• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Dead Thread - Pls lck or smthng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
There are techs, then there are glitches.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
A lot of people are getting excited by the idea of being able to find something new and coin a term for it before anyone else. That's just the natural progression of the hype train, and if people are having fun with it you should just let them, man.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There are tricks and stuff in most games, competitive or not and I doubt Splatoon is the exception. That said, the name "tech" is really really lame and it brings with it the image of some of the worst aspects of the Smash Bros competitive community. I think it would be interesting if tricks and strategies in Splatoon had a different name. Perhaps some punny name, since the game is filled with puns.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
There are tricks and stuff in most games, competitive or not and I doubt Splatoon is the exception. That said, the name "tech" is really really lame and it brings with it the image of some of the worst aspects of the Smash Bros competitive community. I think it would be interesting if tricks and strategies in Splatoon had a different name. Perhaps some punny name, since the game is filled with puns.
Squid Tricks. Squicks.

Ex. Hey, man, check out this Squick I found last night. Did you hear about that new Squick? Eh, it doesn't look very useful.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Squid Tricks. Squicks.

Ex. Hey, man, check out this Squick I found last night. Did you hear about that new Squick? Eh, it doesn't look very useful.
See? Much better.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I really don't see how the simple word technique carries the weight of the negative aspects of a scene
A lot of people here came from the Smashboards, so after years of playing Smash, hearing the word tech brings up a whole different meaning for them. But I do agree for the most part that technique can be used anywhere, but we might as well have fun with the squid puns and make our own jargon. =P

Setu

I just don't understand why the word "tech" has to be used since it is only a term used in the smash community. And techs were not meant to be in the game, L canceling wasn't meant to give less landing lag than usual, it was used to air dodge and shield. I have no problem with the "history" of the word tech in the smash community, just with how if was only used in the smash bros series.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I just don't understand why the word "tech" has to be used since it is only a term used in the smash community. And techs were not meant to be in the game, L canceling wasn't meant to give less landing lag than usual, it was used to air dodge and shield. I have no problem with the "history" of the word tech in the smash community, just with how if was only used in the smash bros series.
It's not. You must not be involved in the Fighting Game Community, because literally every competitive fighting game (Tekken, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Marvel, etc.) all use the term "tech". I don't know why you have an agenda against the competitive Smash, but using tech in Splatoon is perfectly fine and not forcing it. It's used among other competitive communities and seeing as this community is going to be made up largely of Smash players (Squidboards even being linked to Smashboards) it's common sense that people will try to carry over the term.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
It seems a little too early to start coming up with all these techs. I mean we've had access to the game for less than 24 hours at one hour periods, I think we should wait a bit before calling all this stuff 'advanced tech'. d:

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Let me show you the tech that I tech'd when I was teching that brand new tech that they just tech'd.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Let me show you the tech that I tech'd when I was teching that brand new tech that they just tech'd.
Technically that isn't tech, technically.

So is there going to be a big debate about the analytics of the word tech or is someone gonna lock this up then? I feel like it's only going to devolve into complete drivel

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Technically that isn't tech, technically.

So is there going to be a big debate about the analytics of the word tech or is someone gonna lock this up then? I feel like it's only going to devolve into complete drivel
Or we can just agree that Squicks are going to be the go to term for these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom