• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Details about the Squid Sisters to be revealed in "Squid Sisters Stories"

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I have a feeling this will slowly reveal some plot points on what Splatoon 2 is about perhaps even telling us what the single player Campaign is about
A Single Player Campaign would be great if it tied into the Squid Sister's plot. They were very entertaining in Octo Valley so I look forward to what's next from the talented writing team at Treehouse.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Interesting. The seperation started taking place before the final splatfest then. The story seems to be hinting that the splatfest was the "final" nail in the coffin. Oooooohhhhh this is getting gooooooood. Can't wait for chapter 2.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I just can't imagine these two living with each other. They must truly be close if they don't have wars at dawn while getting ready for the day :P

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Interesting. The seperation started taking place before the final splatfest then. The story seems to be hinting that the splatfest was the "final" nail in the coffin. Oooooohhhhh this is getting gooooooood. Can't wait for chapter 2.
Popularity does a number on people. Seems like they reached their limit in the end, and it really started to take effect. I almost feel bad...I wonder what it leads into next.

I just can't imagine these two living with each other. They must truly be close if they don't have wars at dawn while getting ready for the day :p
So...wars like Pancakes VS Waffles in the morning?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hmm... kinda figured their singing carriers would branch out from each other when not being a duet, given their personal song styles.

I just can't imagine these two living with each other. They must truly be close if they don't have wars at dawn while getting ready for the day :p
Yeah~ sometimes families can oddly be that way. I'm certain they had their moments of spite towards each other though.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Growing up sucks for these reasons alone. You need a job to pay your own way.. but that job takes your time away from the ones you are closest too.

I don't think it's either of their faults.
I've been there. I think I know where this is going.

*Tinfoil hat on*
The Octarian stealing the Great Zapfish wasn't that wide spread a problem.
So after Callie and Marie get Super popular.
The Octarian decide that upsetting the Social balance by kidnapping someone very popular to the public.
Maybe they hold one trying to Free DJ Octavia, as part of the Ransom demands.

I finished the Story for Splatoon probably... 2 years ago now. So I'm not super sure if I missed any important points. But I feel this is a possibility. Or the shot of Marie looking off in the distance is her missing Callie .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
So after Callie and Marie get Super popular.
The Octarian decide that upsetting the Social balance by kidnapping someone very popular to the public.
Maybe they hold one trying to Free DJ Octavia, as part of the Ransom demands.
I had the same theory myself soon as the Splatoon 2 trailer was revealed. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking of this possibility....it would make sense to alot of things after all.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Well she is a double agent they could have Caught her behind enemy lines also... It's just a theory.
I might be totally wrong we have very little information to go off of.

Feel free to put your speculation forward, I would love to have a discussion with different theories.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Feel free to put your speculation forward, I would love to have a discussion with different theories.
Well, we could revive the old/early theory that she's actually (part) Octarian, because purple ink...?

Might as well have some fun and throw the crackpot stuff out there.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Might as well have some fun and throw the crackpot stuff out there.
That's part of the reason why I made this thread, apart from sharing updates on the story itself (when I manage to catch them)...

Those juicy theories. I want to see if anyone can nail it on the head with what ends up happening. Or even get anywhere close.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Close? Pfft... Who the heck wants to get anywhere close when there's crackpot ideas to hatch, slash work to create, headcanon to think up, and a waifu war to war?

Shotgun blast it all and if we manage to somehow hit the gnat we'll say "mission accomplished" and congratulate ourselves! :p

Ah, the next three months will be something all right...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The villain is Mario with the FLUDD, both of whom see the ink everywhere and have horrible Delfino Isle PTSD that sends them on the warpath :P

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Ah~ thus forcing the Inklings and Octarians to set aside their differences since the Great Turf War because FLUDD Mario is a Galactus/Extinction Level Event!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Ah~ thus forcing the Inklings and Octarians to set aside their differences since the Great Turf War because FLUDD Mario is a Galactus/Extinction Level Event!
Mario vs. Splatoon: Fate of Inkopolis

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
...I already posted this chapter. See here.

(And I noticed there's two other threads about the same topic that was made after my own here...is that going to be a problem? I'm doing my best to keep discussion on this organized...)

EDIT: Cleaned up the first post of the thread via adding links to each chapter, so people are aware of what's been posted already so far.

EDIT 2: Added the story images for each chapter, taken from Splatoon JP's Twitter. Click to full view them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom