• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Details about the Squid Sisters to be revealed in "Squid Sisters Stories"

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Now that's a trailer leaving you wanting "MOAR"!

Looks like the single player is starting in media res with DJ Octavio's escape, Callie's (and Captain Cuttlefish's?) would-be-kidnapping, and Marie pulling a Nick Ink Fury

Wonder how much music will play a part in the story. Will DJ Octavio deploy his own songstress? Either an evil (brainwashed?) Callie or an Octoling pop idol that turns out to be his own granddaughter? Or Callie turns out to be HIS granddaughter (lol)? That female laugh at the end fuels it to either direction. Will the climax involve another music vs music showdown?

*sigh* Two more months...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Well, since the story chapters have come to a close (with the rest being in Splatoon 2), I'll update the original post with the last chapter and leave it at that. It's been a wild ride so far with the story at least.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
last chapter up. Looks like there will be a whole lot more variety in Hero mode. anyone else want Kimono Marie amiibo?
(insert you) squid was totally using sloshers, brushes, Charger, Dualies and a New splatershot that looks almost like a P90 (i'm down). new crazy environments. rail grinding.... they took hero mode and cranked it to 11 i want more lore and story this time.

these short chapters have been very fun to fallow My hype levels are insane right now.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Honestly love how much the plot thickens. If there was one thing that I always criticized about Splatoon, it was the major lack of characters. Not just in quantity, but in quality as well. The series has no real protagonist, just a mere avatar with nothing to his or her name. The rest of the characters were as flat as it gets. This is the first time we actually see characters developing though, and this is the material you can buld a massive Nintendo franchise with.

I do still wish they created an actual protagonist for the franchise though, or even better center other characters to be the protagonists.. "Agent 3" just doesn't cut it. If you think "who is the face of Splatoon?", you think of a random Inkling. It honestly would have been great if they promoted the Squid Sisters to be the new protagonists of the Splatoon series in the single player mode. In this case they could have easily implemented having to play as Marie to save / fight Callie rather than making a purely customizable no-name Inkling the protagonist once again.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Honestly love how much the plot thickens. If there was one thing that I always criticized about Splatoon, it was the major lack of characters. Not just in quantity, but in quality as well. The series has no real protagonist, just a mere avatar with nothing to his or her name. The rest of the characters were as flat as it gets. This is the first time we actually see characters developing though, and this is the material you can buld a massive Nintendo franchise with.

I do still wish they created an actual protagonist for the franchise though, or even better center other characters to be the protagonists.. "Agent 3" just doesn't cut it. If you think "who is the face of Splatoon?", you think of a random Inkling. It honestly would have been great if they promoted the Squid Sisters to be the new protagonists of the Splatoon series in the single player mode. In this case they could have easily implemented having to play as Marie to save / fight Callie rather than making a purely customizable no-name Inkling the protagonist once again.
This is exactly the thoughts I had about the first game. I loved the gameplay and multiplayer, but Single Player felt a bit...rushed? As if a plot was quickly stirred up in order to make something for the single player experience. Granted I still love it, but it felt like it was craving for much more afterwords. And the Sunken Scrolls only made me feel that way more after collecting them all. And in a ironic way, other people such as the fans as well as the official Splatoon Manga had made some good attempts at fleshing out some memorable characters. I would love to see more of that for Splatoon 2.

They kindof had a face for Agent 3 in Splatoon (Light green Inkling girl), and they seem to have it again with this one. But its still "The Player". But I don't mind it as much here- I just hope that maybe your character reacts/interacts with things a little more this time around.

Reactions: Ulk

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
This is exactly the thoughts I had about the first game. I loved the gameplay and multiplayer, but Single Player felt a bit...rushed? As if a plot was quickly stirred up in order to make something for the single player experience. Granted I still love it, but it felt like it was craving for much more afterwords. And the Sunken Scrolls only made me feel that way more after collecting them all. And in a ironic way, other people such as the fans as well as the official Splatoon Manga had made some good attempts at fleshing out some memorable characters. I would love to see more of that for Splatoon 2.

They kindof had a face for Agent 3 in Splatoon (Light green Inkling girl), and they seem to have it again with this one. But its still "The Player". But I don't mind it as much here- I just hope that maybe your character reacts/interacts with things a little more this time around.
I hope so too. I really wish they'd steer this more in the direction of Link. He's a prime example of mixing established characters and avatars. He has a default name, but can be named differently. He has a default outfit, but can be dressed differently. He has his own interactions and reactions, but can vary those depending on the player's choices. Fully established and iconic character, yet also customizable. He is in no way bland and flat like avatars in Fire Emblem for example, yet still a silent protagonist with major customizable features. If they followed this direction they could give Splatoon a new face to its name without hurting the full range of customizable options.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I hope so too. I really wish they'd steer this more in the direction of Link. He's a prime example of mixing established characters and avatars. He has a default name, but can be named differently. He has a default outfit, but can be dressed differently. He has his own interactions and reactions, but can vary those depending on the player's choices. Fully established and iconic character, yet also customizable. He is in no way bland and flat like avatars in Fire Emblem for example, yet still a silent protagonist with major customizable features. If they followed this direction they could give Splatoon a new face to its name without hurting the full range of customizable options.
Right on. Doesn't hurt to give the players own character a bit of interaction after all. And I like to think in a way, it makes things feel just a bit more immersive with that extra touch. A little goes a long way.

Reactions: Ulk

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
This fanart was recently retweeted on my tweeter. I know it isn't official towards what the story is indicating here, but it is nice to show off since it is drawn VERY well.

At least wait until the game comes out for me to feel ;-; This is too early.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
For speedrunners like me, I feel like this story mode will suck to speedrun. First few months will suck to play and figure out the fastest routes.
Looks like there's alot less room for error in this one, doesn't it? At least compared to the first game that seemed mostly straight forward...(Felt that way to me at least, for normal play).

I'd be mighty curious to see how Speed Runners like you tackle this one, given the new weapons available to the mode and all.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
For speedrunners like me, I feel like this story mode will suck to speedrun. First few months will suck to play and figure out the fastest routes.
That sounds rightly fascinating!

The first one is ridiculously easy to speed run, especially to non-speed runners like myself. Which turns out quite useful when you're trying to complete the amiibo challenges, kit out an alt, or give would-be new player the grand tour. And it's given me a bit of admiration for speed runners too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom