• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

EU/OC and NA Splatfest - Spongebob vs. Patrick

I am...

• joining Team Spongebob!

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • joining Team Patrick!

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • currently undecided!

Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I 'main' Zink Mini but DirtyBubble is too long for a Mii name .-.
Remove some vowels. Preferably in the "Bubble" word. As long as people understand it.

Hey! Who activated this bubbler? You all know the rules!

All bubbler-activating babies will be beaten senseless by every able-bodied player in the match.

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
While it's true that EU and Oceania have less predictable splatfest results than in the US or Japan, it encompasses the smallest portion of the player base, and Team Patrick's the more popular team from what I've seen in my plaza. I regret my decision, since I had an awful time on Team Planes when I joined them.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
While it's true that EU and Oceania have less predictable splatfest results than in the US or Japan, it encompasses the smallest portion of the player base, and Team Patrick's the more popular team from what I've seen in my plaza. I regret my decision, since I had an awful time on Team Planes when I joined them.
Remember it matches by rank now. Then again there were so many theories last time about how bad players get carried in rank anyway which affects Splatfests so who knows.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i know nothing abut sponge bob except that the movie my kid didn't like lol, i'll take pink because its easier on the eyes during the game

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I don't think we have to worry. Plaza doesn't really mean anything, the sample size is waaaaay too small, and Spongebob, like the Autobots, is the main focus of the show, he even has his name in the title. I can't imagine Patrick being more popular overall, only within the more hardcore and older playerbase who're the minority.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'm also thinking about what maps will pop up, as that is a big factor in whether I'll play until I get to the royalty title. Splatfest usually doesn't repeat maps, so that rules out Mahi, Museum, Arowana, Saltspray and Towers. It's funny, the only times I've refused to play until that title was EU's Cat vs Dogs and Hoverboards vs Jetpacks, both of which had Saltspray and Towers in the rotation, and both caused 1 sided matches that weren't fun. Personally, I hope to see Ancho-V, Urchin and either Port Mackerel or Kelp Dome. That should lead to fun and close matches, and would help keep the Splatfest fun. I'm still undecided on which team to go for, but I'll probably go Team Patrick, since I usually side with Marie, the pink on the shirt helps hide the Nickelodeon sign and Patrick was a pretty good character in the first 3 series. Either way I need to get a shifty on, since I like to level up the Splatfest shirt before it starts.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
So what IS the difference between New and Old Spongebob. I never watched Nickelodeon back in the day when all the other kids were raving about Sponges and Ren & Stimpy and so forth. It always seemed so base compared to my sophisticated cartoons. :P

So what is the then & now of Spongebob?

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I think it started with Spongebob getting different writers and direction at some point of the show. I don't know too much about modern Spongebob, but episodes really seem to be less... "iconic". It's just milking the remains of a dead show nowadays.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm hardly an expert, but characters in new spongebob seem a lot more hateful and obnoxious than they used to be.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
So what IS the difference between New and Old Spongebob. I never watched Nickelodeon back in the day when all the other kids were raving about Sponges and Ren & Stimpy and so forth. It always seemed so base compared to my sophisticated cartoons. :p

So what is the then & now of Spongebob?

It fell into more mean spirited comedy. Nothing wrong with that in like something like Billy and Mandy as the show is meant to be like that but Spongebob never started out as that and people who were fans of the pre-movie seasons were not happy with the direction it turned.

Also if there was one episode of Spongebob people should watch for those who never watched it which defines the series as a whole if one does not want to watch all episodes to see what Spongebob is about it should be "Band Geeks." All main and and major secondary characters are there, the mayonnaise joke is there and most people consider it the best episode.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I'm hardly an expert, but characters in new spongebob seem a lot more hateful and obnoxious than they used to be.
They seemed pretty obnoxious before too, so that's saying something!

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
There is one episode I remember from spongebob involving spongebob needing water and resisting it. Is that old or new spongebob?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
They seemed pretty obnoxious before too, so that's saying something!
They were obnoxious, but still loveble. Kinda like that kid that annoys you, but he's too young to notice and sometimes feels bad about it and you're like "aw, i can't be mad at you". Prime example of a character turning horrible after the first movie and as the series progressed is Patrick being an absolute jerk later on. Before his stupidity did get people in trouble, but he would always feel bad and apologize afterwards. And sometimes he can't hepl it because he's so dumb. Now, it feels like he's being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. Never apologizing and never feeling bad at all. There are some actual good episodes of the newer seasons. Like the sand castle episode, but they're really few and far in between.

There is one episode I remember from spongebob involving spongebob needing water and resisting it. Is that old or new spongebob?
Old. It's the episode where Sandy is introduced.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I've actually seen that episode, so it's probably old :P

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
If you're talking about the "Hold your pinky up to seem fancy" episode, that's still among the older episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom