• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Are rollers less used these days?

Hawk Seow

Pro Squid
NNID
Hawk-Seow
It's about time! I was getting sick of seeing them everywhere :) And I love some Custom Range Blaster play..... I've personally come to like the regular blaster and custom range more than the luna :) Then again I'm one of those odd people that likes the Rapid Blaster Deco, so.... :)
Guess that means it's time for me to pick up the Luna Neo and train up to be That One (Super Annoying) Squid :P

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Lunas less popular? Really? Even in solo ranked they're the most popular blaster.
Yeah I saw a squad battle with 3 opposing lunas, so I'm not sure they're less popular yet. unfortunately. :p

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah I saw a squad battle with 3 opposing lunas, so I'm not sure they're less popular yet. unfortunately. :p
Said battle was, of course, a one-sided joke. Just felt like mentioning that :P

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
It might be just me, but I think I have been seeing less Lunas (at least out of tower control). I think it is because, after seeing so many of them, people are learning to zone it out and take advantage of its poor walk speed and mobility across enemy ink, so with good focus and attention, it is relatively easy to stop a charging Luna. Plus, I have been seeing more Custom Range Blasters around, likely to counter the Lunas themselves.
Yeah unfortunately that hasn't been my experience at all lol. Still hordes of Lunas all day errday. They are by far the most common blasters in ranked. Seeing an uprise in Rapid Blasters though....which has been interesting.

Award

Yeah unfortunately that hasn't been my experience at all lol. Still hordes of Lunas all day errday. They are by far the most common blasters in ranked. Seeing an uprise in Rapid Blasters though....which has been interesting.
I've yet to see the rise of the rapid blasters. Kind of cool if it's happening though RBD is awesomee :) I suspect that's the result of a bunch of alts rising up after playing with them for a while....it's seemed trendy for alts for a while :P

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
I've yet to see the rise of the rapid blasters. Kind of cool if it's happening though RBD is awesomee :) I suspect that's the result of a bunch of alts rising up after playing with them for a while....it's seemed trendy for alts for a while :p
Lol yeah...in general it seems their kill potential is greater than I expected, especially with Damage Up. I kept getting picked off by not one but 2 Rapid Blasters in yesterday's matches! :scared: I was always intrigued by their kits, they were a set of blasters I kinda wanted to try out at one point. :p

Award

their [insert weapon name here] kill potential is greater than I expected, especially with Damage Up.
Fixed that for you.

Seems to be the trend in Splatoon these days. A few squids still running all speed up builds, and I've seen an increasing trend of Quick Respawn builds at the high ranks (which is kind of cool), but it's either all dmg up, or, I'm recently seeing a HUGE return of defense up among high rank Japanese players. Which is annoying for most weapons, and simply means that dmg++++ is going to be the new meta again soon for all weapons.

All that work on buffs for underused abilities, and it still comes down to dmg+++ vs armor +++ every match. And means we're still there with "mandatory save scumming" :mad:

Also, why is it that when I hit with dynamo roller I have to it DEAD in the center of my flick to splat anyone. But when the enemy is flicking a dynamo roller at me, even the farthest edge of their flick takes me down???

I suspect the answer is "lag" they actually DID hit you dead center, but the animation showed you on the edge of the wave. You can't dodge what you can't see! :rolleyes:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Award
I'm curious, do they ever run Bomb Sniffer in addition to Defense Up?

Award said:
Also, why is it that when I hit with dynamo roller I have to it DEAD in the center of my flick to splat anyone. But when the enemy is flicking a dynamo roller at me, even the farthest edge of their flick takes me down???

I suspect the answer is "lag" they actually DID hit you dead center, but the animation showed you on the edge of the wave. You can't dodge what you can't see! :rolleyes:
This is more-or-less what I have to deal with when using my/fighting enemy rollers in general. My aim is off a bit and I don't get the splat, which is fair; but then my opponent does the same and gets it? It makes dealing with enemy Dynamos a lot harder than it needs to be, since you pretty much have to backstab them before they notice you. Which, subtlety being something I lack greatly, combined with the fact that there's usually never enough room to sneak up on them...

If nothing else it's slowly teaching me how to keep my distance, which is always a plus. Still, it's a shame that there aren't too many weapons which can directly fight the Dynamo outside of its range.
(Come to think of it, who's bright idea was it to have a weapon that combines power and range with spread? There's a reason why shotguns in most other games become useless after 10 feet!)

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
Fixed that for you.

Seems to be the trend in Splatoon these days. A few squids still running all speed up builds, and I've seen an increasing trend of Quick Respawn builds at the high ranks (which is kind of cool), but it's either all dmg up, or, I'm recently seeing a HUGE return of defense up among high rank Japanese players. Which is annoying for most weapons, and simply means that dmg++++ is going to be the new meta again soon for all weapons.

All that work on buffs for underused abilities, and it still comes down to dmg+++ vs armor +++ every match. And means we're still there with "mandatory save scumming" :mad:

Ehhh yeah tbh part of me kind of wishes Damage Up just didn't exist in this game. It's just as a whole a minor effect ability that is spammed to the point of obnoxiousness by the select few weapons that can exploit it best. Its existence insinuates that Splatoon is in fact a health bar-based game that can actually be effected by boosts and resistances to damage. If they have these 2 abilities whose only real purpose is to counter one another, all you're going to have are loads and loads of people stacking those same 2 abilities. :rolleyes: If Inklings had actual sequential HP and it took more than just 1-2 hits to kill them in almost all scenarios, then maybe this would be a more understandable mechanic. I do understand it plays a pretty important role for certain weapons, but that in and of itself can just contribute towards more imbalance in the long run (in part because some other weapons receive little to no benefit from it). As the meta develops it feels like it mainly just encourages save scumming and the use of very specific kits. When they started displaying enemy gear builds after each splat, it really revealed to me the ridiculous amount of people who are Damage Up stacking. :p Man...I came across Splash & Octoshot users last night, both with masses of Damage Up. And it blew my mind how quickly they were killing. Octoshot had 3 Damage Up mains, plus a few subs, and honestly it felt completely like facing a 1HKO weapon. There was no lag...just ridiculously, ridiculously quick kills. :scared: Grrrrr OU mid range meta. :mad:

Lol, I feel you with the Dynamo gripe. Yeah honestly I don't know. I'm sure lag is at least sometimes a factor. Teleporting rollers as we all know can be especially problematic. :mad: This is partly why I debate the benefits of Damage Up on Dynamo. Not sure if it has little to no effect, or if it does actually widen the 1HKO radius slightly. It would make sense that, at the least, indirect hits receive a slight damage boost, which can still be significant on Dynamo waves. Widening the 1HKO radius of rollers as a whole though, I feel like that's something they'd specify somewhere in patch notes or something. It's a weapon-specific buff similar to allowing partial charge 1HKOs for chargers. Given what the big nerf did to rollers, if Damage Up could basically alter that nerf / reduce its effect, I feel like someone would have blown a whistle. But who knows lol. Wouldn't be the first hidden/mystery boost observed in this game I'm sure. Either way it doesn't feel substantial enough to make a huge difference. All I know is, it definitely as a whole feels like I'm able to kill quicker and more effectively when I'm running a Damage Up main...depending of course on the weapon. I would actually say my main that seems least effected by Damage Up is the Tri-Slosher. I've generally stopped running Damage Up when I use it. This is the catch 22 lol. I find myself enjoying (perceived) Damage Up boosts half the time, kinda just wishing it just didn't exist the other half. :rolleyes:

Award

I'm curious, do they ever run Bomb Sniffer in addition to Defense Up?
I haven't seen it so far. It's really just reverted to classic def stacking or def + speed. So far everyone's ignoring the buffed specials (which might be good for the overall meta - gambit/ditch seemed like they could be disasters.) That could change any time though!

This is more-or-less what I have to deal with when using my/fighting enemy rollers in general. My aim is off a bit and I don't get the splat, which is fair; but then my opponent does the same and gets it? It makes dealing with enemy Dynamos a lot harder than it needs to be, since you pretty much have to backstab them before they notice you. Which, subtlety being something I lack greatly, combined with the fact that there's usually never enough room to sneak up on them...

If nothing else it's slowly teaching me how to keep my distance, which is always a plus. Still, it's a shame that there aren't too many weapons which can directly fight the Dynamo outside of its range.
(Come to think of it, who's bright idea was it to have a weapon that combines power and range with spread? There's a reason why shotguns in most other games become useless after 10 feet!)
Yeah I used to think dynamos were vastly OP and needed a nerf. Then I started playing it and realized they nerfed it too much and it's not strong enough. Then I started realizing that when I'm AGAINST a dynamo the edge of their fling is ohko, but when I use it only the center is. So I think I figured out the problem between the "dynamos need nerfing" and "dynamo was nerfed too much" groups: The problem is the dynamo isn't OP - the problem is the game's problems with lag show you something OTHER than what the dynamo user is seeing. The dynamo user is hitting you dead-on while you think you escaped because you weren't in the center. But on their end you were. The game's lag problems and animations makes the dynamo seem OP. And to "fix" that they actually nerfed it too much so it's ungainly to use just so the lag isn't causing AS disastrous a crisis. Then when I have dynamo I can hit people dead on and they STILL don't die. o_O

Ehhh yeah tbh part of me kind of wishes Damage Up just didn't exist in this game. It's just as a whole a minor effect ability that is spammed to the point of obnoxiousness by the select few weapons that can exploit it best. Its existence insinuates that Splatoon is in fact a health bar-based game that can actually be effected by boosts and resistances to damage. If they have these 2 abilities whose only real purpose is to counter one another, all you're going to have are loads and loads of people stacking those same 2 abilities. :rolleyes: If Inklings had actual sequential HP and it took more than just 1-2 hits to kill them in almost all scenarios, then maybe this would be a more understandable mechanic.
Well technically Splatoon IS an HP bar based game - that's where the data mining for weapons comes in. I.E. capping of bamboozler at 99, etc. I believe inklings have 100HP and the numbers play out accordingly.

Personally I think dmg up is fine, it's def up that I think breaks the game a little more. It's entirely ineffective against some weapons, but devastating on others, and because the game relies so much on "knowing how many hits it takes to kill" a player wearing def up can massively disrupt your ability to perform (whereas getting killed faster by def up doesn't leave the error on your own part. I know using octobrush one time against another octobrush with FULL dmg stacking left me almost useless. She was the best player in the lobby, S+, and even if I could match her in skill, I could not beat her because she could simply kill me faster in any even encounter. Nearly every weapon is made better by stacking EXCEPT ttk, which I believe is ALWAYS 3hko no matter what. But like you said, that's a problem. Even if you want to run different abilities, if the enemy might be wearing def up, then you NEED to run dmg up to be effective against them at all with most weapons (not ttk! :mad:) It's too risky to not be able to counter def up, so it does end up coming down to everybody trying to stack as much of one or the other as possible "just in case" their opponent does the same, and nothing else gets play time. I personally prefer not using too much with a charger, and yet with all the def up I've been finding myself swapping out for all my dmg gear to counter....keeping the meta going. One special shoudl never require another special to counter it. Especially not a powerful one. But without it the slow ttk weapons would become useless.

Then again I've been experimenting with 2 QR mains on my octobrush INSTEAD of damage. Not sure which way I'll go. But getting back into the game fast does have some serious advantages. Especially solo when you have to carry :D

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Ehhh yeah tbh part of me kind of wishes Damage Up just didn't exist in this game. It's just as a whole a minor effect ability that is spammed to the point of obnoxiousness by the select few weapons that can exploit it best. Its existence insinuates that Splatoon is in fact a health bar-based game that can actually be effected by boosts and resistances to damage. If they have these 2 abilities whose only real purpose is to counter one another, all you're going to have are loads and loads of people stacking those same 2 abilities.
The thing about Damage Up is that, since people see it so often, everyone thinks it is good. While all the chargers/rollers/burst bombs/anti-defence up weapons make good use of it, I also see things like Damage Up on random shooters like N-Zaps and Splooshes, as well as tri sloshers, splatlings, and even the occasional .96 gal. It may be good, but it is not good on absolutely anything.
Yeah I used to think dynamos were vastly OP and needed a nerf. Then I started playing it and realized they nerfed it too much and it's not strong enough. Then I started realizing that when I'm AGAINST a dynamo the edge of their fling is ohko, but when I use it only the center is. So I think I figured out the problem between the "dynamos need nerfing" and "dynamo was nerfed too much" groups: The problem is the dynamo isn't OP - the problem is the game's problems with lag show you something OTHER than what the dynamo user is seeing. The dynamo user is hitting you dead-on while you think you escaped because you weren't in the center. But on their end you were. The game's lag problems and animations makes the dynamo seem OP. And to "fix" that they actually nerfed it too much so it's ungainly to use just so the lag isn't causing AS disastrous a crisis. Then when I have dynamo I can hit people dead on and they STILL don't die. o_O
Another thing about the Dynamo's, you may only see them jump out from nowhere and engulf you in an inky wave of doom, yet they eat ink like crazy and the last nerf makes them wait a few moments before they start recovering ink (In my opinion, this is more annoying than the reduced one shot spread). Yes, they seem like crazy fast, powerful murder machines, but in reality, they are highly slow, inefficient, and crippled by lag that makes them fairer to use.

Award

The thing about Damage Up is that, since people see it so often, everyone thinks it is good. While all the chargers/rollers/burst bombs/anti-defence up weapons make good use of it, I also see things like Damage Up on random shooters like N-Zaps and Splooshes, as well as tri sloshers, splatlings, and even the occasional .96 gal. It may be good, but it is not good on absolutely anything.
It's funny, MOST of the weapons I use tend to benefit from it. And of course I don't have any scummy dmg up kits :rolleyes: But yeah I tend to laugh when I see it on random mid-range shooters and splooshes. Though it's a big deal on gals. And honestly doesn't everyone use gals in ranked anyway? :mad:

OTOH, I learned first hand just how deadly scum stacked dmg up is on a sprinkler. I had a brush and went to go take out a sprinkler. Just getting 3 feet away from it I got splatted...."splatted by sprinkler" - and of course the gear set: dmg++++++++++ A sprinkler with that much dmg might as well be a freaking mini splatling.

Another thing about the Dynamo's, you may only see them jump out from nowhere and engulf you in an inky wave of doom, yet they eat ink like crazy and the last nerf makes them wait a few moments before they start recovering ink (In my opinion, this is more annoying than the reduced one shot spread). Yes, they seem like crazy fast, powerful murder machines, but in reality, they are highly slow, inefficient, and crippled by lag that makes them fairer to use.
The recovery speed doesn't seem bad at all unless I'm getting ambushed by 2-3 squids (in which case, WTF were you doing, TEAM?) Maybe I just got used to it from eliter :D The unpredictable kill zone (hey I hit them - wait, they're still alive!) due to lag and the slow recovery is the real problem. What we need is a roller with the speed of a carbon with the range of a dynamo. Like almost every single carbon roller I've fought this week! :mad:

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
@AwardWell technically Splatoon IS an HP bar based game - that's where the data mining for weapons comes in. I.E. capping of bamboozler at 99, etc. I believe inklings have 100HP and the numbers play out accordingly.

Personally I think dmg up is fine, it's def up that I think breaks the game a little more. It's entirely ineffective against some weapons, but devastating on others, and because the game relies so much on "knowing how many hits it takes to kill" a player wearing def up can massively disrupt your ability to perform (whereas getting killed faster by def up doesn't leave the error on your own part. I know using octobrush one time against another octobrush with FULL dmg stacking left me almost useless. She was the best player in the lobby, S+, and even if I could match her in skill, I could not beat her because she could simply kill me faster in any even encounter. Nearly every weapon is made better by stacking EXCEPT ttk, which I believe is ALWAYS 3hko no matter what. But like you said, that's a problem. Even if you want to run different abilities, if the enemy might be wearing def up, then you NEED to run dmg up to be effective against them at all with most weapons (not ttk! :mad:) It's too risky to not be able to counter def up, so it does end up coming down to everybody trying to stack as much of one or the other as possible "just in case" their opponent does the same, and nothing else gets play time. I personally prefer not using too much with a charger, and yet with all the def up I've been finding myself swapping out for all my dmg gear to counter....keeping the meta going. One special shoudl never require another special to counter it. Especially not a powerful one. But without it the slow ttk weapons would become useless.

Then again I've been experimenting with 2 QR mains on my octobrush INSTEAD of damage. Not sure which way I'll go. But getting back into the game fast does have some serious advantages. Especially solo when you have to carry :D
Actually, if I remember correctly, I don't think any weapon's minimum hits-to-kill can be altered by Damage Up (supposedly). Weapons like Aerosprays, brushes, and Squelchers will appear to kill quicker in many cases because their base damage (per flick/shot) is increased (so indirect hits/finishing hits can do more damage and splat sooner), but some of these can take so many hits to kill unbuffed that it doesn't feel unusual or imbalanced there. It's all of course continually effected by where the target is in relation to the hitbox, if each shot is a direct hit or not, etc. I really think that's where Damage Up shines most, in cases of indirect hits / "splatter" kills.

This quote from Inkipedia's article on Damage Up helped me understand the mechanic best: "For example, the Aerospray MG has a base damage of 24.5, meaning that it takes five hits to splat an enemy Inkling. The game will not allow the Aerospray to splat in less than five hits. Therefore, Damage Up will cap the Aerospray's damage at 24.9, so it will still take five hits to splat. This rule applies to all weapons that take more than one hit to splat and deal fixed damage."

True, Inklings technically have health bars of 100 HP, but this mechanic is so loosely incorporated in the meta, with the overwhelming abundance of 1-2HKO weapons (and those that kill so quickly they may as well be the same). Inkling health bars are never something truly modified or kept track of by the player. Basically, if you're hit, you in most cases need to defend aggressively or flee, because being hit once in Splatoon very often means you're either about to kill or be killed, or you're already dead lol. There's nothing wrong with this, it's part of what makes Splatoon exciting and fast-paced. But the existence of supposed "buffs" and terminology like Damage and Defense "Ups" give an impression that we as players actually have substantially modifiable health bars, damage output or layers of defense, and that really isn't what these abilities have added up to. It's more like "barely surviving that indirect hit" versus "being finished off by that indirect hit" lol.

That being said, yeah I agree it's a really tough call to make a statement like "just scrap Damage Up," because it gives benefit to certain weapons that honestly need it. It's true, maybe Defense Up is the real problem, because it just created this ability counter merry-go-round. :rolleyes:

Yeah, as I said, Damage Up really only benefits certain weapons. Generally speaking, vanilla rollers, most Sloshers, and certain shooters will see very, very little benefit from it. The problem is, even though it supposedly can't effect hits-to-splat, when you're buffing the damage of already high-damage weapons, that can cause a very noticeable increase in indirect hit/"unintentional" splatter kills. If you've already treaded enemy ink for a second or two, and are then hit by one Damage Up Gal shot, chances are extremely high that tiny amount of chip damage was all you needed for that one Gal shot to become a 1HKO. This is part of the problem, that it can give imbalanced benefits to specific weapons, and basically nothing to others.

To chime in on the Dynamo conversation...it is a very frustrating issue to deal with, I've definitely been there myself (their Dynamo hitbox feeling different from yours). Honestly though I don't ordinarily have huge problems dealing with enemy Dynamos nowadays, not most of the time anyway. This is largely because it's probably the weapon I'm most familiar with in the game lol. I know its swings well enough to know when to close in quick, and when to stay the hell away. But...that definitely doesn't stop me from the occasional miscalculation, or outright mistakes lol. :p

Dynamos do indeed have a unique combination of range and 1HKO potential (that, in its pre-nerf form, was surely broken), but it isn't as devastating as some still assume. Its full range is absolutely not the full extent of its 1HKO radius. That's actually quite a bit smaller. A maximum distance Dynamo fling outranges even the Dual Squelcher...that piece of information puts a sour scowl on the face of many players unfamiliar with the weapon. But the thing is, if you're caught at the tail end or outer perimeters of that wave, you'll take barely any damage. Its kill potential is fearsome, no doubt about it, but it's ridiculously slow and still has trouble performing many roles that OU weapons like Gals and Tentateks can take on all day with ease. I also completely agree with you, honestly maybe the most devastating nerf to it was that horrible lag in ink refilling. :mad: You're a big giant neon sign threat for 4 swings, then have to be a useless sitting duck for several moments. :p

Award

Actually, if I remember correctly, I don't think any weapon's minimum hits-to-kill can be altered by Damage Up (supposedly).
Yeah, the overall issue, I think is, how often does the enemy NOT take some peripheral damage. Just attacking them, with most weapons, means they'll be standing in ink as you shoot them, meaning they're taking additional damage. That's why most of the "great" bamboozler users stack max dmg up. Getting the "double tap" hit in on S/S+ grade players is all but impossible at the speeds they move no matter how great your aim. And the weapon is capped at 99dmg. But with the 99dmg full stack dmg up, what are the odds the opponent hasn't stepped in even the tiniest amount of enemy ink for 1dmg? Thus the bamboozler becomes a 1kho weapon at least 90% of the time - with basically zero charge time. It's a weapon that's useless at high level with max damage, and devastating with max damage in the hands of a skilled aimer. (Of course most of the time I see them in ranked, it's in splat zones, on my team, and they can't aim at all, but that's a different story :P I've seen an odd surge of all chargers in ranked recently, including bamboozler, to the point that it's hard for me to take my eliters anymore because I'm almost guaranteed to be on a 2-charger team. "Weapon mix is considered in matchmaking". My arrow-shaped tail it is!

The other common use is, it's assumed that even non-scum players might have a good chance of at least ONE dmg up sub, which can make the 52 gal a 4hko weapon. 1 main dmg up GUARANTEES 3hko against all but the most def stacked opponents. IMO the dmg system is kind of flawed in the game. But the cycle of "you need dmg/def up because your opponents might have dmg/def up" is definitely broken. OTOH, the chargers really do need the dmg up (maybe chargers are broken - over-nerfed due to all the whining by people who never played them ;)) But also, like that brush v brush fight, whoever has the most dmg up wins fastest, because, what are the odds that EVERY shot lands a direct hit. But at least dmg up is offensive...if someone is shooting at you and close enough, they might get you a little faster. But def up breaks your ability to get someone in the expected time. That one is kind of like bubbler in that it affects some weapons more disproportionately than others. A def stacked player is a minimal threat to a Tentatek - they'll still get their 3hko, or MAYBE a fast 4hko. A gal still gets its 2hko. But a charger that knows how to use their partial charges respective to their dmg ups ends up with a whiffed shot, and other 2 seconds to charge up further and/or recover in (if they're not dead yet from missing.) To a tentatek someone with def up is a nuiassance, to a roller it's irrelevant. To a charger they render you useless having to become one of those full-charge perch snipers your teammates glare at you for being so useless as you go 4/2 in an S match. :)

To chime in on the Dynamo conversation...it is a very frustrating issue to deal with, I've definitely been there myself (their Dynamo hitbox feeling different from yours). Honestly though I don't ordinarily have huge problems dealing with enemy Dynamos nowadays, not most of the time anyway. This is largely because it's probably the weapon I'm most familiar with in the game lol. I know its swings well enough to know when to close in quick, and when to stay the hell away. But...that definitely doesn't stop me from the occasional miscalculation, or outright mistakes lol. :p
I still think lag is the real issue. The weapon ACTUALLY plays like a longer ranged, slower speed splat roller. Just as the SSPro plays like a longer ranged, slower speed splattershot. But what players see on their screen is a 10 foot wide 45 degree arc of ink of which 100% is ohko. Rarely have I ever been hit by any part of the wave that didn't kill me in one hit - but using the weapon doesn't really work like that. Do my opponents have more damaging dynamos (well, they stack dmg but still...) No! The game just renders the dynamo animation the way it renders charger lasers - it could show it 30 degrees to the left of where it ACTUALLY is aimed. So the outside edge of the wave is ohko because they really hit you dead on and the animation didn't show it. Just as the charger laser pointing 3 walls over kills you because it was really on you. So you think you're dodging the dynamo, and in reality you're not. But there's no way to know that. So the dynamo IS OP to opponents not because of its real power or killing ability but because they have no idea how to avoid it because EVERYWHERE is its target :)

Similarly dynamo waves ALWAYS kill me AFTER I kill the dynamo. Yet when I USE dynamo, I've never once completed my fling for a trade when someone takes me out.

Nintendo543

Inkling
I'm level 25, and I still see a lot of people using Rollers these days. A few days ago one of my teams that I was on was all people with Rollers. It was so cool! But anyways, I think that a lot of people are using Shooters rather than other weapon classes is because they are quite easy to pick up and learn in my opinion. I'll see at least 1 person using a roller per match, but it's usually more. I don't think that Rollers are going down in use at all.

Miirisa

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Miirisa
Fixed that for you.

This happens to me so much. Sometimes I don`t even reach then but somehow they can splat me??

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral

It is funny, I was watching a few matches between Japanese players and stuff like that doesn't seem to happen... If it does, it is harder to notice, at least or it doesn't happen with the players streaming. Western players like us are just "blessed" with having to play Splatoon with varying degrees of lag.

Lag seems to affect the OHKO weapons the most, for obvious reasons. Dynamos, Chargers and the Inkzooka/Kraken specials being the biggest offenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom