Fire Emblem Social Thread

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
Could anybody explain to me why Wendy is considered an awful unit in Binding Blade? Genuinely I don't understand. Yeah, she joins at level 1 with low base stats on the 8th mission but Binding Blade is fairly long, she has good growths and is the easiest Est in the series to raise. Seriously, I had her up to level 11 by the end of the mission she joins on and then got her promoted by Mission 12! She suffers from having only 4-5 move range and being a lancer on the western isles, but she gains axes upon promotion. I just don't get it, my Wendy was a stellar unit and she wasn't very hard to use either. Could anybody who has played this game share their experience with me.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Could anybody explain to me why Wendy is considered an awful unit in Binding Blade? Genuinely I don't understand. Yeah, she joins at level 1 with low base stats on the 8th mission but Binding Blade is fairly long, she has good growths and is the easiest Est in the series to raise. Seriously, I had her up to level 11 by the end of the mission she joins on and then got her promoted by Mission 12! She suffers from having only 4-5 move range and being a lancer on the western isles, but she gains axes upon promotion. I just don't get it, my Wendy was a stellar unit and she wasn't very hard to use either. Could anybody who has played this game share their experience with me.
It's the low turn count elitist part of the community that makes everyone think so. Solely because she joins level 1 with bad movement and has farily awkward growths (which work out well enough anyway so I'm not sure why it matters).

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
That's what I was thinking. Honestly I enjoy playing fire emblem a lot and I enjoy playing effectively and making good use of my units, but basing what is 'efficient' solely on the in game parameters is kind of dumb imo. It really comes across as 'Anything outside of the easiest possible runthrough isn't worth playing' even though that's pretty ironic given their elitism. Oh well, I enjoy a bit of fun alongisde my games.

Sleepy_Icarus

Inkling
NNID
StarrKnight
The "My Castle" feature introduced in the latest Nintendo Direct.

... The hell is up with the face rubbing?

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
My Castle seems like a neat feature, I like the idea behind it and it's a great way to reimpliment base converstions from the Tellius duo. Still the Fire Emblem Amie thing is really creepy it works with pokemon because they're not people they're animals. Also Charlotte's design is an atrocity but the other designs that were revealed were pretty good. Apparently Felicia and Joker can reclass into Bow Knight and Great Hero classes via parallel seal and the default ability of that blue haired Lancer Girl lowers her defense by 6 for a turn after she directly attacks, yikes.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Everything about this game looks hype, even Fire Emblem Amie, IDGAF, I'd have loved to pat Frederick on the head on Awakening for all the times he saved my ***, this feature is going to act as a way to reward my loyal units!

Question; how do you guys name your Avatar?

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Yeeeeesh that design for Charlotte is a mess. The face rubbing is also super creepy.

At least the base looks fairly neat?

Sleepy_Icarus

Inkling
NNID
StarrKnight
If is going to be compatible with amiibo: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/system/index.html#amiibo
Ike's and Marth's portrait's look amazing, but it's disappointing to see that Robin and Lucina's are unchanged, Robin especially.
Still the Fire Emblem Amie thing is really creepy it works with pokemon because they're not people they're animals.
It's not even a cultural thing, too. The face rubbing just seems so odd and unnecessary...
Question; how do you guys name your Avatar?
I didn't change my Avatar's default name in my first run through Awakening. I tend to keep the default names for a lot of games, including Earthbound and Mother 3. Just feels more appropriate.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
I should have known this thread would be mostly awakening/if
Just to try and get some activity around here, who is every one's favorite character in the series?
colm FE8
The "My Castle" feature introduced in the latest Nintendo Direct.

... The hell is up with the face rubbing?
wow you got further in that video then I did.
I manage to get a full 3 seconds in....
needless to say, I've been very skeptical of the new game.
Mechanically it looks fine, story wise it looks like thracia all over again which the idea of bores me
oh and character design is garbage as I would except from the awakening designer, he/she/whoever will never seem to grasp the idea of western armor
she shows up like a mission before you go to axe land once again.
You pretty much said the negatives yourself
I tried to go for Wendy myself, but I got RNGed and had to fall on a different knight
I don't like the really sculpted boob cups that Elfie's got going on, but the armor itself isn't bad. I'm so glad Rinka has actual muscles and is in a solid pose. Fingers crossed they keep it up in that direction.
don't want to be the guy that points thinks out, but rinka's boobs are as unrealistic as Elfie's (someone didn't grasp the idea of what wraps do). Boob cups are always more tacky though
yeah, but they did do FE4, and a lot of the stuff that goes on there wouldn't look out of place in a chapter of ASoIaF, or an episode of Game of Thrones.
FE4 had that incest though... then again awakening did to, Japan is weird

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I didn't change my Avatar's default name in my first run through Awakening. I tend to keep the default names for a lot of games, including Earthbound and Mother 3. Just feels more appropriate.
see I use the default names in Mother too but with games where the avatar is actually customisable I prefer naming them myself

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
I'm on my third playthrough of Awakening, LUNATIC/CLASSIC. It's pretty tough, but I'm determined not to lose anyone.

I started FE with an Translated FE6 ROM that my older brother gave me. MAN OH MAN did 12 year old me get his butt kicked. FE6, despite being my first FE game, has never been beaten (by me). I then played both GBA ones, Sacred Stones being one of my favorites. I also played Path of Radience (I'm seriously hoping they bring one to Wii U) and Radiant Dawn. PoR was better story wise, but both were good. I got a 3ds solely to play Awakening originally. I never played FE5, but I played FE4 after my first Awakening playthough...it was awesome.

Maybe I'll go back to FE6 after this playthrough...

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
don't want to be the guy that points thinks out, but rinka's boobs are as unrealistic as Elfie's (someone didn't grasp the idea of what wraps do). Boob cups are always more tacky though
to be fair, if you don't wrap that tight they don't get flattened too much. I do agree they're probably a bit on the large and round side still tho, a fighter would want the wraps tight to keep things from moving around, but it's miles ahead of Elfie's ridiculously sculpted boob cups imo.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
to be fair, if you don't wrap that tight they don't get flattened too much. I do agree they're probably a bit on the large and round side still tho, a fighter would want the wraps tight to keep things from moving around, but it's miles ahead of Elfie's ridiculously sculpted boob cups imo.
I never give Kozaki any leeway at this point
every small thing puts me off

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I never give Kozaki any leeway at this point
every small thing puts me off
yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat, I've got very little faith in any designs to be legitimately good and not something that they just kind of fell backwards into. Still, very glad to see a muscular women even if it's just a 'a broken clock is still right twice a day' situation.

Guineapig126

Inkling
NNID
Guineapig126
I need to check Squidboards more.
I also played Path of Radience (I'm seriously hoping they bring one to Wii U) and Radiant Dawn.
An idea that I've had in my head for a while: Let's put PoR and RD on the Virtual Console or just get a remake of the two in one. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a hard copy, and I don't really enjoy emulators unless it's for games that have literally no copies made of them, or they're only in Japanese. Also, on that topic, let's translate all of the older FE games and put them up on VC. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy this instead of using illegal means to play the game. What do you guys think about this idea?

Cliff

Inkling
Ah, a Fire Emblem social thread where I least expect one.

Fire Emblem's my favorite franchise of all time. I just beat Path of Radiance last week, and I'm trying to find a copy of Radiant Dawn. Oh well, maybe they'll port Radiant Dawn on the Wii U eShop and announce it during E3 in about a week.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Ah, a Fire Emblem social thread where I least expect one.

Fire Emblem's my favorite franchise of all time. I just beat Path of Radiance last week, and I'm trying to find a copy of Radiant Dawn. Oh well, maybe they'll port Radiant Dawn on the Wii U eShop and announce it during E3 in about a week.
I see hope springs eternal my friend

GreyIsSquidNow

Inkling
NNID
Greymanz
Love Fire Emblem a whole bunch. FE13 is where I started, completed Sacred Stones And Path of Radiance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom