• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

EU/OC and NA Splatfest - Spongebob vs. Patrick

I am...

• joining Team Spongebob!

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • joining Team Patrick!

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • currently undecided!

Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I must concede, as unsettling as I always find sponsored Splatfests (even if I like the theme fundamentally, i.e. Pokémon, it's just very immersion-shattering), I agree with the points about Splatoon and, more broadly, Nintendo branching out and getting sponsorship and publicity for future endeavours. It's definitely a similar case with Pokémon, where it's very much become the norm that, say, Pikachu is the mascot of the Japanese football World Cup team or that a general children's comedy show has a segment entirely about parodying Pokémon battles (it's quite unsettling). A particularly good recent example of completely silly product placement has to be Super Mario Maker, in which, among other things, one can unlock Mario riding a Mercedes. If Splatoon goes on to more games (well, when), we should be prepared for the most embarrassing and yet remarkably successful TV shows, crossovers and cameos, further endorsements, etc..

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686

n8han11

Inkling
NNID
N8han11
Well, regardless of whether the show is good or bad, you can't deny it's popularity. It's what a good portion of the Miiverse art consists of, after all. This should be a pretty fun Splatfest.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Somewhat neutral on the theme. I did used to watch spongebob a lot, and while I don't really anymore (or tv much at all), there are still a lot of kids who do enjoy the show. Plus, the last sponsored splatfest catered more to the older audience (red and blue came out in the 90's.) Not too disappointed about missing it, since I am not a huge fan of either character and I personally like the side characters (Mr Krabs, Squidward, Sandy, Plankton) better.

Obligatory low quality meme.

im sorry

Attachments

Koi

Inkster Jr.
éternelle douleur, the land of eternal pain
NNID
Kaidan123
Now seeing that these two characters directly appeal to children, it kinda does look like a hard choice. But looking at how spongebob is the main protagonist in the series, I'll have to go with Pat. Cuz at least Pat knows how to get ALLLLL dem panties if yah know what i mean. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, WE ALLLL WUMBO. THE STUDY OF WUMBO, WUMBOLOGY, IT's FIRST GRADE. And last of all, I'm Dirty Dan. and who u callin Pin Head?

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Now seeing that these two characters directly appeal to children, it kinda does look like a hard choice. But looking at how spongebob is the main protagonist in the series, I'll have to go with Pat. Cuz at least Pat knows how to get ALLLLL dem panties if yah know what i mean. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Those were white when he bought them.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I missed last month's Splatfest—what stages were in rotation? Because I'm feelin Arowana Mall, Camp Triggerfish, and Mahi Mahi Resort are among appropriate maps to fit the Spongebob theme.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686

Garo

Inkling
Gonna side with Spongebob. I haven't actively watched the show so I don't know how much it changes throughout, but from what I've seen, more often than not, Spongebob's "funny stupid" while Patrick's "annoying stupid".

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I missed last month's Splatfest—what stages were in rotation? Because I'm feelin Arowana Mall, Camp Triggerfish, and Mahi Mahi Resort are among appropriate maps to fit the Spongebob theme.
Mahi Mahi Resort and Arowana Mall was actually in the last splatfest I believe. I don't remember what the 3rd stage was, though.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Spongebob vs Patrick?? Yeah, I'm out. This one is just to hard to decide since I'm not a fan of either character, let alone the show.
pick on squid sister, lol

am i alone in thinking this though? I hate that kind of humor, why i can't stand Clarence.

I would prefer something like sofia (purple) vs amber (yellow) but I am gonna guess that fan base is prob limited to girls mostly XD

maybe a little mermaid splatfest? can dream i suppose

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Wait, there are still Inklings who make their choice based on that popularity stuff? Even after Snowman/Sandcastle and Hoverboard/Jetpack and the ranked-based-Splatfest which won't put you together with kids (kids as <20lvl)? :scared:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
pick on squid sister, lol

am i alone in thinking this though? I hate that kind of humor, why i can't stand Clarence.

I would prefer something like sofia (purple) vs amber (yellow) but I am gonna guess that fan base is prob limited to girls mostly XD

maybe a little mermaid splatfest? can dream i suppose
If you want a female oriented show that has a large male fanbase there is always that cartoon show with horses. The teams are based on horse royalty that represents either the sun or moon, also making this day vs night. The fan reaction will be even worse than the reaction for Snowbae and the Spongebob Splatfest.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
It's honestly going to be difficult to call this Splatfest, since we're combined into one region and one score. In NA, the last 6 or 7 Splatfests ended with the least popular team winning, whereas with us in EU, we've had half our x6 Splatfests end with the popular team winning since they got more wins too (Zombies vs Ghosts, Disgusting vs Delicious, Hoverboards vs Jetpacks). Combining the two may be a way of making the more popular team win, and in all honesty, I can totally see us sharing more Splatfests, since waiting times for the last one were pretty bad for those of us with high Splatfest Power and this could be Nintendo's way of alleviating those issues by doubling numbers on the same Splatfest server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom