• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Are there any weapons you absolutely WON'T use at all?

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
For me, personally, it's the Squiffers and Bamboozlers that I can't use. They've always just been confusing to me.
Are there any weapons that you refuse to use?

Last edited:

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I don't use weapons when I feel that they have another set I like much better, like the Slosher, Mini Splatling, Tri Slosher-Nouevaou, New Squiffer, Splattershot Pro, Inkbrush Nouevau, Gold Dynamo Roller, and Aerospray RG. I also don't use a Tentatek because they are so common, and I don't want to have many people on the same team with the same weapon.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
H3
L3 sometimes
Aerospray

Squiffers used to be stupid for me too but actually it can be very dangerous in the right hands.

Bamboozler still feels bad though I might need to practice more with it. Now that I'm S+ maybe I should make an alt XD

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
My experience with chargers is terrible enough I know I shouldn't annoy my teammates by trying!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Not absolutely since I try to play with every weapon.

But other than in Turf War occasionally, I avoid shooters with low accuracy. Drives me batty sometimes. Unless I'm at melee range with them, I can aim directly at someone and it turns into that scene from True Lies. It's ridiculous!

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I hate the Luna blaster because of how little aim it requires. You're pretty much guaranteed a splat if the first shot comes vaguely close to them, because the second shot is bound to hit.
I also hate Splattershots because of how good they are. Normally i'm terrible in CQC, but when I pick up a Splattershot my K/D skyrockets, it feels too easy.

I used to hate the squiffer because of how obsolete it is, but the sets (classic and fresh) are good enough that I don't hate it.

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Don't like rapid blasters. The pro variant is kind of fun now and then though. Also the carbon roller deco. Seekers aren't a bad pick, especially with the bomb rush, but they feel kind of weak on a weapon that already has great mobility.

Grimtaku487

Inkling
NNID
pinkpikachu2929
I can't use bamboozlers, aerosprays, and rollers.. but I try practicing in turf wars

trevar

Full Squid
NNID
blahmin027
No, I would go to ranked and play a game in S+ with the H3 xD. I use the H3 when I squad because I don't lose any points there. But I would use the H3 in S+ if I got something out of it.

Sexchzardth

Inkling
NNID
sesongo
I don't play anything that doesn't have autofire or Needs 4 plus hits to kill. I live in Uruguay, and Lag is a theme here, so you must be quick to kill or lag will make you suffer your own gameplay. I suck at aiming and hate spamming buttons so Nozzlenose family is definitively out for me. And I can't understand sloshing machines or bamboozlers, but I know that there are some killing machines out there playing those weapons and I sincerely admire them!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Chargers. I could probably be proficient with them but I like automatic fire too much.

trevar

Full Squid
NNID
blahmin027
Same but I once got 11 kills with the bamboo III. I mostly spammed as much attack up and sub saver up to burst bomb my enemy and I was laughing because this was in S

Edgy Page

Inkling
NNID
Not_Even_Razi
Not absolutely since I try to play with every weapon.

But other than in Turf War occasionally, I avoid shooters with low accuracy. Drives me batty sometimes. Unless I'm at melee range with them, I can aim directly at someone and it turns into that scene from True Lies. It's ridiculous!
Is that guy using a Splattershot Jr?

For me, personally, it's the Squiffers and Bamboozlers that I can't use. They've always just been confusing to me.
Are there any weapons that you refuse to use?
As for the rest of the thread, I've tried every type of weapon and I know I'll never be good with an E-Liter or a Nozzlenose. I'm not great with all other weapon classes but I can see potential for mastery of them that I don't see in those two.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Zimi, hate it so much. A weapon with good range and mobility with a Disrubbler. It's too easy to use and too powerful with that set. Also I only touch Kraken/Bubbler if it's a weapon that isn't cheap with it (96 Deco, Zimi, Splattershot Jr. etc.). I like the weapons that don't have the cheap main weapon bundled with those specials (Neo Sploosh is really fun but relies on stealth to do well so Kraken can't always be used to panic save). I like playing lesser used weapons and ones that are fun but not broken like the Neo Splash, Soda Slosher, N-ZAPs and the like.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Zimi, hate it so much. A weapon with good range and mobility with a Disrubbler. It's too easy to use and too powerful with that set. Also I only touch Kraken/Bubbler if it's a weapon that isn't cheap with it (96 Deco, Zimi, Splattershot Jr. etc.). I like the weapons that don't have the cheap main weapon bundled with those specials (Neo Sploosh is really fun but relies on stealth to do well so Kraken can't always be used to panic save). I like playing lesser used weapons and ones that are fun but not broken like the Neo Splash, Soda Slosher, N-ZAPs and the like.
I think your logic's a bit faulty if you believe any of those weapons are cheap or broken. They all have their strengths, and more importantly they all have their weaknesses. The Mini Splatlings for example have the same issue as all splatlings, namely the risk of getting caught without a charge and splatted, to name other issues.

If you don't like something, fine. But you sound like the type that looks down on people who use these things.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
That's a major theme in Pokémon circles. Increasingly, it's accepted that, despite there being around 350 legal fully-evolved Pokémon in the official ruleset most of the time (even more this year), there are always going to be around 12 that thoroughly dominate the statistics. The Top 8 in last year's World Championships featured, out of 48 individual creatures, a grand total of 8 species (one of which only appeared once, in the 8th place team).

And scenes like that have helped the community come to terms with the fact that you can't be quirky and win, let alone use your favourites; although top-level players have always accepted that, I noticed a clear change in attitudes over the last couple of years among the general player base. It's definitely possible to go anti-meta (very few players wanted to risk that in Worlds, else we could have seen a dominant presence from that) but consistent victories are what are required to keep ahead in such a chance-based game, and there's only ever, at best, a moderate picking of Pokémon that can grant those. It's no longer typical to look down on meta-heavy teams; if anything, the converse is true.

Splatoon is a very different game, however. If it were similar to Pokémon in the amount of power imbalance between weapons, I don't know if I'd enjoy it as much, particularly because it's much harder to group shooter weapons into unofficial tiers than Pokémon. But Splatoon is a finely-balanced game, compared to the standards we expect from Nintendo (Smash, MK), and even if some weapons are, individually, simply incapable of winning given firefights in equally-skilled situations or creating as many opportunities for themselves, the level of freedom within a battle in Splatoon means that it's very possible to create winning situations for almost any match-up, and that otherwise lesser-used weapons can fill crucial niches in meta-centric teams. Splatoon doesn't have bad weapons. If anything, some weapons require more support, map control and/or set-up but correspondingly pay dividends.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
I too don't like the Squiffers and Bamboozlers....I just can't use them..A normal Charger weapon is bad enough..But those are worse for me..

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Aerospray, splooshomatic, carbon roller, and brushes First one because it's incredibly weak, second and third because the range is horrendous, and fourth because the weapon leaves you way to vulnerable. There are other weapons I'm not against using but they have some flaws which I dont like or I'm just terrible at using them.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Tentatek splattershot it was the first weapon I mastered and the one that got me A+ in ranked, however I refuse to use it because I just feel too guilty pulling this weapon out unless the situation is dire, I usually get over 20 splats and win in most mode when I use it. I usually will give most other weapons the benefit of the doubt and try them out even if they aren't that good

S rank
NNID: Saber1698
Group: Blu-Tang Gang
Mains: :wst_charge_normalh:,:wst_charge_quick01:,:wst_shot_triplequick01:,:wst_shot_precision01:,:wst_shot_quickmiddle01:,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom