Create a dream kit for your main, BUT...

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
So everyone has their dream kits, but a lot of them combine two really broken things. Understandable, I would want my main to be really strong too. A lot of subs and specials are just really outclassed though despite some having really cool synergies with some main weapons on paper. Makes dream kit talks feel a lot more about objectivity rather than what someone specifically wants out of their weapon...so here's an attempt to fix that.

Basically, look at the tier lists below. You have 6 points to distribute across a sub and a special for your main weapon. You can put 5 in one and 1 in the other, 2 and 4, 3 and 3, or you could use fewer points if you feel like it'd be best for one reason or another. What kit would you give your main weapon(s) with these rules and why?

1708350753103.png
1708350563341.png

(i'm sure someone could come up with better tierings than i did but this is just what made the most sense to me)

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
stamper fizzy kraken

and why is splashdown at the bottom? i’ve gotten killed by it from incredibly far away.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Fun concept! Tent already has two perfect kits but if I had to make one more I'd go dart/cooler, which is actually the kit I want hehe. Dart on tent could unironically be very strong

If not burst bomb/ultra stamp would be cool, or curling/ink storm.
I just want to paint my feet

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
stamper fizzy kraken
That'd cost 8 since fizzy is 5 and kraken is 3, you only have 6

and why is splashdown at the bottom? i’ve gotten killed by it from incredibly far away.
Splashdown really doesn't directly provide anything to the comps that have it. It's something you need to push up to use which often requires a pick or another special, it doesn't really work great as a panic button or with helping you fight because people are already getting used to shooting it down and trading with it. Having your special just guarantee a trade isn't worth a whole lot. It's really strong in open but that's not really the point of focus for most people. Kind of says a lot when the Enperry Dualies are basically the most ideal fit it could ask for since the main and sub both should help it get in on paper and it still isn't a good special for it. Still can be cool if you do manage to get it into the right position or just want to throw it out for the insane object damage, although I don't think that's enough to justify it being any higher.

For mine...

Wiper is probably Torpedo + Big Bubbler. Thing really needs a sub that pokes and Torpedo already was kinda perfect for it. Big Bubbler I think would be really cool for it even if I'm not especially fond of it most of the time. Wiper's super mobile so it can easily get in ideal spots to use it, has the range to actually somewhat poke outside of the bubble, and the up-close one shot lets it protect the bubble as well. There's not many weapons that have all three of those at the same time.

Splattershot's a bit harder since I'm not huge on any of the 2 point specials for it but it really needs a bomb. I guess my choice would be Fizzy Bomb + Ultra Stamp. Both of those are extremely flexible even if Stamp's kinda bad at most of what it tries to do.

Stamper would unironically be Angle Shooter + Crab Tank for me because it doesn't feel like it needs any of these subweapons and Angle Shooter does more for it than Toxic Mist. If I were to come up with something new I'd probably just give it Squid Beakon + Triple Inkstrike. Beakons have a lot of utility and let you use the main weapon's ink tank for just the main weapon and you wouldn't have to worry about your subweapon through most of a match and I like the burst painting and displacement Triple Inkstrike has. Unironically think this would work with Missiles too, like this thing would just do Wiper Deco's kit better lmao. You could definitely make an argument for a lot of stuff with this one though.

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i honestly really like zipcaster on tetras. i know it's not A Good Special, in terms of the meta, but i like it. i love being able to mess with backliners with it and often get shot out of the air for it but you can't win 'em all. and under this system, that leaves me 4 points for a bomb... i'd honestly take any of the 4-point bombs. maybe splat bombs, just to make a decision? wouldn't mind autobombs again, though.

not my main, but if vdapples just had a bomb instead of beakons, i think they'd be much more usable... but tacticooler is a 5-pointer, so if i want to keep it, i can't have a bomb. hm. maybe toxic mist, to theoretically slow enemies down enough to get on top of them (yeah, right)... alternatively, i embrace post-mild-rework ink storm as a support special and take that instead, which lets me take... curling? or maybe mine, and i can shark around to combo with my mines? yeah i dunno, maybe cooler dapples are just doomed

☆Brody☆

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4277-5054-4618
I’ve gotta go with Reeflux with Torpedo and Wave Breaker. I feel like it has some good synergy with both the sub and special having clean combos into a 90 damage hit while also allowing you to locate people. I really love Reeflux as a main weapon but the kits it has right now are… well… not great.

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
My vanilla kit is mines missiles, which amounts to 5 points. I keep the spare point to give me 7 point (I think I deserve a little treat yk), and I give foil flingza torp/wail

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Oblivion_spl
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
Reef-lux - inkmine, storm. Storm to help with fights while pushing up and mine can damage opponents while revealing where they are which can hopefully combo with a 90 damage hit.

Jazellie

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-4798-9690-3003
my dream kit for beakon/bubbler ballpoint is under six points, yipeeee!
i feel like beakon/bubbler would be really fun for a more supportive kit, you can use your bubbler to take more aggressive positions or protect the objective and place down beakons for your teammates!

my dream kit of fizzy/splashdown wiper is also doable!
fizzy bomb is my favorite sub weapon and i think wiper with fizzy would be SOOOO fun, and splashdown would be really fun to use too!

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
glooga: mist + inkjet or suction + bubbler. mist wouldn't be toooo bad on it and would let me have my beloved inkjet, suction bubbler is a more rounded out kit idea that i think would actually be solid

tetras: beakon + kraken if we don't want realism (there are already 2 dualies with beakon, and potentially soon to be 2 weapons with this exact kit, so no chance this would actually happen), or inkmine + kraken (with a point to spare!) if we do want to be realistic. kraken would be really really fun on it and i don't really think it needs a bomb to make it worth it, so an annoying deployable sub would work well for it i think

splattershot pro (new main of mine!): burst + reefslider. i mean it 100% this is my dream kit regardless of any arbitrary restrictions i actually just think this would be awesome. pls kill the endlag on reefslider first tho

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
I think that Torp and Wave would be really fun on Dynamo. Torp is an easy choice for feet paint, the paint from a flying one's explosion, and rolling one can give you some nice combos. Wave, though it's not quite as strong currently, means there's a space that has to be respected due to the waves. Either you jump and you're stuck in the air, letting the Dynamo get an easier close flick, or take the hit and make yourself more vulnerable to a flick from further away. Wave Breaker could also meat shield for you in a pinch. I think it would be a fun way to make Dynamo's flicks have to be respected more and be threatening in situations where it normally couldn't be, but I've always wanted Wave Breaker on Dynamo regardless because it just seems like it would fit me very well lol.

Alternatively, I would go with Curling and Inkstorm. I haven't though about this one as much, but I still think it would be kind of neat. Curling gives you a path forward quickly, linear as it may be, and you could throw a slightly cooked one over a ledge before you flick to put more threats out at once. I'm not sure it would be that effective but who cares. Inkstorm, again, makes Dynamo paint even better and the faster heal rate while in it could be good for both your team and yourself. While Dynamo is a roller and likes to stay in ink, with how long the flicks take it would help a little bit, at least that's my hope. Curling is a bit of an homage to the seeker of the Tempered Dynamo from 1, and I thought about wail to be the full reference but to be frank the less wails there are in a game the better cause I find that special very very annoying.

I'm very glad your tierlist just so happened to align perfectly with my existing kit ideas.

applekrisps

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him/it/its/ey/em
ideally, i would want fizzy/zipcaster on dapples, cause i really enjoy using zipcaster and i think it'd be fun to learn how to play that, but that's 7 points, soo... fizzy/splashdown on dapples instead :]

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
Torpedo & Chumps on Dread Wringer wouldn’t be bad, definitely preferable to either of its real kits

Pearl7sp

Inkling
Pronouns
Any/All
Switch Friend Code
SW-6393-0844-6409
So everyone has their dream kits, but a lot of them combine two really broken things. Understandable, I would want my main to be really strong too. A lot of subs and specials are just really outclassed though despite some having really cool synergies with some main weapons on paper. Makes dream kit talks feel a lot more about objectivity rather than what someone specifically wants out of their weapon...so here's an attempt to fix that.

Basically, look at the tier lists below. You have 6 points to distribute across a sub and a special for your main weapon. You can put 5 in one and 1 in the other, 2 and 4, 3 and 3, or you could use fewer points if you feel like it'd be best for one reason or another. What kit would you give your main weapon(s) with these rules and why?

View attachment 9573 View attachment 9572

(i'm sure someone could come up with better tierings than i did but this is just what made the most sense to me)
ive got a couple mains so ill list both, for tri-slosher i would do burst/splashdown, and for range i would probably go with splat bomb/super chump

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom