Discussing the new Sizzle season kits

isaac4

Inkling Commander
I'm surprised no one has made a thread for this already but I feel pretty good about most of the kits right now. This is definitely better than last season, which makes me wish they just saved the Dread and Explo 2nd kits for later.
Bamboo and CRB especially look fun.
I'm probably only going to end up playing CRB regularly though, but it's good to see that they aren't messing most of them up.

Edit: Accidently added an image I was saving for something else.

Last edited:

TheBearProphet

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
BearProfit
Switch Friend Code
SW-3580-6675-6119
Hydra and Edit are 2 of the 3 splatlings I don’t play much but I’m excited to see how the new kits feel. I have a feeling the new hydra kit won’t sway me but the Edit having a more selfish/active special might make it a bit more fun, even if the tacticooler still gives better results.

Honestly the Wellstring main weapon looks so fun it has me trying to pick up bows as a secondary weapon class. The kits will probably mean that they are mid tier at best, but maybe we will get some more buffs for the less used specials.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
So far I'm really happy with these, I don't play any of these weapons but I'm happy for their players!

Well... except for recycled, but I have so little faith in that weapon, I'll tank the curse of toxic mist for the bamboo mains, whatever

isaac4

Inkling Commander
So far I'm really happy with these, I don't play any of these weapons but I'm happy for their players!

Well... except for recycled, but I have so little faith in that weapon, I'll tank the curse of toxic mist for the bamboo mains, whatever
I wish they gave it Torp instead but curse of Toxic Mist had to get at least one weapon this season. It wouldn't be that bad though but they just refuse to buff it.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I wish they gave it Torp instead but curse of Toxic Mist had to get at least one weapon this season. It wouldn't be that bad though but they just refuse to buff it.
The thing I can't figure out is... what weapons would want toxic mist? I legitimately can't think of any

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
Crb new main potentially?!
Bamboo might try out looks fun
Hydra with screen works but idk why you are playing that over the one with booyah bomb
Might pick up edit if they dont fumble the sub which is hard
I am very happy with nearly everything here

nearly... curse you whoever thought mist on a bambrella was a good idea

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
heavy edit and dousers are the two weapons i'm most interested in second kits for this season, and coincidentally enough those are the two weapons we don't have a solid guess on the sub weapons for lol. i'm very interested in the specials they're getting though, so here's to hoping they get something good. i'm very scared dousers will get curse of line marker, but if they get burst bomb then i'm super super hyped for it. and edit... i honestly have no solid guesses on what its sub will be. it's at least 60% but i'm hoping they had a main of sub saver with a 70% bomb, maybe? splat bomb is really the only option that i actually like. fizzy would be weird cuz no combos, splash wall would do nothing for it, mist is Possible but it's already on recycled so it feels unlikely, mine is very likely going to be on hydra and wouldn't combo as well with edit... sprinkler is the best option of the 60%s, but even then, it's already on vheavy and would serve the exact same purpose, so, idk

uhh aside from all that stuff we don't know though. very glad crb is real, will definitely try it out; bamboo 2 looks amazing and i'm glad it has a kit i can be interested in, since i never really liked its vanilla kit much; new splatana looks super fun and i'm anticipating playing both kits a lot. overall, kinda an insane season and i'm very sad we couldn't have gotten this kit quality sooner. if 3rd kits happen though i feel like we have a lot to look forward to

Yeenom

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
The thing I can't figure out is... what weapons would want toxic mist? I legitimately can't think of any
In a world where it was usable, I think it could be good on Bloblobber. You could keep an opponent in one place to make it harder for them to dodge or corner them in a tight spot like the sides of d'Alphonsio so they couldn't miss.

Mili

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
Oh man, so many of the new kits look like something I would love to play.
Previous season has some kits that I really like (foil flingza and new squiffer), but this is the most weapons I've been excited about for a long while, if ever.
Bamboo having a painting kit is really cool to me, and I really hope we get to see a fix to its paint before the new kit comes out.
CRB is just really cool, and I want more cool weapons to have kraken, I don't think there is a single weapon outside .96 that I like kraken on.
Edit with crab is good! I want to see it used! I like Edit in general, so it having a special like crab is exciting to me.
I really like the choice of giving Douser triple inkstrike, just waiting to see the sub to decide if I want to play it a bit more.
Both Splatanas..... The bubbler kit is good, personally think might be the second best weapon with it, and I'm so happy to see more inkjet options.
I don't particularly like any of the Wellstring V kits, but I think the main weapon looks neat!.

The other two kits I'm not that interested, but I don't think I hate any particular kit compared to other seasons, honestly we love to see it (me, I like the kits of this season).

isaac4

Inkling Commander
I think that if the velocity when throwing Toxic Mist was buffed plus giving an extra effect when directly thrown on an enemy player (maybe by letting it stick to them like a weaker disruptor) then it could be alright for most weapons. A bomb will always be better of course but it wouldn't be as weak as it is now and could help short range weapons chase down enemy players.

Grekly

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
I don’t know what happened at Nintendo but this season kits is a massive leap in quality. CRB, bamboo, edit, both splatanas, hydra, and dousers. Have a pretty synergistic kit. V wellstring, and bambrella has a somewhat synergistic kit though not as strong as the other mentioned. The only kit I’m not a big fan of is custom wellstring since to me it’s sub and special both being a location tool is kind of redundant. They had absolutely cooked this season.

hamnerheads

Inkling
Pronouns
any
Switch Friend Code
SW-3888-0874-7382
the new bows make me wanna cry dude. why would you put point sensor and wave breaker on the same kit? what sense does that make? this may be one of the only time where I would say toxic mist would be better for the kit. taking away mobility on a chip damage heavy kit makes sense, but nooooo, we need a kit with a sub and special that do basically the same thing with similar levels of effectiveness.

the other bow looks whatever. auto bomb works with the wide sprawling nature of 5 little explosions. stamp is a little confusing, but i can work with it ig.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
they gave the decavitator two kits that are both so good that i genuinely don't know what i'd pick between the two so that alone makes this literally perfect for me. and then they decided to give a midline splatling crab tank within a month of me dumping a bunch of time into zimi when all i've been playing this year is stamper and vsplash...

if douser does indeed have burst bomb then i'm sold, 10/10 best season ever

isaac4

Inkling Commander
the new bows make me wanna cry dude. why would you put point sensor and wave breaker on the same kit? what sense does that make?
The devs just really love their Point Sensor and Wavebreaker kits so they decided to combine both.

Flango

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
Crb new main potentially?!
Bamboo might try out looks fun
Hydra with screen works but idk why you are playing that over the one with booyah bomb
Might pick up edit if they dont fumble the sub which is hard
I am very happy with nearly everything here

nearly... curse you whoever thought mist on a bambrella was a good idea
The sub for the edit is a 70% sub since there’s some sub saver gear on, meaning it’s either suction or splat bomb, while splat bomb might be better I think it’s going to be fine either way

isaac4

Inkling Commander
Two Splat Bomb weapons with Kraken and Crab Tank? Where was this kit design in earlier seasons!
Either way, I'm excited for CRB.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
It's so sad how those are some of the most exciting kits we've ever had, and of course when we finally get some great ones, THEY'RE THE LAST (most likely)

Damn you Nintendo, at least you're going out on a bang

It's kind of cool how we're finally getting some more strong splat bomb options for comp, right now the only relevant ones are slosher and ttek (and even then ttek is barely used), so it's nice to get two good ones to close things off. Right now comp splatoon is basically a suction bomb fest lol

technobyte

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
1000000504.png

Splat bomb + Crab tank?!

I'll be honest I really thought it would be a 60% sub like splash wall or whatever. Wall could've been a sort of HP sponge you can crab or get a charge behind, but it might've contradicted the high mobility of edit by locking it to a position. Wall is probably a better fit on hydra anyway but idk (not a hydra main :P.)

Having splat bomb means you can poke at long range and get short range weapons off you for a sec (and maybe even secure some kills with it's fast detonation!) Crab tank can also give edit an option for dealing with long-range threats and help it take space. This kit definitely feels a lot more aggressive compared to the first variant and will be much more active in battle.

On a more personal note, crab tank is my favorite special because of how fun it is. I've just been wanting it on a weapon I use often. Splat bomb is also one of my top favorites because of how well-rounded it is. You can't go wrong with it! Overall very pleased with this kit and will def be using (and maybe even five starring) it!

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Mini Splatling, Bamboozler, Tri-Stringer. Weapons that need to hit difficult shots/play around mobility, and don’t need a bomb.
Honestly, it’d probably be decent on Recycle if it was decent itself.
The problem is mostly that Toxic Mist is extremely weak. It’s like Angle Shooter, and in the same tier if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom