• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Details about the Squid Sisters to be revealed in "Squid Sisters Stories"

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
That sounds rightly fascinating!

The first one is ridiculously easy to speed run, especially to non-speed runners like myself. Which turns out quite useful when you're trying to complete the amiibo challenges, kit out an alt, or give would-be new player the grand tour. And it's given me a bit of admiration for speed runners too.
Looks like there's alot less room for error in this one, doesn't it? At least compared to the first game that seemed mostly straight forward...(Felt that way to me at least, for normal play).

I'd be mighty curious to see how Speed Runners like you tackle this one, given the new weapons available to the mode and all.
It's quite tough speedrunning Splatoon 1 now, especially when you don't have a great system set up for running (me). But, even though it's late in this game's lifespan, as Spla2n is coming out in less than 2 months (jeez!), I would definitely try speedrunning this game, as it's quite easy to learn (especially New Game+, look it up).

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
But, even though it's late in this game's lifespan, as Spla2n is coming out in less than 2 months (jeez!), I would definitely try speedrunning this game
As I see it, it's never too late to Speed Run any game. There's always new time saving glitches and shortcuts being found on even the oldest games. I remember watching a Recorded Livestream Speed Run of Luigis Mansion (Awesome Games Done quick, in its hayday) and the Speed Runner noting how only recently at the time, A new time saving glitch/skip had been discovered that had never been noticed. For years. And only a newer Speed Runner had found it.

The hunt to find new breaks and new ways to navigate the games never have a true end I figure. The older the game, the more learned.

So yeah, some encouragement for folks along with your words here to give it a go. I cant say I'm capable of such speed running myself unfortunately, hah.

Maave

Inkling Commander
On the original trailers I thought Marie had turned to the dark side, turns out it was Callie

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
On the original trailers I thought Marie had turned to the dark side, turns out it was Callie
If the final splatfest had gone the other way, I'm sure it would have been Marie. Oddly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom