Do you ever report players?

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
What are you people's thoughts on reporting? Do you ever use it, or do you avoid it like the plague?
If you do use it, make sure to give your most egregious examples below!

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I report players who are obviously not contributing or thowing the match but only if its really bad
I had one guy who just sat in spawn for 1 minute then walked into mid got splatted then sat in the spawn pod for another 30 seconds then shot off the map
truth be told they were reported

I also report players with inappropriate names because somebodies got to do it

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Usually use it on very obvious stuff, like players that are actively throwing in non-turf modes. I don't mean people that aren't moving at all, these people could be busy or had something unexpected come up. HOWEVER, if I see anyone just walking around or squid partying, I will NOT let that slide. In turf I'll allow it since it's a bit of an unserious mode but in x rank... Come on man, they're just making me lose points.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Mostly just inappropriate usernames. Even throwing it's not usually worth the effort to go report imo, if its REALLY bad I might block them but otherwise ehhh I doubt my report will actually do anything and its a hassle to do

Dustrix

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
I only report people if they are throwing in an x match or anarchy series, because open I really don't care about whether we win or lose turf-war, like nobody cares about what you do in turf war- I actually like messing around for no reason sometimes in turf, and I don't report inappropriate names cuz I'm no snitch. And also, obviously I'm going to report hackers although I've never seen any wild ones before

Cephalobro

I report match throwers because somebody's gotta discourage that kind of behavior in online matches. No, I don't care if you don't like me or any other member of my team, just play the match, no exceptions.

Other than that, I haven't seen any inappropriate names, so I haven't reported anyone for that only because I never really encountered anyone with an inappropriate name.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I haven't had to report anyone in such a long time but when I did before it was for stuff like purposely throwing a match when there's still a whole minute left.
I also block but I don't think that does anything.

There was this match that happened more recently where I had a Blob Deco who kept purposely falling off the map for the first minute. I have no idea why he did that but somehow me and my 2 other teammates were able to push ahead to the final checkpoint, only then did he finally stop jumping off the map and started playing but at that point it didn't even matter, we already won.
That would have been a good time to report but I just don't think reporting does much anyway.

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
the only time i’ve reported someone was for a plaza post that just had uncensored written-out swearing in it. i thought the post was kinda funny but cmon man, let’s not lose the ability to make posts entirely…

never reported anyone for actual match behavior though. the other day i did watch a replay to see if i should report someone for intentionally throwing, but upon watching it i decided it was probably just somebody not used to the controls. keep at it, player i almost reported, you’ll get there someday 🫡
it’d have to be really blatant throwing for me to report someone based on match behavior, tbh. i lean towards assuming my teammates are trying… because i’d want them to assume the same of me if i were new or having an off day. lol

Cephalobro

The players I don't report are players who suddenly stop dead in their tracks. The reason being that most likely their Joycons turn off during the match, something I had happened to me multiple times.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
i lean towards assuming my teammates are trying… because i’d want them to assume the same of me if i were new or having an off day. lol
This is the exact mindset I use when it comes to not reporting throwing lol. The times I've tried forcing myself to try a new weapon or play with motion controls and done terribly yet still had badges related to some sort of skill achievement... I promise I'm not throwing I'm just genuinely THIS bad on motion controls/this weapon/whatever reason I'm doing terribly then lmao. There's always of course the chance that they've given a younger sibling or otherwise family member the controller or something, it'd suck pretty bad to get banned, even if just temporarily, because you decided to let a kid who's never played before have some fun on your account.

...or the multiple times my cat has been in my room while I play, and suddenly I'm having an allergic reaction mid-match and trying my hardest to keep playing through tears LMAO. I'm not throwing on purpose I'm just dying </3

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I had an insane game last year where it was X battle rainmaker on eeltail alley and I had a jp sploosh on my team who literally immediately grabbed the rainmaker and took it to the checkpoint... OUR checkpoint, and once the other team got check, the sploosh proceeded to keep running for the rainmaker and standing on our pedestal with it. That game was so painful, you have no idea, so I hope they got something for that good lord

Worst part is we actually did well that game considering the... circumstances

neonscreenlight

Pro Squid
the only time i’ve reported someone was for a plaza post that just had uncensored written-out swearing in it. i thought the post was kinda funny but cmon man, let’s not lose the ability to make posts entirely…
genuinely this is the only reason i have ever reported someone. there are kids playing this game.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I tend to avoid reporting when unnecessary, sometimes I'll watch replays to ensure that the silver Aerospray with zero splats, three deaths, and 130p of turf was not, in fact, throwing intentionally, but it's never ended up with anything being report-worthy.

There is one time I did report someone, a Heavy user who seemed to be aimbotting. They could have just been cracked, but they didn't miss a single shot in the replay, and I was only in A rank at the time. (Happened roughly a year ago.) I've had no similar encounters since. Why risk cheating when you can just use the .52 Gal anyway?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I think I remember reporting someone.... once... I forget what for. Either an offensive nickname or plaza post probably. I'm also in the camp of assuming everyone is trying so I haven't reported anyone for game behavior.

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I also force myself to not report when im heated
if im upset I can see stuff that isnt actually happening which is not fair for whoever may need to be reported

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Accessing the report system is such a pain in 3 compared to 2 that I only bother to report people who are very intentionally being useless beyond a shadow of a doubt. I don't care what kind of match it is - you're disrupting the game for other players and wasting their time. About the only time I won't is during Splatfest mirrors.

I'll also go out of my way to report dehumanizing language of any sort, but after seeing "world's best head" for the millionth time I'm just assuming Nintendo is cool with those titles at this point.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
A few times. The other day I had a player grab the Rainmaker, run back to our goal, wait out the explosion timer, then AFK the rest of the match. Why do people do this?

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
honestly i have the thought of "i should report that guy" relatively often when i play out a match where i don't see a teammate the entire game and they have almost no paint and no kills, but i always rewatch the replay first and most of the time it was just because they were bad, and so i move on. the last time i remember Actually reporting someone was when i was playing clam blitz on crableg and i had a teammate that was grabbing every single power clam we made, and throwing it off the map as soon as they could, including going out of their way to do so for pity clams and clams that my teammates left behind when dying. i'm sure every single other person on my team did the same because wtf man...

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i've reported a few ppl before, 99% of the time it was bc of a gross name
there was this one guy that spelled out the f slur on their locker door, which i think was a fellow queer person trying to be funny but also cmon man...........................
i only report throwers if i can tell they're being malicious, i can't rule out the possibility of someone just giving their 3 year old baby sibling the controller lmao

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I've reported a few throwers. You'd think such behavior would diminish considering every single match is recorded and we can see exactly what a given offender is doing, but here we are.

Mostly it's been offensive or inappropriate names, like "Kill *CENSORED*" or "*CENSORED* 2024".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom