• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Details about the Squid Sisters to be revealed in "Squid Sisters Stories"

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
It's up in English now, and if they actually do a female kidnapping story with Callie, I will be so very annoyed.
But, but that (NPC) rescuer is also female so that makes it like totes OK/s

Half-heartedly hoping it's more of a comrade-trapped-behind-enemy-lines sort of story. One can dream.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
To be fair everyone. I can't think of more Iconic characters in the Splatoon universe, than the Squid Sisters (except maybe Judd). Anyone can get kidnapped, caught behind enemy lines, or simply in the wrong place at the wrong time... or she could have just walked away from the idol life, To be fair this based off of Japanese culture. The Japanese Idol life is a hard one like as stated in earlier Chapters they had little time for themselves simple life is lost. but really whatever they decide will not affect my will to purchase.

After playing Neir:Atomaton and watching countless anime with Female leads. The thought of a kidnapping story arc doesn't bother me that much Callie would be the kind of character to try and find her own way out... well that is my impression of her Strong willed, determined, not one to roll over without a fight.

But that is me I'm all for Women in media that aren't Stereotypical eye candy / Damsel in distress. I know that old tropes in media and literature are hard to take. i'm hoping for a far more complicated story. but it's not like they Octarians haven't kidnapped A man character before .

when you are a person set on world domination you will do whatever it takes to get your way.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I just realized I hadn't updated the first post with the new chapter link and pictures. Sorry guys, I'll get on that later today soon as I can.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, I think THIS mention of a new trailer may be related to our Squid Sisters Stories...possibly?
One can imagine the trailer being related to story mode.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It'd be weird to have a story trailer now since it might spoil the squid sister stories, but maybe they'll just show gameplay and only slightly touch on the story. It'll be funny if Callie still isn't shown. :L

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
It'd be weird to have a story trailer now since it might spoil the squid sister stories
But what if the Squid Sister Stories is a warm up that is supposed to take us up into the trailer? Think about it. The story gives us a bit of backlog on whats happened thus far, then the trailer would show whats presently happening- be it Callie gone missing or whatever it may be. The story IS leading up into something after all...so why not it be the trailer?

Hero Mode/Single player hasn't been spoken about at all much. This would be a good lead into it.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
But what if the Squid Sister Stories is a warm up that is supposed to take us up into the trailer? Think about it. The story gives us a bit of backlog on whats happened thus far, then the trailer would show whats presently happening- be it Callie gone missing or whatever it may be. The story IS leading up into something after all...so why not it be the trailer?

Hero Mode/Single player hasn't been spoken about at all much. This would be a good lead into it.
That would leave the SSS pretty short with an abrupt ending, but yeah that makes sense. I just thought they would put out chapters until E3 and reveal story mode there.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
If they do continue the SplatoonSequealSortaSuperSecretSquidSisterSideStorySpecial (SSSSSSSSSS) after tomorrow, then maybe the next chapter will just reiterate what's in the trailer and continue on from there.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
If they do continue the SplatoonSequealSortaSuperSecretSquidSisterSideStorySpecial (SSSSSSSSSS) after tomorrow, then maybe the next chapter will just reiterate what's in the trailer and continue on from there.
HOLY CRAP
I think we might be finding callie in the single player, if the trailer indicates anything
Dude
Dude
I need Splatoon 2 now

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
(This thread just exploded)

Alright so, anyone want to list any interesting details spotted in the video? At least to bide us over untill gameexplain handles it. Particularly plot related things.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Callie was turned into a evil octarian, and is leading the squadron of octlings, and will be marrying DJ Octavio, and Captin' Cuttlefish will be a grandpa of a hybrid offspring.

BELIEVE ME.
I was onboard for the first part XD

Dude I'm so excited
I kinda want to watch the trailer again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom