• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Dead Thread - Pls lck or smthng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setu

Please, there aren't any "techs" in this game. Or at least not like Supre Smesh Bras. The only thing that is closest to a technique is splatterhopping, from what I've seen. Techniques in super smash bros are techniques that weren't created on purpose, or at least thats what it first meant. Once someone shows me a technique that wasn't meant to be put in the game I'll be impressed. Its ridiculous how many people there are that are trying to look smart or talented by dubbing their own "technique" that they "found".

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos

To be honest, I think the more appropriate term would be strategies. There are multiple strategies for each map, for certain weapons, to counter certain weapons, etc. Although calling them techniques is still fine.

Either way, so what if people are trying to find their own little skills and they post them online? It might help someone else if it doesn't help you. The game hasn't even been released yet, so there are some things people may not know about, whether it's a real thing the developers wanted people to find and utilize or not.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Splatdashing also appears to be a tech. I can see your point with squidteching though, that just seems like a strategy.
All the same, you might want to try expressing your opinion in a nicer way :)

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I get where you're coming from since a lot of "techs" some people have been posting are literally just "press this button like it was intended!" Which isn't an advance tech at all.

That said I think it's definitely possible to find AT eventually along the lines of Smash Bros. And it'll probably be by accident like any major fighting game. There very well may be techs in the game, it's just a matter of discovering them.

Like the post above, "strategy" is a much better term for what most people have been posting recently.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
I get where you're coming from since a lot of "techs" some people have been posting are literally just "press this button like it was intended!" Which isn't an advance tech at all.

That said I think it's definitely possible to find AT eventually along the lines of Smash Bros. And it'll probably be by accident like any major fighting game. There very well may be techs in the game, it's just a matter of discovering them.

Like the post above, "strategy" is a much better term for what most people have been posting recently.
Well some techs are as intended. L cancelling in smash is considered tech and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Same with ground/wall/stage teching.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Well some techs are as intended. L cancelling in smash is considered tech and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Same with ground/wall/stage teching.
That's definitely true! What made L-canceling an Advance Tech though was the strick timing. You can't just press it after your fair or bair and you're good. You need to get the timing right when landing which is pretty strict. It's an advance technique because you can't just pick up the game and instantly do it. The average person will need to practice the timing. The skill level required to do it plus the useful pay off it gives is what makes it an Advance Tech.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
That's definitely true! What made L-canceling an Advance Tech though was the strick timing. You can't just press it after your fair or bair and you're good. You need to get the timing right when landing which is pretty strict. It's an advance technique because you can't just pick up the game and instantly do it. The average person will need to practice the timing. The skill level required to do it plus the useful pay off it gives is what makes it an Advance Tech.
Yeah true. This is why I think Splat hopping and dashing would still be AT. They both require specific timing to pull of well.

ProjectQ

Inkling
NNID
ianwit8
Please, there aren't any "techs" in this game. Or at least not like Supre Smesh Bras. The only thing that is closest to a technique is splatterhopping, from what I've seen. Techniques in super smash bros are techniques that weren't created on purpose, or at least thats what it first meant. Once someone shows me a technique that wasn't meant to be put in the game I'll be impressed. Its ridiculous how many people there are that are trying to look smart or talented by dubbing their own "technique" that they "found".
In Smash, a tech doesn't necessarily need to be unintended. For example, air dodging 20 frames or less before landing after being put into tumble animation is called (by the VAST majority) a "tech," even though it was intended to be put in. In Smash Wii u, the game even tells you about it in the loading screen when it shows a tip.

In my opinion, a tech is something that requires a more complex button input than the standard, not initially used by all players. For example, splatdashing is a tech, while the standard would be just simple movement.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
In Smash, a tech doesn't necessarily need to be unintended. For example, air dodging 20 frames or less before landing after being put into tumble animation is called (by the VAST majority) a "tech," even though it was intended to be put in. In Smash Wii u, the game even tells you about it in the loading screen when it shows a tip.

In my opinion, a tech is something that requires a more complex button input than the standard, not initially used by all players. For example, splatdashing is a tech, while the standard would be just simple movement.
lol I talked about teching like 4 posts ago. Said pretty much exactly what your first paragraph says, but paraphrased :P
Also teching isn't a complex input. I think DigDeep's description is better for that reason. It's not about input, it's about execution, and sometimes awareness.

ProjectQ

Inkling
NNID
ianwit8
lol I talked about teching like 4 posts ago. Said pretty much exactly what your first paragraph says, but paraphrased :p
Also teching isn't a complex input. I think DigDeep's description is better for that reason. It's not about input, it's about execution, and sometimes awareness.
1. I didn't read posts above, my bad :p
2. When I say complex input, I only mean that it is more complex than one simple button. This pertains more to execution, I just worded it wrong

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
There will be advanced techniques in the future, but right now we're in the phase where every minor discovery is considered a "tech". I understand where you're coming from, but's in an argument over semantics, really. Does it really matter what people call them? It looks like Splatoon will offer a fair amount of depth, so I'm excited.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Yeah getting anal over incorrect term usage is more damaging to a community than incorrect term usage.

Reactions: FEF

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Everyone getting their first hands on experience with the game

Everyone excited about all the things they can do that haven't been shown to be purposefully executed in promo material

Someone's pissed at the use of the word "tech"

Someone's painting all the excited people as "trying to look smart or talented"

Someone's a bit of a bore

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Everyone getting their first hands on experience with the game

Everyone excited about all the things they can do that haven't been shown to be purposefully executed in promo material

Someone's pissed at the use of the word "tech"

Someone's painting all the excited people as "trying to look smart or talented"

Someone's a bit of a bore
Hmm who's the bore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom