Are Inklings or Octolings Better? (Which one are you?)

Inklings or Octolings

• Total voters

Arigato!

Pro Squid
I'm an inkling because I don't think octo girls are as cute as in Splat 2.( I changed today lol)

Last edited:

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Despite my player character being an Inkling and my icon being an Inkling... I prefer Octolings LOL. Unfortunately Inklings have... basically my irl haircut, and I'm too attached to my player character to change it, even if I prefer Octolings

Arigato!

Pro Squid
Despite my player character being an Inkling and my icon being an Inkling... I prefer Octolings LOL. Unfortunately Inklings have... basically my irl haircut, and I'm too attached to my player character to change it, even if I prefer Octolings
I love the octo girl super jump voice. It sounds so nice! And also, the fanart for octo girls is so good(the innocent ones of course) and I want to be an octo but I realized how much they changed in Splat 3.

Attachments

Mp3

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Female she/her
As an octoling ingame, I perfer octolings. I find their eyes cuter and i like the suction cups on the outside. I wish they had an actually long hairstyle though.

Cephalobro

Back when I played Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2 before the introduction of playable Octolings, I played as the Inkling Boy, but ever since Octo Expansion, I have played as the Octoling Boy. Honestly, my IRL voice is actually closer to that of the Octoling Boy's voice, so that's an extra incentive to keep playing as him. Also, I had already made Octarian-centric OCs due to Octarian lore, which includes Octoling OCs as well, so there's that.

Last edited:

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i'd say i have a sliiiiiight octoling bias, based in part on aesthetics and in part on lore. it's evened out since i was a new player, but it's still there. most of the first OCs i made were octolings for this reason lol

i also play as an octoling, but that was originally for a different reason

Melod

Inkling
NNID
darkuuuu123456
Switch Friend Code
SW-1895-1380-0033
Personally I was always more of an Inkling fan

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I prefer inklings. There's nothing wrong with octolings, don't get me wrong, but inklings are the OGs and the species the first game was entirely built around. The original appeal of octolings was one of elusivity. Octolings used to be exotic and special. Now they outnumber the inklings; they're the more popular species among Splatoon players.

I get it, to some degree. Female octolings' eye masks are cuter than those of female inklings. Octolings have a lot of popular hairstyles including the mega curls and pompadour, while inklings get literal bed head as a hair option, and whatever the heck this is:
1717631989736.png

Aesthetically, octolings win a lot of categories, but inklings are still better if you ask me.

nineball

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
> flashbacks to splat 2 squid vs octopus splatfest
2024-06-05_20-08.png

honestly, while i do think that octolings are indeed cuter than inklings (like, one of the fem octoling booyah lines is literally just "i wuv u!!" like, stop!! i cant... aaaaggh!) i kinda just feel more attached to inklings for some strange reason. can't really put it into words

Arigato!

Pro Squid
As an octoling ingame, I perfer octolings. I find their eyes cuter and i like the suction cups on the outside. I wish they had an actually long hairstyle though.
Ono I might be changinng sidesss

Arigato!

Pro Squid
> flashbacks to splat 2 squid vs octopus splatfest
View attachment 11785

honestly, while i do think that octolings are indeed cuter than inklings (like, one of the fem octoling booyah lines is literally just "i wuv u!!" like, stop!! i cant... aaaaggh!) i kinda just feel more attached to inklings for some strange reason. can't really put it into words
What I really don't like is when people look at octolings lustfully, instead of for how cute they are. Theyre literally 14-16

D

Deleted member

I also like them just about the same, but I *almost* always play as an Inkling. I've changed my character to an Octoling before, and it was fun! The great thing about Splatoon is the fact that you can change back and forth between species whenever you want!

Hey, today, you're feeling like an Inkling? Sick! Go for it! Now an Octoling, just a minute later? Sure!

I have a small bias for Inklings, also because they're the OGs, basically, I think. But yeah, I like Inklings and Octolings about the same. They're all awesome to me! ⸜( ´ ꒳ ` )⸝

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I prefer inklings. There's nothing wrong with octolings, don't get me wrong, but inklings are the OGs and the species the first game was entirely built around. The original appeal of octolings was one of elusivity. Octolings used to be exotic and special. Now they outnumber the inklings; they're the more popular species among Splatoon players.

I get it, to some degree. Female octolings' eye masks are cuter than those of female inklings. Octolings have a lot of popular hairstyles including the mega curls and pompadour, while inklings get literal bed head as a hair option, and whatever the heck this is:
View attachment 11784

Aesthetically, octolings win a lot of categories, but inklings are still better if you ask me.
all of this.
(except for the bit about the bed head style. bed head is awesome. I will be addressing this in the hairstyle thread)

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
all of this.
(except for the bit about the bed head style. bed head is awesome. I will be addressing this in the hairstyle thread)
I never said bed head was bad. It's just funny that only inklings are able to get split ends currently.

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I prefer Inklings myself. S1 is my baby and I think nostalgia is probably a big part on why I like Inklings more. Inklings are also just so iconic, I remember being really impressed by their design back when we had nothing more than a bunch of trailers to look at.

I tried playing as an Octoling once when S3 first came out but it felt so off somehow. The squids have taken me and they will not let go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom