• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Details about the Squid Sisters to be revealed in "Squid Sisters Stories"

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Lore for Splatoon? So the devs were listening when people said they wanted to expand on that.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I think Nintendo is just doing demo stuff but no press event. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
They said no press conference (like Sony, Microsoft....ect) but that doesn't mean they won't do a treehouse or a Direct (my bet is on a direct)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
At this point it sounds like they're setting up for new idols/mascots here. BRING IT ON NINTENDO!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I just realized, and I'm not sure if anyone else has...but...

The flagship ink colors for this game are Pink and Green.

This is also Callie and Maries Ink colors. And the ones used in the Final Splatfest.

I think they're tieing in alot with this Squid Sisters for this game, and this plot is just a part of that.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Interesting. So this week mostly teases what is in store for the shop owners of the original game.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm liking this direction. Not getting any sense of dread. Just the tangy bittersweetness growing up or personal progress and realizing the world has it's own rhythm that isn't always on your beat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I'm digging it because of in spite of those always wanting things to go the "dark" route... (¬_¬)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
"Do you think Annie and Sheldon...?!"
I don't know about you guys, but i ship it.
If annie is working at the weapon shop now, who will sell me my funky hats?
Also reminds me of this old artwork:
800px-Ver2.2.0_annie_+_sheldon.jpg

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Fun fact- seems what the two go out to eat for is dependent on what version of the story your reading. IE, JP and UK's. Referencing their own Splat fests relating to foods. (Plain Pizza vs Pineapple Pizza for example).

Also this means every version has its own unique drawing of the foods...however I don't think I can get a high res picture for the American counterpart. Does anyone have a way to get it? JP and UK's I can get easily.

I'll update the first post of the thread with these pictures and the Chapter link later today.

EDIT: I got the American food picture. Its smaller res, but it'll do. The first post of this thread has been updated with all of the illustrations and the link to Chapter 4.

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So I guess Jelonzo's set to fill the void left by Sean and Annie.

I do hope his Inkling has gotten better in two years.
"Oh~ well met and salutations my adolescent patron! I am Jelonzo, proprietor of Jelly Fresh and I entreat you to peruse my establishment's menagerie of garments and accouterments in the hopes you may obtain an article most suitable to include amongst your mesmeric wardrobe!"

Yeah... I can see it... I think?

Jhonnybird

Full Squid
NNID
Jhonnybird2004
YAY! It looks like Callie was in calamari country in the trailer, which explains why Marie wasn't there, which connects to chapter 5.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I think there is a whole lot more story to come. Remember Callie and Marie are cousins not sisters.
Not sure if we will see Calamari Country in the game or not would be cool but not holding my breath.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
New Chapter up!
Google Translate:

"【Episode 6】
The next day, fireflies awaited arrival of Aori at the station.
However, I did not ride ahead on the scheduled train.
I guess I overslept again, I thought so, I waited for the next train.
However, there was no Aori on the next train.
Next and next.
Even at night, Aori did not show up.

I tried calling the office, but he said that he left home as soon as work finished last night. As it looked like he was in a hurry, the manager answered that he thought he was going to Shiokara region as it was. I tried calling the room, but I have no response. Fireflies learned cheers.

The next morning, the firefly hastened the schedule and decided to return to Hikarara City at the beginning. I was sorry to my parents, but I was concerned about Aori, but I could not stay even if I stayed. . I do not mind feeling in the car, and I examine Aori with a smartphone. However, I could not find such information.

When arriving at Hikara City, the firefly first headed to the room. The room remained tidy as the firefly departed. In other words, there is no way Aori came back. Where on earth will you not stop here? After thinking for a while, when I thought of it, fireflies jumped out of the room towards a certain place. (to be continued)"

Waiting on the US site...And thanks @ForteReborn , for nudging me on this one.

EDIT: US SITE UPDATED!

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I'm guessing that the Japanese and English versions tell the story from a standing? Japanese in first-person and English in third-person, or is that just what happens with direct, literal translations via Google Translate?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Japanese in first-person and English in third-person, or is that just what happens with direct, literal translations via Google Translate?
Its the way Japanese tends to work differently than English. Especially with word order and whatnot. And Google Translate isn't...reliable, to say the least. That's taking what I know about the language's function (not that I'm good at it myself at all...) and Google Translate being not so accurate all the time. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's up in English now, and if they actually do a female kidnapping story with Callie, I will be so very annoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom