stick was level with the left one. The gamepad was so long too that I could be more precise with motion control aiming. On Splatoon 2, I actually prefer the controls in portable mode for this reason, but I hate having to strain my eyes to look at the small screen while it's constantly moving. The sticks are also pretty small, (like GameCube C-Stick size) which makes it harder to be precisely turn the camera. This only has to be a problem in portable mode, but there's no way in hell I'm spending $70 on a controller.

Don't forget the gamepad map either. I liked how jumping back to the spawn was as simple as pressing the bottom right corner of the screen. I've never actually seen anyone use Squid Beakons, (and I'm level 25) so I have no clue how you would even jump to them.

How do people mash that button anyway?
I choose weapons that don't require mashing the button. I honestly feel like I'm going to break it if I do, lol.

In a way, I actually prefer the first game
Yeah... :(

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I'm glad I'm not the only one either. I really liked how the Wii U gamepad's right stick was level with the left one.
Oh man, how did I forget that! That’s my biggest pet peeve! I don’t know who made that design decision, but I’m not a fan, haha! Took forever to get used to. No bottom map was hard to adjust to, but I got the hang of it. It doesn’t really bother me now, but I still prefer the old way with that too.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
Another thing I miss actually is how I could simply look down to see the entire map on the Wii U pad and how much of it was inked compared to the opponents. Pressing X to view it I find risky because I can’t see if i’m about to be attacked :’3...

Flair

Inkling
NNID
Pizzi318
Hydra.

Why does everyone class aside from dualies have at least 2 weapons released since launch? At least dualies have several options, so having only 1 weapon released isn't too bad. As far as splatlings, there is only 1 mini and 2 heavy options? That's pathetic.

Lukepukes

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7463-8603-7121
I miss the old specials that they used to have.Mostly the inkstrike but that was pretty over powered. But I like the splatoon 1 specials more then splatoon 2.

Cephalobro

If I had to pick what I miss, it's the tights that Inklings used to wear underneath shirts and jackets. The fact that it wasn't part of the design this time around is a little lame. That and I miss the ponytail hole of the Legendary Cap, I liked the fact that male Inklings could wear that without their tentacles being hidden, and it would've worked even better with changeable hairstyles since the female bun hairstyle could've been worked to poke a hole on the cap like the original male Inkling hairstyle. Come on, let cephalopods poke holes on hats!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom