Fire Emblem Social Thread

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
You lurk there? Awesome! Now the next step is to actually make an account XD.

By the way... TIME FOR SKILLS! (Galeforce is back, woo! Might function differently though).

Wow that's a lot of skills.
But are these all the skills? Because I don't see any Pavise+/Aegis+/other obvious Lunatic+ skills.
Wait what's that green Pavise/Aegis? And why's there a yellow one? Can't you halve damage from every weapon type with those other 3 skills.
Also, YAY Galeforce is back!

Also, for some reason I couldn't add this to my last post:
Wait, what's Robin doing there? I thought you had a different overpowered main character in this one.
Come to think of it, Marth, Ike and Lucina shouldn't be there either. Is that an amiibo thing?
And does that one next to Robin have a luchador mask on?
Also, that blue-and-pink-haired one looks like Lissa. Is that intentional, or is it just me seeing things?

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Wow that's a lot of skills.
But are these all the skills? Because I don't see any Pavise+/Aegis+/other obvious Lunatic+ skills.
Wait what's that green Pavise/Aegis? And why's there a yellow one? Can't you halve damage from every weapon type with those other 3 skills.
Also, YAY Galeforce is back!

Also, for some reason I couldn't add this to my last post:
Wait, what's Robin doing there? I thought you had a different overpowered main character in this one.
Come to think of it, Marth, Ike and Lucina shouldn't be there either. Is that an amiibo thing?
And does that one next to Robin have a luchador mask on?
Also, that blue-and-pink-haired one looks like Lissa. Is that intentional, or is it just me seeing things?
I'm much less experienced than the others at Serenes to give an sort of GOOD inference, so I cannot say anything about the skills, sadly. Though I can say this: they could be personal skills or new class skills.

Missing skills from previous image:

I'd be happy to give any clarification on which character is who, though!

The girl with blue / pink hair is Pieri. She is one of Xander's (Marx) subordinates.

Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin are amiibo features.

Hoshidan Characters: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/
Nohrian Characters: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/

Currently Unknown Affiliation / Other: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/

Also, a picture showing which child belongs to which parent (children belong to males now):
Child name is listed first. Underneath is the parent.

Grey, Matoi, and Shara are references to Gaius, Cordelia, and Tharja.

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I'm much less experienced than the others at Serenes to give an sort of GOOD inference, so I cannot say anything about the skills, sadly. Though I can say this: they could be personal skills or new class skills.

I'd be happy to give any clarification on which character is who, though!

The girl with blue / pink hair is Pieri. She is one of Xander's (Marx) subordinates.

Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin are amiibo features.

Hoshidan Characters: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/
Nohrian Characters: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/

Currently Unknown Affiliation / Other: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/
Ah, I see.
Well, you're still more qualified on that front than I am, that's for sure.

So those four are tied to the amiibo. Good to know. Do you think Roy'll get added in once his Smash amiibo comes out? And do you think non-FE amiibo'll do anything?
...I just pictured other amiibo giving you party members and tried to picture Samus joining your party. That would be so broken.

Do you have to kill all your siblings on the other side in either path?

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Ah, I see.
Well, you're still more qualified on that front than I am, that's for sure.

So those four are tied to the amiibo. Good to know. Do you think Roy'll get added in once his Smash amiibo comes out? And do you think non-FE amiibo'll do anything?
...I just pictured other amiibo giving you party members and tried to picture Samus joining your party. That would be so broken.

Do you have to kill all your siblings on the other side in either path?
Heh, I've only really been there for 2 years, compared to those who have been there for nearly 7 years!

lol I'd love if Peach or Zelda could join. But Roy? He'll probably be added via an update later after his amiibo is released!

I also edited my above post showing which child belongs to which parent (child name above, parent name underneath). And if you don't know who that parent is, just ask I could easily show you! Grey, Matoi, and Shara are references to Gaius, Cordelia, and Tharja, like Luna, Lazward, and Odin are to Severa, Inigo, and Owain.

In Hoshido (Birthright), I think you'll have to kill your Nohrian siblings. But in Nohr (Conquest), I don't think you have to. The games have different stories. Hoshido (Birthright) is about protecting invasions from Nohr. Nohr (Conquest) is about a revolution inside the Nohr kingdom. I could be wrong though.

Easier for understanding children:

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Oh, no wonder that guy looks like he's trying to be a superhero!

Also, is it bad that I didn't know Tsukuyomi was a guy until I read that?

Crap, I was hoping you wouldn't have to kill them, or at least not the little sisters.
And do you know what that third path is? Has that been leaked too?

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
The third path has not been leaked / revealed. It's released in July (in Japan).

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
fast and very angry FE:Fates spoiler
YOU CAN HAVE KIDS WITH YOUR SIBLING WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
I had zero interest before I saw this stuff and now I just want to burn the game down dear god

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
fast and very angry FE:Fates spoiler
YOU CAN HAVE KIDS WITH YOUR SIBLING WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
I had zero interest before I saw this stuff and now I just want to burn the game down dear god
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
...Sorry, sorry, that was just kinda funny to me. Don't know why.

Well, it makes sense. Fire Emblem has quite a bit of incest already (Eirika & Ephraim, Priscilla & Raven, though those two might just be subtext, Eltoshan & Lachesis from what the FE4 LP I'm reading is telling me, in fact there's quite a bit in FE4, also I'm pretty sure Lucina can still marry Owain in Awakening even though they're cousins, I think there's more, here's a TVTropes page with any I missed: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/BrotherSisterIncest/FireEmblem), so letting the player get in on that is only logical.

Also, they're probably not actually your siblings if you can have kids with them. I'm just waiting for the plot twist now.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
This game already looked bad but this is like the what, third nail in the coffin for me.
Eirika and Ephraim aren't incestuous.
FE4 allows a few incest pairings but as far as I know that's only due to a bug. None of the incest pairings get unique dialogue unlie other pairings do.
Lucina and Owain are listed as 'Partners' rather than Husband/Wife and the hubba tester even explicitly says that 'it's kosher' meaning they aren't in an incestuous ****fest.

Incest is ****ing gross and shouldn't be allowed, much less with your underaged younger siblings. Pedophilic Incest isn't my bag and shouldn't be anybody elses for any reason at all ever.
I won't be getting this game that's for sure. I'll sit here and wait for fire Emblem to get better, but it likely won't at least not for a long time.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Even if you're not """"""""actually""""""""" related you were still raised as sibling / straight up told that these are your birth siblings (and right now the best they're saying is that you're maybe only half siblings which is still incest)

and you can still have a kid after this

it's terrible and disgusting and what tiny shred of hope I had for this game is gone

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
This new Fire Emblem Fates is in no way bad or disgusting. It's merely different than the others. You guys are willing to let down an entire game for a tiny detail you don't like? You don't have to S-Supports your siblings. Though, I do admit, being the given the ability is gross to me...

Is this whole incest deal the only reason you guys don't like this game? Overall, the mechanics and gameplay features have only improved since Awakening, and I feel Nintendo is making a good decision with this. Face-rubbing, that's not me, but it can appeal to other people.

And there are people out there who (as weird as it may sound to you) actually do like this feature to marry siblings.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Eirika and Ephraim aren't incestuous.
FE4 allows a few incest pairings but as far as I know that's only due to a bug. None of the incest pairings get unique dialogue unlie other pairings do.
Lucina and Owain are listed as 'Partners' rather than Husband/Wife and the hubba tester even explicitly says that 'it's kosher' meaning they aren't in an incestuous ****fest.
They're not? Those two seemed like they could go either way on that one, or maybe it was just Eirika.
FE4... maybe, but there's still Deirdre and Alvis. Villains, granted, but it's still there.
True on Awakening, I remember reading that that was different in Japan though.

Incest is ****ing gross and shouldn't be allowed, much less with your underaged younger siblings. Pedophilic Incest isn't my bag and shouldn't be anybody elses for any reason at all ever.
Agreed.

...I'll still probably get it though, and just ignore that part like I ignored the supports in every FE7 playthrough.
Or,
This new Fire Emblem Fates is in no way bad or disgusting. It's merely different than the others. You guys are willing to let down an entire game for a tiny detail you don't like? You don't have to S-Supports your siblings. Though, I do admit, being the given the ability is gross to me...

Is this whole incest deal the only reason you guys don't like this game? Overall, the mechanics and gameplay features have only improved since Awakening, and I feel Nintendo is making a good decision with this. Face-rubbing, that's not me, but it can appeal to other people.

And there are people out there who (as weird as it may sound to you) actually do like this feature to marry siblings.
This.
Fire Emblem-Amie is still hilarious though, not being my thing aside.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Are they going to let you actually play against your friends in the new FE?

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
You can visit others' via the internet, which I'm assuming means those on your friendlist!

Dr. Peace

Full Squid

There's a good number of reasons I don't like this game:
Being better than awakening does not mean it's good. Awakening was completely gutted in terms of combat and map design compared to previous games. It was a very shallow experience overall and the character writing was about as thin as chicken broth given every character had to be generic enough to be able to marry every other unit of the opposite gender. This game has almost certainly not improved in terms of writing for just that reason same reason.
Six of the game's character designs are straight up recycled from awakening which is god damned lazy. Transparently so too, given they're all Nohr exclusive as a means of selling the newcomers to the series who are worse players on buying the 'harder' story path. This is exceptionally bad imo because the game's roster is actually rather small overall not counting in child units being a mere 19 or so units per side.
'Skin Shipping' is weird.
A lot of the 'new features' are actually just re-introduced. Lack of weapon durability, jail, and the my base feature all come to mind. (Gaiden, Thracia, and Gaiden respectively)
Incest is gross and so is being able to marry (and have children with) underaged units. Pedophelia isn't cool and incest is also not cool. And to be honest, yeah this alone is enough for me to drop the game especially after how disappointed I was with awakening.

Overall I haven't heard or seen anything about the game that made me particularly excited in the first place, and a bunch of the stuff I have heard only made me less and less wanting the game to the point where now I just straight up will refuse to buy it.

Edit:
People who want to marry their siblings are gross, that's really all there is to it. Making a product that panders to an audience like that ought to tell you of the general quaity of said product.

Last edited:

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
There's a good number of reasons I don't like this game:
1. Being better than awakening does not mean it's good. Awakening was completely gutted in terms of combat and map design compared to previous games. It was a very shallow experience overall and the character writing was about as thin as chicken broth given every character had to be generic enough to be able to marry every other unit of the opposite gender. This game has almost certainly not improved in terms of writing for just that reason same reason.

2. Six of the game's character designs are straight up recycled from awakening which is god damned lazy. Transparently so too, given they're all Nohr exclusive as a means of selling the newcomers to the series who are worse players on buying the 'harder' story path. This is exceptionally bad imo because the game's roster is actually rather small overall not counting in child units being a mere 19 or so units per side.

3. 'Skin Shipping' is weird.

4. A lot of the 'new features' are actually just re-introduced. Lack of weapon durability, jail, and the my base feature all come to mind. (Gaiden, Thracia, and Gaiden respectively)

5. Incest is gross and so is being able to marry (and have children with) underaged units. Pedophelia isn't cool and incest is also not cool. And to be honest, yeah this alone is enough for me to drop the game especially after how disappointed I was with awakening.
Here, I replied in numbers.

1. I admit the character writing in AWAKENING was not that good. This game is different. The maps are different and interesting too, even Nohr providing different (more complex) maps. Can you read Japanese? According to translators at Serenes Forest, these characters seem to be bursting with life.

2. The reason the character designs are recycled is because they are the six most popular character from Awakening (aside Chrom). Not only that, but only 3 of them are Nohr exclusive. The other three are Hoshidan...

3. Some people like skinshipping. You (and others) just don't. It being in the game doesn't make it worse than the others. It's just more "interactive".

4. Now they're back, because these features certainly weren't in Awakening. Newcomers who have played Awakening are given a different experience.

5. Incest... yeah that's pretty gross to me too, but this isn't the first Fire Emblem game to have that. Not many canon ages are given anyways, so we can't even tell if other Fire Emblem games had done that (pedophilic incest) or not.

You are certainly not the one to tell people what they like is gross. It's their decision on what they want to do, despite how you perceive it to be. Don't like it? Don't do it. It's a game.

Last edited:

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
I cannot read japanese but plenty of people thought Awakening's character writing was also good. I'm highly doubtful this game's is any better. 'Bursting with life' could mean anything from a genuiney well flleshed out character like Jill to what Awakening considers 'bursting with life' meaning Tharja, Vaike, or Giaus who are walking tropes.
Sure, the other three are Hoshidan, but they aren't immediately available was more my point. Regardless, it's lazy. No past game in the series has recycled characters because they were poplar. In duologies (4/5 6/7 9/10) they would show up when plot important and for no other reason.
I wouldn't mind skin shipping so much if it weren't a feature so deeply rooted in eroge games, on top of the fact that Marx says "You're my little sister, I want to touch you" amongst other things your siblings and others can say once you're married. That's really creepy. (source btw http://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3avvj7/when_you_reach_s_rank_with_someone_their_lines/)

Like I said, the features returning that's great for FE newcomers, but not for me who wanted a unique experience and a more fleshed out game. It's just not appealing to me when the only new feature we've seen that's truly new is the Dragon's Vein, and even then older games had destructable terrain which is roughly the same thing anyway.

Maybe the game will be fun, that's fine. BUt that isn't enough to justify ppurchasing it for me. Especially when the game series' tone and artstyle is also shifting in a direction I really don't care for. I'll speak with my wallet and that's all there is to it.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Re-using character designs is not lazy. Lazy is when they can't / won't make another design. And this is clearly not the case. The purpose of re-using designs was because of popularity. It would have to be one CRAZY coincidence for the 6 re-used designs to be the 6 most popular.

The unique dialogue from skinshipping with S-Supports is something that creeps me out, though. I think Nintendo of America has some censoring to do before the NA version is released.

It's difficult, though possible, to please all the crowd. There will always be different sides and opinions on what someones wants. Even if these features are just brought back from older games, they're different in comparison to their predecessor. Especially considering those games with those features were Japan-only games.

Your second response is the one I was looking for. Giving justified answers and opinions for your disliking is infinitely better than why it might be worse. Yes, in the end, it's your choice to purchase or not. But you should keep in mind that you might dislike something someone may like, because the way you word something can really throw someone off, like it did to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom