• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Are there any weapons you absolutely WON'T use at all?

darthteddy93

Inkling
Sloshers in general, including the sloshing machine as I have to constantly tap ZR. After a few battles, my finger hurts.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
All this squiffer hate, and here I am, with the new squiffer as my second most used weapon, I feel cool. >=P

I used to think squiffers sucked and dynamos were too dang slow, so I never touched them.

After I made my pledge to play and learn every weapon(and finally putting on motion control), I did a 180 on the slow roller and speedy snoipah, turning my hate sights on the nozzlenoses, particularlly the H3...

Next, after biting the bullet and playing more nozzlenoses, especially the H3. I felt like a bad-bass cowboy bounty hunter with the L3s... and I felt pity at what the H3 was trying to be: a cool, heavy weaponish, slow in the head and movement but he brings the PAIN bounty hunter brother.

Then H3 got it's turf coverage buff... and I still felt bad for it, but at least uncle Nintony gave it a lollipop.

Then I got a stomach flu, my poo came out blue.

And now, we have the cherry H3, and I still feel a tiny bit sorry for poor old H3... but now it has a sweet, pimped out ride so it's all cool I guess.

I play all weapons... but I only play non-cherry H3s when random weapon squad tells me to.
All the weapons punish you for missing shots(except maybe aerospray, but thats because it makes you xD)

But HOLY MUNGUS does it feel awful when you miss a salvo with he H3.
To put it in persspective, i felt as bad as when I miss a shot as the range blaster.
That first shot misses and BANG! Your pants are around your ankles for a second(plenty of time for that approaching squid to bring da ink).
Unless you got some tammaate or kraken to save your squid's butt, you are splat.

Why does the game punish you with this tragic fire rate? WHY?!?
Oh wait, you are using luna blaster with three times the normal range. OK

So they are punishing the H3 for having... 8 more points of range than the L3(thats about the range difference between a charger and its scoped twin) and the same damage as an L3 with (roughly) 1 an a 1/2 damage ups!

Wait a minute...
Why don't I just equip a snorkel mask(or a coro coro cap, if you are morally opposed) and play an H3 with over TWICE the firing rate?
Because the kits are better? Suction bombs/echo or point sensy/zookah are pretty meh if you ask me.

Aw geeze, cherry nozzlenose! Why are you bringing in that splash wall and bubbler? No! Don't put those together like that! NO! Thats not how you make a balanced kit! Quick, grab that splat bomb instead before Nintendo patche-awwwwwwwww GREAT!

Now you H3 guys will NEVER get a buff >_>

I should have posted this in an H3 analysis thread, oh well

TLDR:
H3 Nozzlenose kidnapped and killed my wife, my beloved S+ bragging rights rank.
I must have my revenge.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Long range shooters. Splattershot Pro, Dual Squelcher, Jet Squelcher. Omg. I can happily play S with sloshers, brushes, splatlings, short range shooters and snipers and S+ with rollers but

NOOOOO NEVER LONG RANGE SHOOTERS AAAAAH I just don't understand. I am so so bad with them and I'm not interested in changing that.

The Meme Lord

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gravityfallsboy
I absolutely hate using any charger, since my aim is extremely bad, and I'd rather fight up close and personal with my mains, the Rollers and Brushes.

steak

Inkling
NNID
Sparkle-Shy
I hate using sloshing machines. They're kinda confusing for me... Not only that, but to me it's difficult to aim with it. I almost never get a good kill.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I hate using sloshing machines. They're kinda confusing for me... Not only that, but to me it's difficult to aim with it. I almost never get a good kill.
's okay *pat pat*

I'm guessing part of the problem why you and other players get confused on is you think and try to use sloshers more like guns than... well... buckets full of ink. Imagine yourself in real life running around, dousing people with a pail full of water and how you intend to go about getting as much water on someone as possible.

Your ink behaves less bullet-like and more liquid-like. It gets everywhere all at once.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Honestly, I just hate rollers. If I get them with the random weapon selector, I'm really not that bad with them, and I've tried to pick up the Dynamos. I just have a vendetta against them for how many times the Carbon has killed me from out of absolutely nowhere. I've just never had an interest in playing them well. I just won't play them. shrugs

memk

Inkling
NNID
memk1213
Switch Friend Code
SW-3176-1508-5800
rollers and paintbrushes. they just feel scummy

mar¡

Inkling
Honestly, I just hate rollers. If I get them with the random weapon selector, I'm really not that bad with them, and I've tried to pick up the Dynamos. I just have a vendetta against them for how many times the Carbon has killed me from out of absolutely nowhere. I've just never had an interest in playing them well. I just won't play them. shrugs
Kindred spirits! I feel the same way.

But I have tried to get better at them. It's difficult. You need to be a sneaky snek to play well with them (which is good, hiding is a major mechanic of the game), but I'm kind of a DPS. ^^'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom