• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Drawing Squid Kids! Requests welcome!

cat

Inkling
Inkling gender: female
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Green
Skin color: pale
Eye color: blue
Headpiece: Gas Mask
Clothing: Retro Sweat
Shoes: Cherry Kicks
Pose: I don't really have a preference for this, so improvise if that's alright!
Extras: N/A!
Size: full body, if that's okay?
Style: traditional sketch please! c:

xnox

Inkling
NNID
teinus
Hey, I was literally about to post this exact same request thread lol- Is it okay if I do one or two of these requests, or are you planning on doing them all yourself?: o if so it's fine

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
@xnox If you'd like to take some of them, that would be great. (I never expected to get this many in such a short time lol.) If you'd like, you can maybe run the thread together with me and handle requests. If you don't end up making your own thread that is.) I can handle anyone who's requested pen sketches pretty easily but if you want to see if anyone else wants you to draw their inkling then that would be much appreciated! :D

xnox

Inkling
NNID
teinus
@xnox If you'd like to take some of them, that would be great. (I never expected to get this many in such a short time lol.) If you'd like, you can maybe run the thread together with me and handle requests. If you don't end up making your own thread that is.) I can handle anyone who's requested pen sketches pretty easily but if you want to see if anyone else wants you to draw their inkling then that would be much appreciated! :D
cool, i'll just run it by you first to avoid doing the same one. is it ok if i do @cat and @Chaos_Knight 's requests??

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Inkling gender: Female
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Purple
Skin color: Default
Eye color:Yellow
Headpiece::head_cap002:
Clothing: clothes_vest000
Shoes: :shoes_trs000:
Extra: Can you make the Inkling about the the size they are in game, not really tall.
Pose: Holding the Inkbrush with orange ink splattered about her body. Also have her winking one eye while standing upright.
Size: Ehh whatever size you prefer. I want to use it for my channel art.
Style: Painting with a transparent background.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
you need to chill, i can take more than one request!! i have a week off and i want stuff to do to occupy myself
? I am chill. But you hadn't responded to me, or read my last pm, which had what I asked for. Then you made some posts and stuff about requests. It looked a lot like you forget about me; I'm not crazy.

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
*hides behind chair* Just don't escalate this into a flame war, please. Yes drawing takes time, and us artists often fall victim to procrastination. On top of that I have to juggle work and school and I've got other activities too,such as a halloween dance tomorrow, and I'm sure xnox has things to do as well. Just try to be patient with us in the meantime, we each have our own way of picking who we want to draw for first, so please don't be upset if you aren't immediately chosen. <3 (xnox i'm going to assume you're taking hinichii's request as well then, unless you let me know you don't want to)

It's been a very busy week for me, and it's going to continue like this tomorrow what with the halloween dance craze and I'm also going to see the Martian with a friend (for a film history project in school) so I won't be able to do anything tomorrow, but hopefully Sunday I will get around to finishing some requests.

I have almost finished Aykorn's first request, (i really like how it turned out btw and i probably spent a bit more time on it than i should have, i got a bit carried away oops) I was about to upload and then realized i forgot to add a few details to the headphones, but that should be up possibly tomorrow, if not then on sunday (since it is 11:06 here rn and i'm tired af, i had to drive my waifu around for like 3 hours straight until finally getting home at 10:40) Because i've been so busy this week, i've pretty much been limited to working while i'm in art class, but it should start to clear up really soon and then i can start pumping out requests.

Also, @xnox ! If you're intending on co-running the thread with me instead of making your own, I can put in a permalink in the first post that leads to a post with your information on taking requests, or I can add a section on the form requesting who people want art from, or you can keep taking requests that you'd like from the list i've already got. (any of these choices if fine by me, and if you end up making your own thread in the end, that's also completely ok. <3) EDIT: I have noticed that you made a sketch request thread, so just let me know what your position is currently on this since i'm exhausted and too tired to think very well rn (╯°—°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Look, I completely understand that people have obligations; we all have lives. I am in no way shape or form, trying to appear, or sound possessive. None of my posts show any form of aggression or haste. I was only confused, because I had no sort of comformation on the artwork, and it seemed like I was left hanging; like I was skipped.

I am not sure how you want someone to respond or act, when you tell them you will do a favor for them, but you don't get back to them, or even read their message (Even now, squidboards says the message has yet to be opened, and it was sent on Wenesday), while you line up more requests. I said what about me, twice, on separate days. All I needed and wanted, was some sort of comfirmation from you, and I would not have bothered you at all. Because I would have felt assured, that you acknowledged my request.

To reiterate, I was not trying to pester you or make you think you can only focus on me. Hopefully this message can shed some light on how I felt.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Okay, so I finally have time to post this; take your time and let me know if you have any questions and when it's done. So here goes:
Inkling gender: male and female (I want siblings, so both)
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Squid Girl blue
Skin color: Light (both)
Eye color: traditional blue
Headpiece: Santa hats (traditional red/white) and traditional eye glasses
Clothing: holiday attire (festive sweater, etc.), or baking (see pose for why)
Shoes: how about just stocking feet or house slippers/shoes
Pose: decorating a festive holiday tree or baking holiday cookies, etc. just all around having fun. :)
Extras: the boy squid is taller than the girl, but they both love to have fun together and just kid around
Size: at least 8.5 inches by 11 inches, but can be larger so I can maybe make a poster of it for the "male squid" ;)
Style: any
I think that's everything you need.

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
@kunoichi squid adding you to the list! <3
@Aykorn I've FINALLY gotten your first request done, I may or may not do one or two of the next requests to get them out of the way before I work on your second one, it's 50/50. I couldn't decide if I wanted the background light or dark so I did both. I ended up doing a partial pose with no background (because i'm simultaneously very busy and very lazy and i'm still not the best at backgrounds) i can change the background color to anything you want (including transparent) if you want a different one. The size is 600 x 500 px, if you want I can give you the original size which is 1200 x 1000 px (in case you want the bigger size for better resolution or something like that.) i can also resize and crop it as much as you want for avatars, banners, icons and the like, it takes me literally about 8 seconds.

no spoiler box bc i'm flaunting it :P this is also my first time drawing a gun lol

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@kunoichi squid adding you to the list! <3
@Aykorn I've FINALLY gotten your first request done, I may or may not do one or two of the next requests to get them out of the way before I work on your second one, it's 50/50. I couldn't decide if I wanted the background light or dark so I did both. I ended up doing a partial pose with no background (because i'm simultaneously very busy and very lazy and i'm still not the best at backgrounds) i can change the background color to anything you want (including transparent) if you want a different one. The size is 600 x 500 px, if you want I can give you the original size which is 1200 x 1000 px (in case you want the bigger size for better resolution or something like that.) i can also resize and crop it as much as you want for avatars, banners, icons and the like, it takes me literally about 8 seconds.

no spoiler box bc i'm flaunting it :p this is also my first time drawing a gun lol
Omigosh this looks amazing! Thank you! Yeah, feel free to start working on others, I'm super happy with just the drawing of Wade.
>u< oooh this is so cool

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
i'm glad you like it so much (✿◕‿-)
i've got a bunch of free time tomorrow so i'm probably going to work on more requests then (that is if i don't see the Martian bc i didn't end up seeing it on saturday *table flip*)

xnox

Inkling
NNID
teinus
*hides behind chair* Just don't escalate this into a flame war, please. Yes drawing takes time, and us artists often fall victim to procrastination. On top of that I have to juggle work and school and I've got other activities too,such as a halloween dance tomorrow, and I'm sure xnox has things to do as well. Just try to be patient with us in the meantime, we each have our own way of picking who we want to draw for first, so please don't be upset if you aren't immediately chosen. <3 (xnox i'm going to assume you're taking hinichii's request as well then, unless you let me know you don't want to)

It's been a very busy week for me, and it's going to continue like this tomorrow what with the halloween dance craze and I'm also going to see the Martian with a friend (for a film history project in school) so I won't be able to do anything tomorrow, but hopefully Sunday I will get around to finishing some requests.

I have almost finished Aykorn's first request, (i really like how it turned out btw and i probably spent a bit more time on it than i should have, i got a bit carried away oops) I was about to upload and then realized i forgot to add a few details to the headphones, but that should be up possibly tomorrow, if not then on sunday (since it is 11:06 here rn and i'm tired af, i had to drive my waifu around for like 3 hours straight until finally getting home at 10:40) Because i've been so busy this week, i've pretty much been limited to working while i'm in art class, but it should start to clear up really soon and then i can start pumping out requests.

Also, @xnox ! If you're intending on co-running the thread with me instead of making your own, I can put in a permalink in the first post that leads to a post with your information on taking requests, or I can add a section on the form requesting who people want art from, or you can keep taking requests that you'd like from the list i've already got. (any of these choices if fine by me, and if you end up making your own thread in the end, that's also completely ok. <3) EDIT: I have noticed that you made a sketch request thread, so just let me know what your position is currently on this since i'm exhausted and too tired to think very well rn (╯°—°)╯︵ ┻━┻
MY SCHOOL HOLIDAYS HAVE STARTED!! I can definitely spend this week taking some requests off your hands; also i created that thread before seeing this one ^^;; so i'll just stick to doing requests on this one. however you want me to take them is your decision, just let me know on who's requests i'm doing , or I can do random requests i pick myself :^) any way is fine as long as i get to draw something : p

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@xnox
Could we see some examples of your art? It would probably aid you in your quest to draw people's characters.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Inkling Gender: Male
Ink Color: The Squid Girl Blue Color
Skin Color: White
Eye Color: Green.
Head Gear::head_ncp000:
Clothes::clothes_prk002:
Shoes:shoes_sht005:
Pose: Facing the screen, hands in pockets with a friendly smile on his face.
Extra's: Has the name Sky on the right side, as it is his name.
Size: Any is fine.
Style: Painting.

Last edited:

FairyJinx

Inkling
NNID
Rentozu
@xnox I don't mind whose requests you take, as long as they don't have a WIP next to them it means I haven't started or claimed them or whatever and I can handle all of the pen sketches on my own bc they're so fun, so other than that just pick who you want (as long as they haven't specified they want art from me only) and i'll put your name next to theirs (*also dances bc holidays* unfortunately my holidays haven't started yet >w<)

@MacSmitty adding your request to the list <3

ALSO i have made some slight changes to the first post.
-I'm now also drawing Octolings (I edited this in a while ago but i'm putting the change here just to be safe)
-In the style section if you have a preference on who you want to draw, you can ask for a specific artist
-Added a permalink to the comment where I posted a few of my art styles

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom